• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
its way to early for this talk, it'll still be to early after the chooks beat us thursday

give the team some time before making any judgements about whether they have improved enough to save haslers job

Hmm.. how about another 5 years? is that enough time to make a judgement on Des

poor moore didnt get more than 1.5 years after winning the coach of the year award.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He has had more than enough time to prove his incompetence.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm.. how about another 5 years? is that enough time to make a judgement on Des

poor moore didnt get more than 1.5 years after winning the coach of the year award.
and in that 1 full season following the award, he still missed the finals more then des has with us

my point is, its round 1, like it or lump right hasler is our coach afor this season, the constant talk about sacking him is tiresome, let the footy play out for a while before calling for his head ahead of next season

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A lot of people on here are assessing Hasler on his results to date, which I agree are abysmal.
Whilst getting to GF's are some sort of achievement, they equal a fail.
More importantly is the fact that Hasler cannot attract any decent players. Money is not the problem,
it's just that they don't want a bar of Hasler.
He cannot organise a decent game plan (do we have one).
He refuses to stand down constant failures (Hopoate and Mbye ?).
He appears to have lost the respect of the players.
It's time to bring in Dean Pay. At least he was part of the winning Bulldogs culture.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
and in that 1 full season following the award, he still missed the finals more then des has with us

my point is, its round 1, like it or lump right hasler is our coach afor this season, the constant talk about sacking him is tiresome, let the footy play out for a while before calling for his head ahead of next season
The reason we want him gone is because we are not a club content with simply making the 8. We want results, and it's not just the fact that we're losing games, but the pathetic way the team plays is frustrating, because it's like the players are just plodding, and there is no real structure of game plan.

You can't tell me the umpteen times Aden Tolman received the ball on the 5th tackle last year wasn't appalling? You can't tell me that Des is "too scared" for the players to kick the ball into the opponents in-goal area on the last because he's scared of it going dead, and the opponents getting a 7th tackle from the 20m restart.

Des is not capable of adapting to the game like the other NRL clubs are, and it's time for him to go.

We, the passionate fans, will continue to call for his head until he's either gone, or adapts, and from what we're seeing, he doesn't look like he's going to adapt anytime soon.

GTOWN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is from the one of the latest articles about Arsenal Football Club... Talking about their coach and the feelings of players and fans...
Any of this sound familiar??

The pressure on Wenger will ramp up another notch following Arsenal’s worst ever loss at the Emirates, and with an FA Cup game up next and their Premier League top four hopes on the line, fans are demanding he leaves.

Yet The Mirror’s John Cross said that was: “no excuse for another sorry, miserable capitulation which was exactly the same story and scoreline from the first leg in the Allianz Arena.”

“Arsenal Football Club, Rest In Peace,” he wrote. This institution, one of the most famous clubs in the world, is dead and buried.

Here at the Emirates, the heart finally stopped beating. This defeat, so big the vidiprinter had to spell out TEN in letters, is a disgrace.”

From there, the reaction descended into criticism of Wenger, and analysis of his demise at the helm of a club he had made so big in the Premier League era.

“The last 10 years in terms of league trophies and the Champions League, it’s been a disappointing time for Arsene Wenger,” said Rio Ferdinand on BT Sport.

“It’s disappointing to see him go out on this note after all he’s done. At this moment in time things are not going right and he can’t seem to find the answer.”

Arsenal club legend Ian Wright went one step further, describing it as the worst period he can remember in the club’s history.

“It’s a sad day because we’ve gone out again at this stage,” he said, also saying Wenger looks “lost.”

Wright added: “We’re going through a period in our history that’s the worst in history I can remember.

“With everything that’s going on you have to say it will take some sort of monumental effort for Arsenal to turn it around in terms of the drive and determination of the players. It feels like something is coming to an end.”

Another former player from Wenger’s golden early years in charge came out to say his time is up.
“I feel that the time has come,” Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva told Sport 360.

“The more the past is coming to a close, the more his time is coming - not because he can’t do the job any longer, but, perhaps because the other clubs have changed their way of working, the way of doings things.

“He hasn’t changed much, he hasn’t changed his way of working - not because he doesn’t want to, but it is not so easy to compete with clubs who spend a lot of money every season.”

It was this point – Wenger’s inability to adapt over the years – which Ruud Gullit believes will see the Frenchman’s reign end with his early successes ignored.

“The thing is, Arsene Wenger was most successful with the team he inherited,” Gullit said on beIN Sports.” The back four he inherited and was strong, then he put [Thierry Henry] in there and that added some power and technique … but since then they never had it.

“He was obsessed with Barcelona and their tiki taka play and he brings that to the Premier League but it’s too difficult. He’s still stuck with certain football but he doesn’t have the players to do it.

“I like Arsene Wenger and I think even the fans like Arsene Wenger, but they just want him to decide to go out. If he decides to go out, I think they will give him a standing ovation for what he has done. Now it’s more ‘come on, do something’. It’s almost like what are you going to do now? Where are you going to hide?”

Yet the most scathing assessment came not of Wenger, but of his players, with former Celtic manger Neil Lennon unloading on BBC.

“It’s groundhog season with Arsenal,” he said. “They’ve had one Champions League final, in 2006, and ever since it’s been a steady decline.

“There comes a cut off point where people switch off and I think it’s at that point now. They look like a team of divas some times. They look like a team of spoiled brats. They throw in the towel far too easily.”

And as the walls crumbled around Arsene Wenger, Alexis Sanchez grinned on the bench.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shades of Desene Wenger. Either Des grows some balls and becomes ruthless or he leaves on good terms.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time to move on. He's too old school, and too loyal to players that aren't performing. Fullbacks are one of the most important positions and we are stuck with a dud that won't even play on Sunday's. He offers zero in attack, where most other teams have a strike player there. Someone who can sniff out when to chime into the backline. Hoppa just doesn't do that. Thats just one example of a player who shouldn't be there.

I'd be stoked if Dymock got the gig. Hopefully we put in a better performance on a dry track, but if things don't improve by about round 6 I would love Dymock to take over while he still has time to mould the team to his style and make a late charge for the finals.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not sure why we keep discussing this like it will lead to anything happening. No chance Des is gone before the end of this season, and plenty of time to rehash it again later in the year. Or are we going to carry on about it all year and bore my pants off?

I am not a Des fan but im sick of reading and talking about the same shit constantly.
Fk I reckon

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
the kennel has spoken,

time to go Des!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
By the way it's a generic pic