Buying a Television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
fuck sound on tvs they are all shit. im just going by George lucas saying 50% of movie is sound .so can have the biggest tv in the world but of you dont have good sound your only getting half the deal.
whats your main use for it ie man cave games family room ect ?
just moved and flatmate just stays in his foom, use it for everything: games, sport, movies etc

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only issue to remember about the LG (not sure on the others if its same issue), but that if you are sitting with bright light directly behind you (e.g a door/window), and its close to behind you, you'll get reflections off the LG panel.

If it's not an issue, go the 55" LG .. there's really no contest there. 200Hz TRUE, 6 step upscaling, Netflix/Stan/FreeviewPlus via the simply brilliant WebOS.

Add in that the LG 4K IPS panels look absolutely stunning.

I've got the non HDR 4K model and it's brilliant for gaming on.

On either of those TVs, its post christmas so retailers will be wanting to do a deal. I'd try and low ball them.. See if you can get it for $1400 with 3 year warranty thrown in, or $1300 with standard warranty. It should be doable if they want your business and other places (e.g Harveys) have the TV at a similar price.

Else if Harveys have it, go in there and say they can have the sale if they do it for $1300 neat.

I love the more direct approach of dealing with sales people in such stores. They get one chance and then I'm out.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only issue to remember about the LG (not sure on the others if its same issue), but that if you are sitting with bright light directly behind you (e.g a door/window), and its close to behind you, you'll get reflections off the LG panel.

If it's not an issue, go the 55" LG .. there's really no contest there. 200Hz TRUE, 6 step upscaling, Netflix/Stan/FreeviewPlus via the simply brilliant WebOS.

Add in that the LG 4K IPS panels look absolutely stunning.

I've got the non HDR 4K model and it's brilliant for gaming on.

On either of those TVs, its post christmas so retailers will be wanting to do a deal. I'd try and low ball them.. See if you can get it for $1400 with 3 year warranty thrown in, or $1300 with standard warranty. It should be doable if they want your business and other places (e.g Harveys) have the TV at a similar price.

Else if Harveys have it, go in there and say they can have the sale if they do it for $1300 neat.

I love the more direct approach of dealing with sales people in such stores. They get one chance and then I'm out.
even better when you got a massive wad of notes in your hand

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hmm may have to rob you when you got a truck load lol. although not the type of shit you could palm off at your local pub
You'll need a technician to put the shit together, but yeah has crossed my mind hahah

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
even better when you got a massive wad of notes in your hand
Well you could try it with a massive wad of something else in your hands, however I think the only deal you'll get there is the judge giving you a suspended sentence for indecent exposure, as well as a ban from the store for life.

Still... could be worth a shot (pun intended).

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well you could try it with a massive wad of something else in your hands, however I think the only deal you'll get there is the judge giving you a suspended sentence for indecent exposure, as well as a ban from the store for life.

Still... could be worth a shot (pun intended).
unless you do it in a sperm bank

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fuck sound on tvs they are all shit. im just going by George lucas saying 50% of movie is sound .so can have the biggest tv in the world but of you dont have good sound your only getting half the deal.

once went to Bose show room they were displaying their TV.

they took us into the room, we had the new Bose TV and around it we had surround sound speakers and woofer, each of them covered with pieces of cloth.

they played the demo and sound was out of this world as expected.

At the end they pulled the cloths off the speakers and woofer and guess what? there were no speakers and woofer.

all sound was coming from the Bose TV.

every one was just fucken blown away till they were told the price of that TV. lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Exactly this.
Whatever your budget on a tv, split it and get the best tv and best sound system you can for the money.
I have wharfedale diamond X's, and can honestly say it'd be just as immersive an experience with a CRT tv.
Sound is everything.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

they took us into the room, we had the new Bose TV and around it we had surround sound speakers and woofer, each of them covered with pieces of cloth.

At the end they pulled the cloths off the speakers and woofer and guess what? there were no speakers and woofer.

every one was just fucken blown away till they were told the price of that TV. lol
hahaha yeah for what bose is its expensive. i have a set of outdoor bose speakers didn't pay for them they are good but better qaulity about for a lot less $$

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Bose speakers are unreal, but you do need a VERY good sub, due to the lack of a midbass.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly this.
Whatever your budget on a tv, split it and get the best tv and best sound system you can for the money.
I have wharfedale diamond X's, and can honestly say it'd be just as immersive an experience with a CRT tv.
Sound is everything.
yeah im running klipsch quintet with 2 10inch subs and its fucking slick will be even better when i upgrade the center speaker and add 2 floor standing.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah im running klipsch quintet with 2 10inch subs and its fucking slick will be even better when i upgrade the center speaker and add 2 floor standing.
I got these.....in black.
IMG_2121.JPG

Fkn unreal !
I don't think the neighbors like them though.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
one thing which i will never ever buy second hand is ....electronics
Bought two with shop warranty through ebay, no drama fully good.

Status
Not open for further replies.