Greenberg vs Raelene

Who would you prefer? Who was a better fit for the club?

• Todd Greenberg

Votes: 24 100.0%
  • Raelene Castle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Neither, Greenberg bought Des in the first place and started the rot while Castle has stood back and let the clubs culture erode away and done nothing about it.
Both of em can get fucked tbh.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Greenberg - Rebuilt the club, and guided it through some tough times, but in the end used the club to step up in the NRL hierachy.
Castle - Runs the club like a charitable business. No idea about football.

We need a CEO back who understands the club, it's heritage, and what it stands for.

Not a CEO who just wants the public image of the club to be all "wow they do so much for charity", yet underperform on field.

I hoenstly doubt come contract renewals, that Castle will have a job. The female CEO idea has now kinda failed and lost it's appeal.. now time to get someone in who knows what they are doing.

@Eeee @Realist90 your thoughts??
I'm available... I understand the clubs culture, I have an affinity with the fans, currently in a similar role in another organisation... ur unfettered support would be appreciated... ;)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Greenburg hands down, in hindsight he's a c**** but we were in some dark times before he arrived. We could argue its darker now though... even though we are winning and placing in the finals now, at least there was light ahead back then... Now its only darkness

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greenburg hands down, in hindsight he's a c**** but we were in some dark times before he arrived. We could argue its darker now though... even though we are winning and placing in the finals now, at least there was light ahead back then... Now its only darkness
Def with u on this one.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And Des came over on the back of a premiership. Lets face it, at the time, we were all excited.

I don't get the comments about Greenburg furthering his career at the Dogs being some sort of bad thing.
I agree with you CroydonDog.

Prior to the Hasler thing Greenberg set about the task of turning the Bulldogs into a NRL role model which included the forging of a Charity Partnership with Camp Quality. With the "no bad boys" edict when signing a new player to contract may have stopped us getting a top gun or two our reputation stayed intact.

Then along came Des, a year earlier than we expected too. No bullshit about it, we were all stoked to the eyeballs. The best NRL coach there was... Hey hey, here comes the premiership. Well 2012 was pretty good, runner up in the grand final. It certainly wasn't Greenberg's fault when Des's wheels got wobbly and now have started to fall off.

Greenberg furthering his career using the Bulldogs to do it? So what, that's the game businessmen play isn't it?

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Both are brilliant salespeople, could sell ice to Eskimos

Both destroyed the club , got rid of the connection between fans and the club, got rid of the history , got rid of the honesty and integrity and replaced it with hard line business

Greenberg in particular is very good at pushing the blame onto others when it goes wrong and shining his head when it goes right

You need someone like Mortimer or Lynn Anderson up top and a business minded person advising , like panthers have done having Gould come back and bring the integrity and honesty back to the panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.