Des Sucks, Dogs rubbish in 2017, yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
At the end of last season an opposition player described us as (and I quote) "the easiest team in the comp to defend against"
I felt ill. In fact, I feel ill now writing it.
It'd take a miracle to make the finals this season. Parra will be back, roosters will be back, Titans will improve, Tigers will improve and the warriors are a complete wildcard.
I reckon we'll finish around 12th.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We renewed our season tickets early on; guess even if we are not performing well it is hard to break a habit developed over 50 years of being a Dogs fan.I used to be so devastated when we lost a game and would literally sulk for days. Have learned you can't win them all and it still hurts to lose, but I get over it. As much as last year was a disappointment and that last games in the finals was abysmal I am willing to see just what the boys can do this year. I will admit that the only vision I saw of our trial game last weekend was on the Dogs website so I cannot in all conscience form an opinion as to how we will go in 2017. I am hopeful though that we will have a different take on things and that some of our younger brigade will have an opportunity to shine.

Heard some interesting comments on Talkin' sport this afternoon from a guy who follows many sports but has been a long time Rugby League tragic:

1. Footy has become for the most part a very boring game, engineered to having players perform like robots.

2. Fans are turning their backs on the game for several reasons and the enthusiasm they once had is waning.

3. Some coaches are more concerned with their career coaching percentages when it comes to winning games and will instil within their players the need to follow a strict game plan devoid of the use of creative tactics to actually play what is in front of them. Any deviation from the plan or poorly executed plans are not wanted nor tolerated.

4. Did not mention particular clubs, nor intimated that he was, but I think a lot here would join the dots and come up with their own opinion as to who they think he may have been talking about.

The guys on the panel seemed to agree on the points he made but said it is also happening in a lot of other sports too.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We renewed our season tickets early on; guess even if we are not performing well it is hard to break a habit developed over 50 years of being a Dogs fan.I used to be so devastated when we lost a game and would literally sulk for days. Have learned you can't win them all and it still hurts to lose, but I get over it. As much as last year was a disappointment and that last games in the finals was abysmal I am willing to see just what the boys can do this year. I will admit that the only vision I saw of our trial game last weekend was on the Dogs website so I cannot in all conscience form an opinion as to how we will go in 2017. I am hopeful though that we will have a different take on things and that some of our younger brigade will have an opportunity to shine.

Heard some interesting comments on Talkin' sport this afternoon from a guy who follows many sports but has been a long time Rugby League tragic:

1. Footy has become for the most part a very boring game, engineered to having players perform like robots.

2. Fans are turning their backs on the game for several reasons and the enthusiasm they once had is waning.

3. Some coaches are more concerned with their career coaching percentages when it comes to winning games and will instil within their players the need to follow a strict game plan devoid of the use of creative tactics to actually play what is in front of them. Any deviation from the plan or poorly executed plans are not wanted nor tolerated.

4. Did not mention particular clubs, nor intimated that he was, but I think a lot here would join the dots and come up with their own opinion as to who they think he may have been talking about.

The guys on the panel seemed to agree on the points he made but said it is also happening in a lot of other sports too.
I agree for me the 90s style of footy Was so good to watch

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The amount of negativity around here these days is quite honestly draining.

I don't know how many times I have to read "Fuck Des", or "Des Sucks", or other rubbish like that..

WE GET IT.. YOU DON'T LIKE DES.

Add in a loss in our first trial, and people are already writing us off.

All this .. from apparently Bulldogs fans!

But here's a few facts:
  1. Des is still our coach at the moment.
  2. NOTHING you whinge or moan about here will make a bees dick of difference to that situation. The entire 10000 memberbase could threaten to pull membership and the club won't listen.
  3. Lets just wait, see and evaluate.
  4. NOTHING we can do as fans will change the performances, or what happens on the field.
So how about we cut the whinging and moaning, cut the FUCK DES comments and actually start acting like supporters and support our team, regardless who the coach is, and regardless what the result is.

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bulldogs supporter.... are you?

Just saw this thread and wanted to say Fuck Des and anyone who supports his regime... lol

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you consider a 'decent year' is the question? If it is to make the 8 in a 16 team comp where in some years teams with a losing record finishes 8th, then I can't help you. That's not a decent year.
A decent year is top 4 and at least week 3 of the finals. A SUCCESSFUL year is winning the Comp. That is all. I do the math every year based on last years results, recruitment, injuries that affected outcomes the previous year etc. I have us down for 9th or 10th. So I'll take 9-12 in your example above. For the record, that's a SACK DES year.
I think you have set the bar too high.
A magnificent year is winning the premiership
A successful year is finishing top 4
A decent year is week 2 of the finals.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope...

I've asked but haven't been told exactly what it was surrounding, only suggested that it was in house (not coaching) staff costs and marketing costs that blew out.

Probably because the pie budget was cut and Cleal sacked :D.
Be assured the situation between Des and Raelene was,
If Des said jump she said how high:frowning:

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate, as mentioned on a previous thread, it has come to my attention that you are also 'not a true supporter'
As punishment, you are required to attend the next three Belmore games and watch us cop it fair up the date for 240 minutes. At the conclusion of this, you will be required to passionately argue that Des Hasler has never missed the finals and will 'come good'
come on!!! have you no humanity?

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Where there is smoke their is fire! How come every week Channel 9 shows a Canterbury player want to play so Des Keeps his job! There is a push from somewhere or a bit like when the board or CEO fully supports the Coach then they get sacked! If after 10 rounds the same rubbish there will be no questions the board will have to show some kahunas and get rid of Hasler no iffs no butts. Also no Fullback or Halfback for 5 years and just buys reserve grade after replacing 1st graders? Recruitment crap and game plan all rubbish. attitude all wrong you do not go in negative to hold what you have not too lose you have to go get the win! When will the fans learn the faster we move on the better Hasler is not God and time to go! "Big promise to fans about change in player strategy is to to recruit the members !" Proof is in the pudding let us see!

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't read the last 7 pages of this thread but isn't a forum meant to give opinions? And with the shit we've copped lately, I think "FUCK DES" is justified for now.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm all for say what u want...
However when a thread discussing Lithuanian handball is somehow related, tenuously at best to Des; its boring at best...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It feels a bit pointless trying to be positive on here at the moment. I came to that conclusion long ago. This thread kind of shows why many people with a positive outlook have stopped posting here. The club aren't jumping to satisfy the people whinging because the reality is that they can't do more than get the ball rolling on change before kick off anyway. In light of the fact the club aren't making some massive stupid gesture to silence the squeaky wheels, the haters choose to unleash their frustrations at fans who are actually able to take pride in the club instead. I'm not the CEO, Coach, a player or recruitment manager. I just watch the games and hope we find a way to be one of the dominant teams. I refuse to engage in arguments that are flogging a dead horse. So instead I'll just post when i have a point worth making. I'm getting towards the point where i'll just start adding people that are flogging their dead horse to my ignore list.

I'm just eager to see how our new look squad performs when the season kicks off. We may be world beaters this year, alternatively we could slide right down that scale and be the easy beats of the competition. Like every year I'll hope for the best and get annoyed when i think the team played below expectations. If people want to expect the worst, enjoy the half empty glass of water. Mines half full though and I'll hope for the best and operate under the assumption that life will go on even if we end the year with a wooden spoon. Personally i think we will do better than most expect, but I'm of the glass half full mindset.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm just eager to see how our new look squad performs when the season kicks off.
Lol.
What new look ?
Have you seen the team for the storm trial ? Same as last year except lee for Rona.
Nothing will ever change under des.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.
What new look ?
Have you seen the team for the storm trial ? Same as last year except lee for Rona.
Nothing will ever change under des.
Plus Browne and Williams gone. Browne did his job well without being a star. Depends on the impact and defensive abilities of his replacement whether i'll miss him. I hope we get more involvement from RFM or whoever primarily takes the position where Williams would jog around on game day. Some people can't be pleased regardless. Last year and the year before people were calling for the axing of Williams and Perrett for anyone. Now they're gone it's no issue we'll hear complaints about their replacements before we've seen what they're capable of.

I've got better things to do with my time at present than flogging dead horses. The season starts soon enough. I'm just going to skim over any post that starts repetitively and focus on getting excited that the football is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.