Rae Rae - What you probably didn't know/Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Raelene Castle.. our CEO. But have we all been spun a web of lies? Read on and decide for yourself.
  • She is NOT the first female CEO - Donna Burke served as Cronulla chief executive in 1988 and 1989.
  • She is 45 years old.
  • She is a New Zealand lawn bowls champion.
  • She has a long relationship with rugby league.
  • Her Castle's father Bruce captained the New Zealand rugby league team in 1967.
  • She was born and raised in Wagga Wagga.
  • Her father coached Steve Mortimer when he was a junior.
"Nearly 50 per cent of the fan base is female now," Castle said.
"Since her appointment, female membership has gone to 38 per cent of new members. Two years ago, it was 23 per cent."

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't they say, she was the NRL's first female CEO. (which is correct)

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure it matters all that much. I've seen arguments against her being the Bulldogs CEO here based on her being a woman, and I've seen arguments against it based on the person arguing seemingly not understanding what a CEO actually does, I've seen arguments against it based on made up facts, whats few and far between have been actual valid arguments (there have been some, just not that many).

No real point beating your head against this wall...... as reported, if we are revising our plan, and we may as well unless the board is thinking we're now on the verge of winning back to back gf's and meeting that goal, that would be a measurable failure. I imagine at the time IMO and in retrospect, the handling of bad Friday is another, they will be taken into account, the baseless arguments probably won't, and those real argument would need to out weight the good which at this point they probably don't.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They did an interview with her last year or maybe 2014 on the bulldogs website and she mentioned all of those things except for the cronulla ceo.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Have a think about Steve Mortimers recent media comments, and how she got job in first place.

"Jobs for the boys".

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Raelene Castle.. our CEO. But have we all been spun a web of lies? Read on and decide for yourself.
  • She is NOT the first female CEO - Donna Burke served as Cronulla chief executive in 1988 and 1989.
  • She is 45 years old.
  • Her Castle's father Bruce captained the New Zealand rugby league team in 1967.
"Since her appointment, female membership has gone to 38 per cent of new members. Two years ago, it was 23 per cent."
She vomits all this out on her blog.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
She vomits all this out on her blog.
Yeah, my point moreso it's how she got the job in first place, and the association between her and Mortimer.

Surely she wasn't the best candidate at the time, but "hey your dad looked after me when I played under 16s so I'll look after you now RaeRae".

There's a high chance this whole saga was Mortimer protecting a friends daughter from media, and saving her job.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
  • She is 45 years old.
I couldn't give a toss what her background is, I don't really care that she's a woman and I couldn't give a flying fuck about how she got more female members to the club.

The last few weeks has shown how out of depth she really is. The best thing she should have done is keep her mouth shut from the media.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about her one bit. She has taken the club in a terrible direction and has publicly stated premierships aren't a priority, things like community engagement and numeracy and literacy are more important to her. If she wants to acheive those things perhaps she can join the greens and run for politics.

But this week after fan pressure she has changed her tune and premierships and finals are important.

In regards to female fans I don't believe for a second that 50% of our fans are female. There are plenty of female fans that will jump off the bandwagon and move to the next fad when she disappears from our club.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't care about her one bit. She has taken the club in a terrible direction and has publicly stated premierships aren't a priority, things like community engagement and numeracy and literacy are more important to her. If she wants to acheive those things perhaps she can join the greens and run for politics.

But this week after fan pressure she has changed her tune and premierships and finals are important.

In regards to female fans I don't believe for a second that 50% of our fans are female. There are plenty of female fans that will jump off the bandwagon when she disappears from our club.
Premierships arent a proity ? Fmd that burns me

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
on a different note.

This morning Raelene accepted my linkedin request.

I might apply directly to her for the vacancy on board after Turvey's departure.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
This part really disturbs me. Everywhere i see it seems women aare blindly just following other women around, if people were unbiased this should not have jumped anyone higher than 2%.
The fact shes a woman shouldnt mean anything. This is the same reason Donald trump will lose this election, activate the female button and girls will follow other girls like sheep.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
  • She is 45 years old.
and one thing everybody knows for sure" she sucks as CEO"

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol ffs is that all everyone cares about trying to get 50/50 male to female ration in every walk of life.
Fuk off you facist scum raelene

Status
Not open for further replies.