2 broken noses - fights
Left arm, broken 3 times in 7 places - bikes
Both thumbs, most fingers broken - cricket
Hundreds of stitches - thru glass siding door + others
Left leg broken, all ligaments - touch footy
Rib cartilage - jumping a fence pissed
Severe whiplash - work
Dignity - Carlton draught

Looks more like a list for a **** that doesn't pay his debts if you didnt know reasons ;)

hey found your passport photo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i was racing a mate home one night i decided to scale a 10ft barbed wire fence i was up the top and leaped out like Superman, little did i know my shoe laces got caught up in the wire super man turned into a dive head first into a dirt road .i stood up straight away and collapsed.all i could do was lay there and spit out pieces of my face that had been skined up lol.
turned out i smashed my melon up a bit broke the nose and fucked a few muscles in neck and back .how it wasnt worse I'll never fucking know
Did you get the slow-mo action?

A long while back I was running with a mate chasing me. I tripped over one of those stupid shin high chain fences and went head first into gravel. But as I fell everything slowed down. I looked back at my feet and the chain and thought "well that was pretty stupid of me" and it felt like a full 30 seconds before I hit the ground hard.

Reaction score

A long while back I was running with a mate chasing me. I tripped over one of those stupid shin high chain fences and went head first into gravel. But as I fell everything slowed down. I looked back at my feet and the chain and thought "well that was pretty stupid of me" and it felt like a full 30 seconds before I hit the ground hard.
the slo-mo action is so visceral, such a weird feeling of time drawn out in a split second.
i've been slingshot over the handlebars too many times to count, slo-mo kicked in big time.
first time it happened all i could think of was i was gonna bite it hard.
the times after that i could think of how to react best

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well I was playing Rugby..I felt I wasn't doing enough work..I played break away..so I charged into the next maul..unfortunately I put my head on the inside of the maul rather than on the outside..fundamental mistake.. It meant my head had nowhere to go except straight into the oncoming wall of players..instinctively I ducked my head..as I did I got pushed from behind and lost my balance..I ended up falling on top of my head on the ground.. Just as I did that everybody else fell on top of me and around me..probably 10 or so..maybe more.. I could hear my neck bones grinding..I used all my strength to hold on..but one crack..than two cracks..than I felt the dislocation.. perhaps if not as many players fell on me I'd only have sustained a fracture of my neck.. which would mean a fusion..neck brace for a while..than my life back..but no rugby! Lol! Anyway my spinal cord was damaged and I lay gasping for breath on Chatswood Oval.. Just a note if I smoked or wasn't so fit..I wouldn't be hear to tell this tale..so get healthy!!

The helicopter came..flew me to the hell hole that was North Shore hospital..thankfully it's changed now for the better..where I learnt how to survive..ha..I reckon Bear Grylls would have his work cut in the old days there..especially when you are completely dependent on others.. After some pressure areas..but no sores..and a massive urine infection..I made it through..

Ironically in all the footy I have played..League/Union..been in collapsed scrums..tackles..on the bottom of a hundred mauls..never broke or dislocated any other bone.. Just the ones that counted..Go figure..
You win.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've broken every finger on both hands (goalkeeper), dislocated my ac, 2 inguinal hernias, more stitches than you can count and I've torn my PCL (left knee reconstruction) which has left me with grade 4 and 5 arthritis on ALL the weight bearing surfaces in the joint.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you can't get the real Morgan.. I do not a bad impersonation of him.. :-)
That might work really well actually. You can show up later in the film as a fellow hospital patient. It's always good when the narrator is present somewhere in t the movie.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That might work really well actually. You can show up later in the film as a fellow hospital patient. It's always good when the narrator is present somewhere in t the movie.
But I'm white..they'll work out I'm not him! Lol!

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
you went to a chemist?!

Even so What a stupid Dumbass chemist to even attempt to delay medical treatment . You were obviously haemorrhaging , yet he exacerbated it by getting someone to put pressure on your back.. And not calling an ambulance straight away..Fmd lucky you're alive.

No anaesthetic well that's emergency surgery for you.
Yeah I know, I didn't know any better and apparently neither did the chemist, and lol at ambulance, I think about there was 3 ambulances in the city at the time

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But I'm white..they'll work out I'm not him! Lol!
If we use enough make up we can make you look like a dinosaur if we want. Morgan Freeman should be a walk in the park.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we use enough make up we can make you look like a dinosaur if we want. Morgan Freeman should be a walk in the park.
I'm ready to be green screened!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I investigated that very thing.. Do you know it's the actual memory of the event that is in slow-mo..not the event itself.. Your brain actually plays a trick on you.. It's called Slow motion perception.. It's a lot of memories packed into a frightening event..so you think it's a lot of time..Very interesting..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I investigated that very thing.. Do you know it's the actual memory of the event that is in slow-mo..not the event itself.. Your brain actually plays a trick on you.. It's called Slow motion perception.. It's a lot of memories packed into a frightening event..so you think it's a lot of time..Very interesting..
That's pretty cool. It's a lot like deja vu. Was reading about that and someone said it very well. When asked why you feel like it happened to you before he said "'cause it did, just then"

Effectively it has to do with memory storage. If something happens and it's sent straight to long term storage rather than short term storage then half your brain tells you that it must have happened long ago while the other half is telling you that it just happened. The result is that you think you experienced the same event twice.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. It's a lot like deja vu. Was reading about that and someone said it very well. When asked why you feel like it happened to you before he said "'cause it did, just then"

Effectively it has to do with memory storage. If something happens and it's sent straight to long term storage rather than short term storage then half your brain tells you that it must have happened long ago while the other half is telling you that it just happened. The result is that you think you experienced the same event twice.
How freaky.. hey I think I said that before! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.