Round 1 v Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Big chance that Curtis Scott won't play due to poor trial form in defence, and Cheyse Blair will.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we can get through the beginning of the year and our difficult draw with a few good wins, we will be in a great position for the remainder of the year. Especially if we get through origin ok as i expect only klem and jacko to be picked.

BRING ON THE NRL YEAR!!!!!!!!

GO THE DOGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A win is a win but we must pump them if there that under strength otherwise nothing has changed and it will be another painful year..especially coming to finals time

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
FMD how anybody can think we are a certainty for any game is beyond belief. Based on our form towards the end of last year and our trials I'd say Storm are in this up to their eyeballs. Yes we scored a few tries against the storm in the trial but it was all off the back of that same old forwards throwing it out the back bullshit. Also, don't think for a second Bellamy wasn't at his scheming best during that trial. He has a history of outsmarting Des when it matters and we now have a false sense of security about our attacking ability. The fact that people also think belmore is some sort of factor in our favour is also laughable.

I honestly hope I'm wrong and being overly pessimistic but we have no flair or X factor and nothing seems to have changed. Our game plan seems to be built around making the finals and nothing more. Scraping into the 8 is used as some sort of badge of honour by management and that is why we no longer push the top teams.

Pavdogg

Waterboy
Reaction score
Too many overconfident ppl here. No game is a sure thing against a Bellamy coached side with Cronk, Munster and Bromwich. I would to just love to watch us play some attractive football in round 1 (win or lose). Support play, line speed, offloads when its on ...some kicking and attacking variety. This game will show us if we have made improvements or if its another year of Tolman hitup, surrender 5th tackle, boring Desball.
C'mon boyz bring the passion to Belmore and get us excited. Goodluck! I'll be cheerin for ya

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Win or lose "just wanna se attractive footy' fk that shit just fkn win by hook or by crook we don't get bonus points for pretty this ain't no fkn beauty pageant

Dogs by 16

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a bad feeling if Holland starts on the wing he is going to be absolutely owned by bombs and the pace of Addo Carr.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
FMD how anybody can think we are a certainty for any game is beyond belief. Based on our form towards the end of last year and our trials I'd say Storm are in this up to their eyeballs. Yes we scored a few tries against the storm in the trial but it was all off the back of that same old forwards throwing it out the back bullshit. Also, don't think for a second Bellamy wasn't at his scheming best during that trial. He has a history of outsmarting Des when it matters and we now have a false sense of security about our attacking ability. The fact that people also think belmore is some sort of factor in our favour is also laughable.

I honestly hope I'm wrong and being overly pessimistic but we have no flair or X factor and nothing seems to have changed. Our game plan seems to be built around making the finals and nothing more. Scraping into the 8 is used as some sort of badge of honour by management and that is why we no longer push the top teams.
Completely agree.

One point to note is that in the only game at Belmore where we appropriately treated it as our "spiritual home ground", it was against the Storm and we handed them a supersized beating.

We're all hoping that history repeats itself, but yeah, the Storm are like the Bulldogs of old i.e. Any team they field is highly competitive and they will never, ever, give up over 80mins of football.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I cant wait for this game, I fucking hate the offseason

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had a look at the Bulldogs dream draw this year. I had them outside my top 8 but reckon with such a cushy run, they might well make it now.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I noticed with the trial against them and Penrith,was there wasn't any surrendering/running on the 5th. I know its one of many deficiencies that might be eliminated, but it's something. Probably not enough or maybe there's more to change?! I doubt it though

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a week of rain. I don't know who this favours. Cronk superior kicking with smith.....lets hope our handling improved

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Looks like a week of rain. I don't know who this favours. Cronk superior kicking with smith.....lets hope our handling improved
Yup, those games are hard to watch. Alot of opposition teams are capable of piling on the pressure or changing the momentum with a deadly kick. Our boys are more likely to pile pressure on their team mates with a kick dead.

Every aspect of our kicking game has been well below par, right down to even the defending of kicks.

How good was it when Baraba was attacking the ball and teams were scared to kick the fucking thing to us lol.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Tonumaipea
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Bromwich
12. Kaufusi
13. Finucane

14. Glasby
15. Welch
16. Stimson
17. Asofa-Solomona

v

1. Hopoate
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Holland
5. Lee
6. Reynolds
7. Mbye
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. Faitala-Mariner
16. Elliott
17. Fualalo

Guess. If we lose Belmore should be buried under scorched earth.
This Storm back 5 is better than our back 5.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will be a good battle off the bench between kasiano and asofa-solomona hopefully they come on at the same time

Status
Not open for further replies.