Is there a silver lining to us not having signed any big stars??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We all know our defense is great, it's our attack that is horrible.
Hasler must change attacking tactics and have faith in our young players.
I'm not sure about our defence being great... The whole up and hold thing saw teams consistently making 60/70 metres each set... And there was a serious volume of soft tries to opposition forwards... Fitness must be an absolute priority this year...

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to see some people being optimistic about next season, unfortunately there's something called reality, and the reality is we're screwed next season and that's putting it nicely!

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only silver lining here is that two negatives make a positive. eg: Do not, not sack Hasler.

Only in the Bulldogs case it is a bit different. The first negative is having Des Hasler as coach. The second negative is that Hasler does his best to ruin beyond repair the flair and talent of any good player the Bulldogs have on their roster. eg: Michael Ennis and Damien Cook.

So... If we don't buy the talent, we've nothing there for Hasler to fuck up.:grinning:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's good to see some people being optimistic about next season, unfortunately there's something called reality, and the reality is we're screwed next season and that's putting it nicely!
Cqnt wait to see you eat these words. I hope.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The dogs came 7th in the ISC and 11th in the Holden cup. I don't think there's too much to get excited about in our lower grades.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dogs came 7th in the ISC and 11th in the Holden cup. I don't think there's too much to get excited about in our lower grades.
The lower grade teams as a whole may not have performed so well, but that doesnt mean individual players of either team did not have good years on a personal level.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are all supporters of this awesome football club. If there are just ifs and maybe's, a 50/50 chance, then lets go with the glass half full option. (Wow, too many clichés lol)
Too many people are baggin this great club right now, lets try and see some good in what were doing.
Ok.
Wooooooohooooo ! We won half of our games.
Wooooooohooooo ! We're average.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw more passion in Des when his job was potentially on the line in THAT board meeting than I saw all football season.

That says it all for me.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can just see it now...... The Dogs win the 2017 premiership.... Des says Ta Ta the day after the Grand Final win lol .... then signs a 3 year deal with the Dragons. Nasty!! (Thats what I would do!!) :-)

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw more passion in Des when his job was potentially on the line in THAT board meeting than I saw all football season.

That says it all for me.
Were you at the meeting to observe Des' passion were you? .....interesting? tell us more Mr insider!!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you at the meeting to observe Des' passion were you? .....interesting? tell us more Mr insider!!
I meant the footage of him arriving and leaving at speed...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can just see it now...... The Dogs win the 2017 premiership.... Des says Ta Ta the day after the Grand Final win lol .... then signs a 3 year deal with the Dragons. Nasty!! (Thats what I would do!!) :grinning:
That would be a fantastic result.
A premiership, and hasler gone ?
I'd go to the toilet and touch myself.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Silver lining is he doesn't get to ruin more players careers

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha... me to! I wanted to write that at the end of my comments but then I thought it would look contradicting! Lol....
We will do allright next year, im sure of it. Just because you sign 5 new players doesnt mean your team will gell and play better football. Continuity will be a plus for is next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.