Dale Finucane

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finucane was crap under des. Seemed like he had a lot of handling errors and the penalty in him. Though would like to see the stats.

Looks good at the storm.
Melbourne tried to coach it out of him but still can't. His still the same dale.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mind you finucane was the bloke that missed the tackle of fahita in the GF. Won't hold it against because fathita is tough to tackle but yeah just sayin

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nice way to re-write history, Finucane was butter fingers back then and Eastwood was head and shoulders better than him, back then.
No, just no. Feastwood was in no way better than Finucane back then, i clearly remember how frustrated i was when the club stupidly released him while holding onto bludgers like Feastwood.

I think it's cute how you want to call Finucane butter fingers considering Eastwood made more errors than him back in Finucane's final season at the club in 2014. Eastwood average was at .4 compared to Finucane's .3. The number may be small but it calls you out on your garbage claim.

A quick look at some other stats refresh my memory on how much work Finucane got through for us while Eastwood would sit back and bludge so he could stay fresh and look good when he took his next run every couple of sets.

Finucane played an average of 36.1 minutes a game while Eastwood played 45.5 minutes. Yet Finucane made more metres (108.3 - 90.3), made more tackles (24.8 - 22.6) and missed less tackles (1.3 - 1.5) per game. Eastwood had the better looking attacking stats, but reallyy that should be expected considering how little work he done back then and still does today.

Finucane was fine back then and would of been great for us today (depending on desball bs). It would mean we would actually have a REAL LOCK and not have to play props like Klemmer, Kasiano and Eastwood there. A forward pack built around Klemmer, Jackson and Finucane would have been amazing for us and much more suited to todays game, instead we made a mess of ut and paid big $$$ for players like Eastwood and Graham.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nice way to re-write history, Finucane was butter fingers back then and Eastwood was head and shoulders better than him, back then.
Eastwood was a gun in 2009 and the years around then.. havent seen much consistency or impact from him for many years

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Finucane was crap under des. Seemed like he had a lot of handling errors and the penalty in him. Though would like to see the stats.

Looks good at the storm.
Tim Browne took that role only diff is Dale cut ***** in half

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tim Browne took that role only diff is Dale cut ***** in half
Mate don't say that name around here anymore... forgot about him... he's shite... Was it only 2 years ago when Taupau couldn't break into our 17? lol

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People are free to express their opinions, But on this site opinions of players changes like the wind, one day we praise a player like a god, then we treat him like a public enemy the next.
Patience and respect are a must for a better opinion !

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dale gave away too many penalties and dropped the ball consistently so him leaving was a good thing for everyone at the time

N

Natboy

I can't believe the hate for Eastwood.
He's one of our best players and it's obvious how much we miss him when he's out.
Marley, you seem to hate fat people so much are you one of the trainers on the biggest loser or something?

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
IMO, when Dale reaches his prime at about 28 years of age I see him being one of the premier middle forwards in the game. Wow, imagine that. Us having a premier middle forward that makes many tackles & doesn't miss any!!!! How do we get one of them??? Hmmmmmm, didn't that guy used to play for us????? And they wonder why we are so angry !!!!!!! This is the definition Of "STUPID" or "STOOPID" or "STUPIDO" or however else you want to say or spell it. Fkn DUM
Agreed. He's Fast, fit, agile and plays with intensity. The complete opposite to our current pack that consistently gets dominated big game after big game!!! If only he had a pass on him that creates no advantage what so ever, maybe then des would of seen his value. Hate this squad like no other bulldogs team in history!!!

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would love to say "give him whatever he wants ! Bring him back" but in all honesty, he's not what we need ATM.
We need a half who can control that game and our middle forwards to play like middle forwards.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
This is a sore point of mine, should never have gone! I rated him above Jackson in the early days although Jackson is far above Finucane now. That being said I think Finucane can easily step up given the right conditions. Should have been offered She-rex's minutes and he would still be here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't believe the hate for Eastwood.
He's one of our best players and it's obvious how much we miss him when he's out.
Marley, you seem to hate fat people so much are you one of the trainers on the biggest loser or something?
"One of our best players" hahaha. More like one of our worst. This isn't 2009 anymore, can't believe the club was dumb enough to piss money away by re-signing him on a stupid contract.

If i was to rank our highest earning forwards he would deadset be last if it wasn't for Williams, even then it is pretty close. Klemmer, Jackson, Kas, Graham, Tolman, Eastwood, Williams.

Doubt any other clubs fans would even want Eastwood..only people that seem to rate him are members of his fan club and they continue to talk about how underrated hey think he is.

@Kaz @Serpent Would you want Eastwood near your clubs???

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No, just no. Feastwood was in no way better than Finucane back then, i clearly remember how frustrated i was when the club stupidly released him while holding onto bludgers like Feastwood.

I think it's cute how you want to call Finucane butter fingers considering Eastwood made more errors than him back in Finucane's final season at the club in 2014. Eastwood average was at .4 compared to Finucane's .3. The number may be small but it calls you out on your garbage claim.

A quick look at some other stats refresh my memory on how much work Finucane got through for us while Eastwood would sit back and bludge so he could stay fresh and look good when he took his next run every couple of sets.

Finucane played an average of 36.1 minutes a game while Eastwood played 45.5 minutes. Yet Finucane made more metres (108.3 - 90.3), made more tackles (24.8 - 22.6) and missed less tackles (1.3 - 1.5) per game. Eastwood had the better looking attacking stats, but reallyy that should be expected considering how little work he done back then and still does today.

Finucane was fine back then and would of been great for us today (depending on desball bs). It would mean we would actually have a REAL LOCK and not have to play props like Klemmer, Kasiano and Eastwood there. A forward pack built around Klemmer, Jackson and Finucane would have been amazing for us and much more suited to todays game, instead we made a mess of ut and paid big $$$ for players like Eastwood and Graham.
yep this should still be our starting forwards... tolman, rex, browne, perrett, eastwood all should have been let go before any of these blokes were at odds of walking... you can't even say in hindsight... its way to fucking obvious that these blokes are better and would have made our squad much more stable...
8. Klemmer
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Finucane

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
"One of our best players" hahaha. More like one of our worst. This isn't 2009 anymore, can't believe the club was dumb enough to piss money away by re-signing him on a stupid contract.

If i was to rank our highest earning forwards he would deadset be last if it wasn't for Williams, even then it is pretty close. Klemmer, Jackson, Kas, Graham, Tolman, Eastwood, Williams.

Doubt any other clubs fans would even want Eastwood..only people that seem to rate him are members of his fan club and they continue to talk about how underrated hey think he is.

@Kaz @Serpent Would you want Eastwood near your clubs???
Tigers, Knights, Dragons would be the only ones queuing up lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yep this should still be our starting forwards... tolman, rex, browne, perrett, eastwood all should have been let go before any of these blokes were at odds of walking... you can't even say in hindsight... its way to fucking obvious that these blokes are better and would have made our squad much more stable...
8. Klemmer
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Pritchard
13. Finucane
Id be okay with that if Graham was on a shitload less than he is now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
thats because the club doesnt listen to people like you that have never set forward of on a rugby league field, niff nuff
Sorry Mr park footballer

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The problem with Finucane when he played with us is that he had butter fingers at times and would leak allot of penalties, he's still better then the majority of our forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.