Movie Discussion

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Because you look like Santa Clauses fucking wife :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
I think its even funnier because he gives her so much shit :tearsofjoy:
I like how he said he reattached his own arm! Lol! :-)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or have plans to see Assassins Creed? I know @Mumma does, but I'm after a view from a mutual source - someone who hasn't played the game.

Now what I'm about to say might sound weird, but another movie I want to watch it Beauty and The Beast. WTF, you say? Well, the thing is I saw the cartoon back when I was a lad. And on the weekend my niece came over and watched it, so I'm interested in seeing how the real-life adaptation of the cartoon looks like. I already saw the trailer, and it didn't look too bad I'll admit.

I think it'll kind of prepare me for what to expect when I see the Lion King real-life adaption when it's released.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or have plans to see Assassins Creed? I know @Mumma does, but I'm after a view from a mutual source - someone who hasn't played the game.
Yes I have, don't think its going to the cinema worth movie, it's DVD/Video watch at home movie. Wasn't really that impressed

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Now what I'm about to say might sound weird, but another movie I want to watch it Beauty and The Beast. WTF, you say? Well, the thing is I saw the cartoon back when I was a lad. And on the weekend my niece came over and watched it, so I'm interested in seeing how the real-life adaptation of the cartoon looks like. I already saw the trailer, and it didn't look too bad I'll admit.

I think it'll kind of prepare me for what to expect when I see the Lion King real-life adaption when it's released.
In case you missed my review:

Assassin's Creed - 5/10.
The story line was good but the concept and screen play was awful. Alot of unessassary parts to the story and it really dragged on before it got good.
As always there is more than likely going to be a sequel which im hoping now that all the SciFi crap is out of it that it will focus more on the core of the story being the creed itself.
And im anxiously wait for Beauty and the Beast. I just hope they don't destroy it like they did to stupid snow white.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did anyone see 'Inferno'? The third movie about Dan Brown's Robert Langdon.. I read the book..it was ok..just wondering how the movie was..

Wahesh

Reaction score
In case you missed my review:

And im anxiously wait for Beauty and the Beast. I just hope they don't destroy it like they did to stupid snow white.
Wow - I missed your review. I was actually contemplating seeing it, so I guess that's not going to happen anymore.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I stopped watching movies based on games after Street Fighter with Jean-Clause Van Damme ad our own Kylie Minogue.
For it's time (1994), Street Fighter was actually ok. The main problem with these movies is that they're basing their storyline on a game rather than having their own. At the same time though, if a game-based movie has a different storyline, it will cop plenty of criticism.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I stopped watching movies based on games after Street Fighter with Jean-Clause Van Damme ad our own Kylie Minogue.
I'll never forget that line by Van-Damme who played Guile..'Do you want to stay at home..or come fight with me?!'..pretty lame.. The sad thing about Street Fighter is it was Raul Julia's last major role in a movie..he deserved better than that.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said it before and I'll say it again. Postal. Excellent video game movie.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have just watched a trailer for Trainspotting 2.

I was originally so worried that after such an original masterpiece, a sequel set 20 years later would undo all of that.... but I think the trailer looks good, so now have some hope (yes, I know, a slick 2 minute trailer may not reflect the quality of a film, but still...)...

Choose life...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched "Split" tonight. It's an alright movie. Not great but alright. Worth watching just not at the movies.

The twist (it's an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie so of course there's a twist), the twist isn't really a twist. It is but it's not really related to the movie itself. Just a nice little homage that's semi-interesting.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched "Split" tonight. It's an alright movie. Not great but alright. Worth watching just not at the movies.

The twist (it's an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie so of course there's a twist), the twist isn't really a twist. It is but it's not really related to the movie itself. Just a nice little homage that's semi-interesting.
Its on my "maybe" list at the moment.

I just bought tickets to Trainspotting 2 premiere/preview in Brisbane (17/2). Introduced Mrs CD to the original this evening which she had never seen... she struggled through the toilet scene but then settled onto it...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched iBoy on Netflix. Not a great movie but it was alright.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree about that film, real dog and ironically I mentioned this very same thing to someone the other day . Then I sat down and watched the Resident evil series, lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Watched patriot day , sensational , very moving
Also watched allied , ok but I wouldn't pay to see it
I watched the preview for Patriot Day and cringed. It seems like it'd be very moving but so overly American

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I watched the preview for Patriot Day and cringed. It seems like it'd be very moving but so overly American
That was my thinking too.

It had "America. Fuck yeah!" Written all over it

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Did anyone see 'Inferno'? The third movie about Dan Brown's Robert Langdon.. I read the book..it was ok..just wondering how the movie was..
Does it continue bashing the Catholic Church or has he gone down a different track?

So in other words....will realist watch it or bag it? Lol

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it continue bashing the Catholic Church or has he gone down a different track?

So in other words....will realist watch it or bag it? Lol
women have his blood boiling atm , so i dont think he has time for it lol