The injury thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohh wow I bet your dad was feeling pretty concerned to say the least . They don't realise their own strength. I've been on the recieving end of a 'demonstration for self defence and let me tell you size does count In that circumstance. !
Well after i screamed his ears off yeah he felt bad and gave me whatever i wanted for a good month. Took me shopping for clothes, took me to see the lion king on stage...so if anyone wants their dads to feel bad and spoil them get him to break a bone :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
i trod on a bindi yesterday it hurt.but i soldiered on
I read that as "I stood on a bindi but I soldered on"

I was thinking "You soldered the wound closed? That's some Rambo shit right there"

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You're amazing . I wish I had a millilitre of your toughness and attitude.

How horrific how awful , I don't think I'd ever stop complaining if that happened to me.
Thanks Wolfy..but honestly not amazing..just the way it is..no choice.. :-)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You said willying so many times i started imagining you saying it in an accent :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Okay so I've also torn ankle ligaments in my left ankle by falling out of bed but that's not that bad.

In my lifetime I've broken the same collar bone twice.

First time i was 4 years old jumping on my parents bed falling off and hitting the dressing table. I remember it being painful hut nothing like when it happened the second time.

I was 15 years old and this time my cousins, my sister and i were playing tackle footy. Now of course my dad and uncle had to join. At the time dad was around 145kgs. He tackled me onto the gutter and as id hit the gutter the back of my collar bone hit the ground and popped out of place, what broke it is when i screamed in agony and dad squeezed it trying saying "its not broken" nek minute i hear a loud crack and my deadly screama can be heard throughout the whole suburb. It maybe a small bone but its fucking painful as hell!! Id rather be stabbed in the eye with a fork.

ouch! , collar bones are so easy to crack, the weakest of bones in the body.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I was playing Rugby..I felt I wasn't doing enough work..I played break away..so I charged into the next maul..unfortunately I put my head on the inside of the maul rather than on the outside..fundamental mistake.. It meant my head had nowhere to go except straight into the oncoming wall of players..instinctively I ducked my head..as I did I got pushed from behind and lost my balance..I ended up falling on top of my head on the ground.. Just as I did that everybody else fell on top of me and around me..probably 10 or so..maybe more.. I could hear my neck bones grinding..I used all my strength to hold on..but one crack..than two cracks..than I felt the dislocation.. perhaps if not as many players fell on me I'd only have sustained a fracture of my neck.. which would mean a fusion..neck brace for a while..than my life back..but no rugby! Lol! Anyway my spinal cord was damaged and I lay gasping for breath on Chatswood Oval.. Just a note if I smoked or wasn't so fit..I wouldn't be hear to tell this tale..so get healthy!!

The helicopter came..flew me to the hell hole that was North Shore hospital..thankfully it's changed now for the better..where I learnt how to survive..ha..I reckon Bear Grylls would have his work cut in the old days there..especially when you are completely dependent on others.. After some pressure areas..but no sores..and a massive urine infection..I made it through..

Ironically in all the footy I have played..League/Union..been in collapsed scrums..tackles..on the bottom of a hundred mauls..never broke or dislocated any other bone.. Just the ones that counted..Go figure..

you are tough man, more power to you.

no injury can be as worst as yours.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It took me a few reads to realise when you said "Willy" you meant "Wheelie"

I was thinking "What the hell is a bike willy? And wouldn't it get caught in the spokes?"

That's pretty bad. I had a couple of accidents on bikes. Nothing really serious. Crashed into a van at full speed. Totalled the bike but didn't injure me at all. Stacked on gravel and ripped a large amount of skin off. Most accidents happened to friends though.

There was a hill near my place that we would ride down. At the end is a cliff that drops about 3 stories but there's a house about 1m from the cliff. You'd brake and turn to stop from going over the edge. I convinced my girlfriend at the time to give it a try (we were about 11). She started going down the hill then froze. She didn't know what to do and started screaming. Eventually she went flying off the cliff and hit the wall of the house at full speed then dropped 3 stories onto concrete. The owners of the house came running out screaming. She says "That was pretty fun" and gets up and walks it off. The bike was totalled though.

Had another mate who was riding a bike put didn't secure the seat properly. He stood up to go over a jump and didn't realise that the seat fell off. He sat back down and, long story short. We now call him "One Nut"

Potato Potatoh.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Wolfy..but honestly not amazing..just the way it is..no choice.. :grinning:
See its that attitude that I like!!!
You're mistaken if you think people have this attitude , most people just won't move forward they'll bitch about everything, they'll want a sorry , compensation and have a chip on their shoulder and try to make everyone else feel miserable .

I know you know that but Im just Saying

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but i trod on a bindi ya **** lol.
but in all seriousness you are a fucking trooper and how you fight on is an inspiration to all of us. nothing but love for you brother
( ungay of course )
Love back at ya..no homo.. lol!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well I was playing Rugby..I felt I wasn't doing enough work..I played break away..so I charged into the next maul..unfortunately I put my head on the inside of the maul rather than on the outside..fundamental mistake.. It meant my head had nowhere to go except straight into the oncoming wall of players..instinctively I ducked my head..as I did I got pushed from behind and lost my balance..I ended up falling on top of my head on the ground.. Just as I did that everybody else fell on top of me and around me..probably 10 or so..maybe more.. I could hear my neck bones grinding..I used all my strength to hold on..but one crack..than two cracks..than I felt the dislocation.. perhaps if not as many players fell on me I'd only have sustained a fracture of my neck.. which would mean a fusion..neck brace for a while..than my life back..but no rugby! Lol! Anyway my spinal cord was damaged and I lay gasping for breath on Chatswood Oval.. Just a note if I smoked or wasn't so fit..I wouldn't be hear to tell this tale..so get healthy!!

The helicopter came..flew me to the hell hole that was North Shore hospital..thankfully it's changed now for the better..where I learnt how to survive..ha..I reckon Bear Grylls would have his work cut in the old days there..especially when you are completely dependent on others.. After some pressure areas..but no sores..and a massive urine infection..I made it through..

Ironically in all the footy I have played..League/Union..been in collapsed scrums..tackles..on the bottom of a hundred mauls..never broke or dislocated any other bone.. Just the ones that counted..Go figure..
Worst I got was a dislocated shoulder in a ruck. Had a scrum where a prop on the blind side kept punching me. When we packed the next scrum I got in tight, dropped my head down then came back up as hard as possible. Broke the guy's nose.

I tell ya though, you're as tough as nails to get through that and still have the strength to deal with us.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
See its that attitude that I like!!!
You're mistaken if you think people have this attitude , most people just won't move forward they'll bitch about everything, they'll want a sorry , compensation and have a chip on their shoulder and try to make everyone else feel miserable .

I know you know that but Im just Saying
Yes Wolfy..but some people get abandoned by the people they love..it's extremely sad..so sometimes they get cranky and resentful..it's only natural:-)

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Worst I got was a dislocated shoulder in a ruck. Had a scrum where a prop on the blind side kept punching me. When we packed the next scrum I got in tight, dropped my head down then came back up as hard as possible. Broke the guy's nose.

I tell ya though, you're as tough as nails to get through that and still have the strength to deal with us.
Nicely done! Lol..
No im a pussy!! Lol..thanks but you have no choice..I can't even kill my self if I wanted too! Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes Wolfy..but some people get abandoned by the people they love..it's extremely sad..so sometimes they get cranky and resentful..it's only natural:grinning:
Yes good point , never saw it that way before. I guess I shouldn't talk because I'm not in that position. I can imagine and compare it to my own experiences but Its not the same. Ill take your word for it .. Still think you're amazing though

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
you are tough man, more power to you.

no injury can be as worst as yours.
Thanks bro but you know there are worse than spinal injuries..brain damage..or death.. Oh brain damage must be so hard..especially for loved ones..the person they knew is gone :-(

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes good point , never saw it that way before. I guess I shouldn't talk because I'm not in that position. I can imagine and compare it to my own experiences but Its not the same. Ill take your word for it .. Still think you're amazing though
Not as amazing as Ennis's last two seasons for the Sharks!! :-)

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nicely done! Lol..
No im a pussy!! Lol..thanks but you have no choice..I can't even kill my self if I wanted too! Lol
i was racing a mate home one night i decided to scale a 10ft barbed wire fence i was up the top and leaped out like Superman, little did i know my shoe laces got caught up in the wire super man turned into a dive head first into a dirt road .i stood up straight away and collapsed.all i could do was lay there and spit out pieces of my face that had been skined up lol.
turned out i smashed my melon up a bit broke the nose and fucked a few muscles in neck and back .how it wasnt worse I'll never fucking know

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bro but you know there are worse than spinal injuries..brain damage..or death.. Oh brain damage must be so hard..especially for loved ones..the person they knew is gone :-(

i know, one my family friends had a baby who got brain damaged during birth as his neck got tangeled by umbilical cord. the kid had slight brain damage when he came out but he kept getting worst as he grew up, so the kid was getting heavier, bigger , less mobile and more harder to communicate and understand. He lived upto 28 years of age and at the end he was getting fed through belly button on a wheel chair.

Salute to the parents who spent their entire lives looking after this kid.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i know, one my family friends had a baby who got brain damaged during birth as his neck got tangeled by umbilical cord. the kid had slight brain damage when he came out but he kept getting worst as he grew up, so the kid was getting heavier, bigger , less mobile and more harder to communicate and understand. He lived upto 28 years of age and at the end he was getting fed through belly button on a wheel chair.

Salute to the parents who spent their entire lives looking after this kid.
Damn right..they are the true heroes in our society..

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i was racing a mate home one night i decided to scale a 10ft barbed wire fence i was up the top and leaped out like Superman, little did i know my shoe laces got caught up in the wire super man turned into a dive head first into a dirt road .i stood up straight away and collapsed.all i could do was lay there and spit out pieces of my face that had been skined up lol.
turned out i smashed my melon up a bit broke the nose and fucked a few muscles in neck and back .how it wasnt worse I'll never fucking know
Geeze man..whoa..thank f&$K you didn't get worse injuries..sheesh..

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
2 broken noses - fights
Left arm, broken 3 times in 7 places - bikes
Both thumbs, most fingers broken - cricket
Hundreds of stitches - thru glass siding door + others
Left leg broken, all ligaments - touch footy
Rib cartilage - jumping a fence pissed
Severe whiplash - work
Dignity - Carlton draught

Looks more like a list for a **** that doesn't pay his debts if you didnt know reasons ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.