Bulldogs vs Panthers - Trial 1 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He has been so lucky in his couple of games in first grade not to really cost us. He isn't really that fast, has terrible hands and can't tackle.
Phillips won't get a look in (same with Holland you'd think) with the arrival of Kennar and Lee, and the upcoming talents of Montoya, Carr, Bergamin and Abbey.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Phillips won't get a look in (same with Holland you'd think) with the arrival of Kennar and Lee, and the upcoming talents of Montoya, Carr, Bergamin and Abbey.
Carr looks terrible lol. I like that burgerman though, he was the 20s fb yh?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'd think that but Des has a nasty habit of sticking with guys he's used before.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Kennar is going to be another Stanley/Loko. A player Des thinks he's going to work miracles with but someone who will end up injured more than on the field. But I agree there is some talent in the lower grades but some of them still need some work.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully we get flogged 40 zip.

Des gets the boot, Dymock takes over for the year before Pay comes in 2018.

We finish a respectable 6th this year under the difficult "circumstances", while we nab Finucane, Feldt, Ryan Matterson, Tedesco & Nathan Peats.

Lichaa, Hoppa, Fualalo, Holland, Stanley - not re-signed.

Tedesco
Bmoz
Jmoz
Lee
Feldt
Reynolds
Mbye
Klemmer
Peats
Tolman
Jackson
Matterson
Finucane

Kasiano
Graham
RFM
Woolford

How can you still have the morris brothers there.LOL

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I made the mistake of going out to the Dogs v Penrith trial game at (un)Fortress Belmore last night. That's about 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I sat down near the players area and saw the following Penrith players in attendance (but in civilian gear / did not play):
  1. Wallace
  2. Peachy
  3. Cleary
  4. Campbell- Gillard
  5. Tamou
  6. Moylan
  7. Cartwright
  8. Mansour (injured)
  9. Merrin
So that's a total of 9 regular Penrith players who did not play last night. There were probably more who didn't play but I just saw those 9 players.

In the first half the Bulldogs fielded a side that was not too far below the likely "full strength" team for the proper season missing only Eastwood, Josh Morris and Mbye (who has either forgotten how to tackle or never could tackle in the first place anyway).

Penrith were all over the Dogs in the fist half - both in play and on the scoreboard.

Penrith scored their first try inside 3 minutes.

If the above 9 players had played for Penrith, they would have put 50 points on the Dogs.

As it was, a reserve grade Penrith side towelled up the first grade Bulldogs side.

That is a sad reality my Kennel friends.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I made the mistake of going out to the Dogs v Penrith trial game at (un)Fortress Belmore last night. That's about 4 hours of my life I'll never get back.

I sat down near the players area and saw the following Penrith players in attendance (but in civilian gear / did not play):
  1. Wallace
  2. Peachy
  3. Cleary
  4. Campbell- Gillard
  5. Tamou
  6. Moylan
  7. Cartwright
  8. Mansour (injured)
  9. Merrin
So that's a total of 9 regular Penrith players who did not play last night. There were probably more who didn't play but I just saw those 9 players.

In the first half the Bulldogs fielded a side that was not too far below the likely "full strength" team for the proper season missing only Eastwood, Josh Morris and Mbye (who has either forgotten how to tackle or never could tackle in the first place anyway).

Penrith were all over the Dogs in the fist half - both in play and on the scoreboard.

If the above 9 players had played for Penrith, they would have put 50 points on the Dogs.

As it was, a reserve grade Penrith side towelled up the first grade Bulldogs side.

U make some bloody good points.. unfortunately.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Carr looks terrible lol. I like that burgerman though, he was the 20s fb yh?
Carr is not too bad. Simonsen and Bergamin both play fullback. Saw a lot of Bergs last season in NYC and he looks sharp. Reads play very well.

You'd think that but Des has a nasty habit of sticking with guys he's used before.
Once you ahve the Goat pictures, you don't ever give them up.

Rubbish..

Jmoz will be were Phillips was playing. Phillips let in 2 tries alone on sloppy defence.

One Panthers try came from a massive forward pass, another from a player that was called held. Plus Montoya had a try taken away for "incorrect grounding" which isn't even a rule!!.

You also neglect to mention we bombed 6 certain tries.

6 tries + 10 points we got + 1 BS call = 9 tries.
Panthers 20 points - 2 BS tries = 3 tries.

Penrith had 15 NRL players in their side, Dogs have 16. It was incredilbly level sides.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hello everyone

1. Wallace
  2. Peachy
  3. Cleary
  4. Campbell- Gillard
  5. Tamou
  6. Moylan
  7. Cartwright
  8. Mansour (injured)
  9. Merrin

Those 9 players would walk into our squad. Des really has created a mess with our roster all because he wanted to play certain way.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the game at the ground last night it seemed Hopoate was ordinary at fullback offered nothing - watching the highlights confirmed that his defence - ie he arrives too late to assist in cover defence - hasn't changed since last year, admittedly they were both created by terrible defence by Philips. Up until lasts nights game I did not think Abbey would ever be ready for first grade - but he was so much better than Hopoate and so much better than any game he, Abbey, played last year - has far more footy in him than Hopoate.
Hes clearly a centre, he just doesn't have the pace to threaten at fullback

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are dreaming if we think we are going to be competitive this season our kicking game will be the worst in the comp and our attack will definitely be aswell,des has really hammered this club

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Was there lastnight , refs were garbage , stifled any flow we had , abbey showed some good signs as did Woolford , as usual we were at our best when Kas came on , I thought we looked good when we could get a run on , there was more of a determination to move the ball quikly , we forced a couple of offloads that didn't need to be , overall I thought the game was a lot closer than the end score showed

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yeah you are right Mr I.

The Dogs looked great last night.

I didn't leave Belmore feeling really depressed.

Oh, and Penrith didn't score a try inside 3 minutes.

My mistake.

Actually, should I say my mistakes.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any idea what's going on with Brenko Lee??

Rumour has it we paid overs for him and he hasn't been sited in the trial or 9s

Also do we know why Elliott pulled out of all stars? Think the experience playing with the likes of Thurston would have helped him a lot.

Seems to bring real communication with fans regarding injuries in the off season which makes you wonder what are they hiding ??

Medical team didn't change , main coaching staff are the same , do we really think much has??

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Also do we know why Elliott pulled out of all stars? Think the experience playing with the likes of Thurston would have helped him a lot.

Seems to bring real communication with fans regarding injuries in the off season which makes you wonder what are they hiding ??

Medical team didn't change , main coaching staff are the same , do we really think much has??
Word done here in Canberra was that he showed up unfit and was in the fat club. Take that as you will.

Doesn't surprise me that we paid overs.

Elliott had a hammy injury from memory.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

So you want the Graham "I don't know" reply or do you prefer the Ennis "As Des said" reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.