Run on song

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we play in 2017 under Des like we did the last few games of 2016 Des ball then the song after the game would be " We always look on the bright side of life" as long as Raelene makes the club money and Des gets his contract renewed to please the disappointed fans we will just accept the crap they dish out! We should modernise the Canterbury Victory song Caterbury is the greatest with a more modern twist and a modern beat / catchy words for the supporter etc. Anyway I do not see anything changing in 2017.

After Tina Turner "Simply the Best"

Guys does anyone know the name of the tune when players use to run out in the 1990's (94-99) semi finals that use to give me chills up my spine" It went like
Dun ne ne
Dun ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne
Dune ne ne ne ne ne ne
But but de de but but ?

Not sure if this gives any clues.
Ps It is not the state of origin song that Channel 9 use to play in mid 2000's onwards it is before that mid to late 1990's semi finals all big games the players use to run out to all teams in semis etc

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
The Ride of the Valkyries?

But seriously, they need to copy the NFL/NHL/MLB/NBA and create videos and music to go with those videos before the run out/kick off, and show them on the big screen. Doesn't need to be the same song every time.

Have been to a couple of NHL games and the stuff they show on the big screen pumps everyone up. Except maybe opposition supporters.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thanks 4 that. Not sure as have played it unless the part i am after occurs in the middle of this version. It sounds like horns or trumpets playing ?

NorthernDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Eye of the Tiger....then they remembered that team from balmain...bastards, good tune.

How about Bat Out of Hell..Great rev up song.
Ot Hells Bells by the AC/DC...Literally just the Bells going Bonggggggg...Bonggggg as they ran on

Reaction score
If we play in 2017 under Des like we did the last few games of 2016 Des ball then the song after the game would be " We always look on the bright side of life" as long as Raelene makes the club money and Des gets his contract renewed to please the disappointed fans we will just accept the crap they dish out! We should modernise the Canterbury Victory song Caterbury is the greatest with a more modern twist and a modern beat / catchy words for the supporter etc. Anyway I do not see anything changing in 2017.

After Tina Turner "Simply the Best"

Guys does anyone know the name of the tune when players use to run out in the 1990's (94-99) semi finals that use to give me chills up my spine" It went like
Dun ne ne
Dun ne ne ne ne ne ne ne ne
Dune ne ne ne ne ne ne
But but de de but but ?

Not sure if this gives any clues.
Ps It is not the state of origin song that Channel 9 use to play in mid 2000's onwards it is before that mid to late 1990's semi finals all big games the players use to run out to all teams in semis etc
yeah i know the tune you mean, it was off a movie soundtrack 9 used, i remember reading about it once, it was a pretty unremarkable movie, but good tune for setting the stage

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They should run out to Spice Girls, Dixie Chicks or George Michael. That would suit them just fine at the moment

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These words: Otzen-Moss-Champion
We’ve Won The Wooden Spoon

[Eels Club Song of the last few years :grinning:]

we’ve won the wooden spoon
we’ve got the good old wooden spoon
wooden spoon we’ve lined it up since June
it’s the wooden spoon that we’ll win soon

fans used to jeer us
they used to fear us