Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib says Des Hasler will be coach next season, slams club legend Steve Mortime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYRIAN_WARRIOR

Waterboy
Reaction score
i honestly think that des is the most overated coach
fair enough he has made 12 appearences in final out of 13
and fair enough he has made 5 grand finals and won 2

he made 3 gf with manly and won 2. now with that side that they had any coach can take them to the gf
2007 they lost to storm
08 they won but no smith who would of made big difference
2011 they beat warriors

now with dogs we earned to be there in 2012 but 2014 we were lucky to be there as we struglled we didnt have much of a challenge to get there as we only had to beat teams that were injury torn. we alsostruggled to score second half points that season
overated in my opinion

Belmorian

Waterboy
Reaction score
Ray Dibs head is very ugly and is displeasing to my aesthetic sensitivities... I think he should pack his bags and fuck right off as well.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does the club realise that if Mortimer leaves , most of the Bulldogs fan base will be in a massive uproar ? Would not sit well with me at all and I'm sure plenty! So if they do sack him their will be major consequences . Majority of Bulldogs members will not renew . The media will make a frenzy out of it . It will all turn into a circus . Dib is trying to settle things down with the media but I'm sure tomorrow in that board room , their will be a lot of disagreements . Safe to say it's going to be a drama filled pre season . If Mortimer leaves , I vow to never renew my membership again !
Mortimer is a legend but is also a board member and whilst he is one he should keep his opinions confined to the board room

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mortimer is a legend but is also a board member and whilst he is one he should keep his opinions confined to the board room
I understand this but I think it's a case of he couldn't keep it all bottled up anymore . Just like we have gone all crazy on Hasler and have had enough , I imagine he is feeling the same . If you ever see him watch a game and see the passion that comes from this man , you will know this is all coming from a place for the love of the club . If he resigns , I will see things falling apart and it will be a very sad day for all involved .

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To discuss things not bite eachothers heads off
Although I don't agree with your views, I respect the manor in which you post ..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Now I really (in a nervous way) cannot wait to see to see how it all transpires tomorrow. On the one hand, Mortimer is publicly lambasting Hasler, in such a way that it would seem the board are in agreement with his sentiment. On the other, we have Dib backing Des in a seemingly strong, authoritative way. All while Raelene is awfully quiet.

If the animosity within the club is as huge as being reported, I can't see how the current arrangement is tenable. It seems untenable. Something/someone's got to give.

I really do wonder what the players are thinking...

Exactly. It is like that quote from Macbeth;

What’s done cannot be undone.—

Whatever happens tomorrow the damage has already been done and no matter what things that have been said can't be taken back. Something will happen and someone will be unhappy.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand this but I think it's a case of he couldn't keep it all bottled up anymore . Just like we have gone all crazy on Hasler and have had enough , I imagine he is feeling the same . If you ever see him watch a game and see the passion that comes from this man , you will know this is all coming from a place for the love of the club . If he resigns , I will see things falling apart and it will be a very sad day for all involved .
No doubt about it ......but 1 more day is all that was needed then if he's unhappy after the meeting let it rip he says they have the numbers to get rid of him so I don't see the issue

Reaction score
that depends on the consequences of his actions. if him speaking publicly benefited the club, then he had to speak out however unprofessional that might look.
in 2 weeks players can begin formally sorting their deals for 2018, so you can be sure they're already lining stuff up right now.
there's been alot of rumours around, going back as long ago as Ennis leaving, that outside players were hesitant to sign under des.
it's obvious we'll need to recruit for 2018 because we having aging key players like the Morris' and James Graham, even JR will be getting on.
if we miss the window we will be in a weaker position for 2018.

if des winds up getting punted mid season next year, the new coach will have missed the chance to pick up some quality players for 2018.
if des turns it around and ends up staying, his recruitment over the past couple of years is sketchy at best, enough reason for a board member to worry about our
chances recruiting quality for 2018.

if they sack him now, at least there's a shot at recruiting decent players for 2018. if not, we risk a long few years of dealing with missing out on good players.
we've already heard that munster and latrell could have been dogs, either of those would improve us dramatically.

on the other hand, if his words were of no help, i agree, he should keep it private.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The way I see it there are only two reasons for Gavin the meeting tomorrow
1. They want to punt Hasler
2. They want to keep him beyond 17 and need to prove that to new potential recruits before the 18 window opens

Not sure which one Turvey's public spy makes me lean towards number 1

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I see it there are only two reasons for Gavin the meeting tomorrow
1. They want to punt Hasler
2. They want to keep him beyond 17 and need to prove that to new potential recruits before the 18 window opens

Not sure which one Turvey's public spy makes me lean towards number 1
Who is Gavin

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
1 less than Bellamy.
But but but des has a better record,
Fuck me some people.
I bet if you ask who would you rather have des or Bellamy everyone will pick Bellamy .

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2018 when the salary cap increase we need a new game plan & a coach & board functioning well ready to capitaluse on alot of players off contract waiting to capitalise. In 5 years with Des we have gone downhill in all areas membership will be down & u guys back Dib & Hasler over a legend who bleeds blue & white! Answer this So if Hasler was one of the best coaches 5-10 years ago he is not now az he can change a game plan with all resources at his disposal that we gave him. If Hasler thinks he loves a challenge & is a great coach why does he not prove & sign an extension that the Dogs can make the top 4 in 2018? You know why because he is overated & footy has change since 2011 when he last won the title. Well hasler put ur money where ur mouth is sign to agree the extra clause if u r a good coach? He is gutlest dictator who has no concern over junior development or memberships hence 5th tackle boring option etc!! U guys who want to keep Hasler obviously are happy to make the numbers finish 8th & lise 1st wk of semis! A true bulldogs support wants success to challenge not to accept mediocre & win the title this will not hapen under Des! Dib grow some balls time for change is here & now! If not resign too with Des & castle & give the club back to the fans!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's because dib is a money hungry scum
He'd rather put us through a year of shit the. Pay Hasler out
He is the tight arse of the highest order
Why do u think we don't sign stars
He gives low ball offers to potential targets and is a money hungry dog
It's his pocket and business over the club
He is a prick and stuck up *****
Already worth millions yet wants more !!!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He i
It's ok for him to back Hasler but not ok for Turvey to give his opinion, what a hypocrite.

He's now backed himself into a corner, if the majority of the board want Hasler gone I hope he hands in his resignation.

Some of these board members are an absolute joke.
He is a tight arse of the highest order
Business business business
His hip pocket over the club
Arrogant maggot
So fake and sleazy, 90% of what he said is false
The board don't want to pay the 1.2mill
They offered half for Hasler to walk but the has been dog refused. He wants the full amount. Neither the board or Hasler are budging and are club and team are stuck in the middle

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Finchie Most true fans are really hurting & depressed! The only joy is if Hasler goes to the Dragons as it looks like our bullfrog saviour will b the escape goat 2morrow as Dib does not bleed Blue & white! I have been a supporter since 1979 when i was very young & i think this is the lowest pt in history for the Bulldogs! I think the only way is to go yo leagues club at 3pm 2morrow & have banners protesting to get rid of Hasler & Dib & castle & we want the club to come back to the fans!

Status
Not open for further replies.