Board only grilled Des for 20 mins of a 4 hour meeting ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously our board never grilled Des too hard about what changes he plans to make to his coaching style for 2017. I don't know why they even bothered. Whatever Des said those weak ***** (except SM) must have swallowed hook line and sinker

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des was never the one in the firing line. It was just a big blow up from the media, because it's the off-season and there's nothing else to talk about.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des just keep yelling "Completions!!" for 20 minutes so they called it quits

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completions!? Des couldn't even complete the meeting!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He grilled them champ
They buckled
He stormed off with his 1.2 mill and a shot box Kia

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Des's "one up" style of play he probably couldn't hold his attention span for much longer.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate I posted earlier this week from a very reliable source that Des getting sacked was the least likely outcome from this meeting.. it wasnt even the exact nature of the meeting..

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He was only THERE for 20 minutes, I'd image they grilled him for 0 minutes.......... if for no other reason a board grilling any employee would be somewhat pointless. Ideally the board would discuss facts, set objectives and vote them yes or no, then thats how it is.

If they where going to fire Des, they would need a reason, a alternative, and then a vote, if the vote was do it, they do it, they don't invite you in to beg and try to change minds, its already done. TBH if you can say a few words....... or hours of words to change the vote then it wasn't a good vote to begin with.

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing more than a media beat-up the agenda was set the only change was Mortimer in the press, how did everyone not see that?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mate I posted earlier this week from a very reliable source that Des getting sacked was the least likely outcome from this meeting.. it wasnt even the exact nature of the meeting..
Exactly.... The board had already talked to Hasler in depth and made him well aware of their expectations for 2017. Twas around the same time a few of his staff got sacked.

Seems the meeting was initially being held as a catch up for Dib with the CEO, Coach and Board, given he just returned from holidays. Instead it turned into "Hey Steve are you going or are we sacking you".

Mortimer has been feeding the press for longer than people realise.. Top 4 clause anyone?? Doesn't exist! He ran to the media trying to create a beatup that would be that big that the club would have no other option but to sack Hasler. In sacking Hasler he'd save not only his arse on the board, but also his mates daughter... Raelene Castle.

However he fucked up, and got caught out, and the board took the most approrpriate action, and also put Castle on notice.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly.... The board had already talked to Hasler in depth and made him well aware of their expectations for 2017. Twas around the same time a few of his staff got sacked.

Seems the meeting was initially being held as a catch up for Dib with the CEO, Coach and Board, given he just returned from holidays. Instead it turned into "Hey Steve are you going or are we sacking you".

Mortimer has been feeding the press for longer than people realise.. Top 4 clause anyone?? Doesn't exist! He ran to the media trying to create a beatup that would be that big that the club would have no other option but to sack Hasler. In sacking Hasler he'd save not only his arse on the board, but also his mates daughter... Raelene Castle.

However he fucked up, and got caught out, and the board took the most approrpriate action, and also put Castle on notice.
Spot on Mr I, I do seem to recall that it was Lamb who was the first to mouth off about the loss of club culture, then 4 weeks later its Mortimer.
Mortimer is a member of the Board and Lamb is not, I am sure that lamb would have been given some kind of notice behind the scenes prior to Mortimer.
Love them both, great legends for the club but, not very smart I am afraid.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Spot on Mr I, I do seem to recall that it was Lamb who was the first to mouth off about the loss of club culture, then 4 weeks later its Mortimer.
Mortimer is a member of the Board and Lamb is not, I am sure that lamb would have been given some kind of notice behind the scenes prior to Mortimer.
Love them both, great legends for the club but, not very smart I am afraid.
Yeah tend to agree with this. They're footy players after all. Turvey will be back sooner rather than later.

Reactions: DT

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mortimer will apparently still be an active part of the club - hopefully the passion remains - the only difference is he is not on the board. Wishful thinking but maybe the issues have been openly discussed- ie recruitment, retention, playing style etc - and the changes start happening from within sooner rather than later. Over the last few years it has seemed in trials and early rounds that our junior rep sides skill levels / quality were way below that of most other clubs which was then reflected in 20s etc. They just have seemed slower in all aspects than most other teams. Hopefully this is the low point - I ve written hope a lot in this post!

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des showed up at 2:30 and left just before 4:30, apparently he had a meeting with Dib and Mortimer before the board meeting.

They were never gonna sack Des for next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pro Des wankers.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score