Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Quick questions guys, should I take out my battery if I have it plugged into mains power?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Quick questions guys, should I take out my battery if I have it plugged into mains power?
Nah. It won't have any bad effect on your laptop but there's no reason to do it. Modern Laptops use Lithium Ion batteries that hold no memory. That basically means that charging often will have no effect on it. Won't do anything for saving power either.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's actually better to leave it in...less issues with dust on the contacts :grinning:...

One tip though is to always have something (piece of paper/cloth) between the screen and keyboards when closed.

Some laptops will mark the screen when closed without anything in the way.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's actually better to leave it in...less issues with dust on the contacts :grinning:...

One tip though is to always have something (piece of paper/cloth) between the screen and keyboards when closed.

I've seen that. It's worse on the laptops with the glossy screens.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Really? that's pretty fucking stupid design tbh

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score

Very good point!

Luckily most of the modern laptops have noticed the design flaw and are quite good now.
One thing i would recommend for anyone is a laptop stand with built in fan. Especially if your home doesn't have AC in a particular area (I'm poor, leave me alone) - It really helps with the laptops lifespan as well as performance

Status
Not open for further replies.