Josh Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's an interesting stat. Don't necessarily agree with the first part, I thought he played well and was one of the players who looked as though they may make something happen.

Still, the only game we've won at Belmore is when he came on as an impact player at the end.
Lol this statistic used like a lamp post a drunk man leans on for support rather than for illumination

Reactions: DT

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is the more experienced senior half who cannot kick to save his life.

Mbye who is younger, less experienced and not a half has been given more responsibility. That tells you all you need to know.

It's time for Reynolds to be dropped. Des needs to pull a Taylor and get rid. Mbye needs a calming influence in the halves.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is the more experienced senior half who cannot kick to save his life.

Mbye who is younger, less experienced and not a half has been given more responsibility. That tells you all you need to know.

It's time for Reynolds to be dropped. Des needs to pull a Taylor and get rid. Mbye needs a calming influence in the halves.
You identified the problem without saying it, Hasler!
He keeps playing guys in the wrong position and his tactics are appallingly outdated.
I am a Reynolds fan, but mainly because he looks like he is trying all the time, i don't think he is the greatest player just a trier and i don't see anyone else in this squad with his desire.
Mbye seems to be lost in this team with this coach, Reynolds runs around looking for something and often gets caught out, the forwards are slow at pretty much everything they do and the backs, well enough said.
The coach continues to trot out the same old rubbish year in year out, to be fair last nights conditions don't show much so he has a weeks grace in my eyes but i want to see something different next week and I'm sure the loyal Doggies fans do also.
In all sports if the team is not performing who gets the chop, the coach!
Before i go slagging anymore players id like to see a change in the coach...ive seen enough from Des to know that his style does not suit this club or players and it is getting close to bye bye time if it continues which i believe it will.
Hope I'm wrong....

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye doesn't have a sweet kick on him.. Reynolds long and short kicking game are probably better than Mbye's.. how good was Mbyes grubber... in behind the defence..... only problem was that he didn't kick it into space. He doesnt kick long range kicks into space either

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye to fullback and Reynolds leaves. Buy two new halves and a hooker and a new coach and problem solved.
Reynolds as a bench impact player and im with you on the rest, especially the coach bit

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who can't see that Reynolds is our biggest problem is not watching closely enough.

Granted he tries his guts out. But that's not enough for first grade.

Why is he doing most of the kicking? He isn't a natural kicker! At least Mbye has a sweet kick on him. He needs to do 75% of the kicking. Reynolds tried a bomb in the first half and it went backwards. His passes are floaters that invariably go behind the target. He does everything at 100 miles per hour and that creates plenty of errors.

It's no coincidence that Mbye's best games at half have been when Hodkinson was there. We need either Frawley or Cleeland with Mbye and see if we can slow down and play with some poise for a change.

Move Reynolds to backup hooker.
Moses has yet to show any sort of kicking game. In my opinion his kicking game should be better than Reynolds but it's not. That's a key area of our game plan we need to improve. Long kicks need to hit the turf and short kicks need to put defences into two minds about whether to rush up. Exhibit a is cooper Cronk

Mbyes best games next to hodko were because hodko can organise and Moses seems to be a few steps behind in a that dept

Funny you suggest Reynolds created plenty of errors. He had a few but remove him from the game and replace him with another mbye and we likely don't score at all. He's not the problem he needs a strong and organising half beside him who can control a game

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds still gets over-excited and just acts rather than thinks. Occasionally that works in clutch moments but not over a game or a season. Watching young Cleary play with maturity and composure compared to the far more experienced Reynolds running around like a chook with no head is just embarrassing.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem is the way we play footy, simple as that. Des' idea of new and improved attack is some hot potato sideways shit. The **** has lost the fucking plot, he rotated our left edge 3 times tonight with 3 different players ffs, who even does that?
Nah, Mbye and Grub are just not good enough tbh. I dont care what structures they are in, they arent good.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bring back Daniel Holdsworth and Arana Taumata

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Mybe is the bigger problem.
He just not a halfback.
Standing flat footed and throwing hospital passes as per last night is a real concern.
I know he good player.
Just not a halfback.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who can't see that Reynolds is our biggest problem is not watching closely enough.

Granted he tries his guts out. But that's not enough for first grade.

Why is he doing most of the kicking? He isn't a natural kicker! At least Mbye has a sweet kick on him. He needs to do 75% of the kicking. Reynolds tried a bomb in the first half and it went backwards. His passes are floaters that invariably go behind the target. He does everything at 100 miles per hour and that creates plenty of errors.

It's no coincidence that Mbye's best games at half have been when Hodkinson was there. We need either Frawley or Cleeland with Mbye and see if we can slow down and play with some poise for a change.

Move Reynolds to backup hooker.
Can't really agree with you at all. Mybe kicks are terrible no length or placement. I would prefer Reynolds as a player any day of the week. At least Reynolds is out there trying his guts out. Mybe chooses not to involve himself in most games. Rather someone make the odd mistake than not be involved at all.

DOUGYSTYLE29

New Pup
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds gives 110% till the games done and dusted! He has some mind explosions sometimes but he is the heart and soul of what every player in the white and blue should represent. Who cares who makes the national squads? Lets get back to winning games of football and give the boys their confidence back to step it up to a whole new level!!!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
meh, he is not used to touching the ball so many times in a game.

cant teach old dog new tricks.

reset the button on the entire team starting with the coach.
Yeah we need a total rebuild from the fraud of the coach down.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as hasler is there, these are our 2 halves! IF, we get brooks, Reynolds will probably make way for him and go to the bench. Until then, it's groundhog day every game!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye doesn't have a sweet kick on him.. Reynolds long and short kicking game are probably better than Mbye's.. how good was Mbyes grubber... in behind the defence..... only problem was that he didn't kick it into space. He doesnt kick long range kicks into space either
And what the fuck was that last kick at the end of first half? Don't say it was a field goal attempt, cos it was too shit for that

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't really agree with you at all. Mybe kicks are terrible no length or placement. I would prefer Reynolds as a player any day of the week. At least Reynolds is out there trying his guts out. Mybe chooses not to involve himself in most games. Rather someone make the odd mistake than not be involved at all.
Mbye has that 'please don't give me the ball' deer in headlights look. If Frawley had half amount as opportunities as Mbye we would win more games

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think either of them are really crash hot, both of them don't have a kicking game.

Reynolds doesn't know what he's doing with a play when he has the ball in his hand let alone what play the team is going to be doing in 3 play's time like a good half should.

Mbye goes missing way to much in game's, I still had hope for him but last night killed that. He's just not a halfback.

Status
Not open for further replies.