Bulldogs in crisis: Club great Steve Mortimer says he’ll quit if Des Hasler gets contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The prick could be the best coach in the NRL but the majority of the players are not responding to his tactics or game plan.
What Mortimer is saying is that he is not the right fit at Canterbury
I don't see Mortimer calling him a shiet coach all I see is Mortimer saying he doesn't understand our culture and players don't want to play under these conditions.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could date Miranda Kerr for 5 years (one of the prettiest ladies on the planet) however if the said lady cheats on me, disrespects me and my parents, gives me boring missionary once a month and doesn't give good head than I'm outta there

Some relationships are not meant to be
We've had our run and now we move on

Margot Roby I'm coming for u hunny!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Lmfao @ Hasler... stats this and that.

Turvey still has his balls. I wonder if the other directors do?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's not forget Matt Elliot is the guy who analysed our attacking structures on FoxSports and called it extremely effective.

Should be banned from coaching just for that remark

Reaction score
whichever way things turn out, doesn't stop the fact he went full retard with desball

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So... people blaming Hasler for bringing over Cleal, etc... but ask yourselves..

WHO SIGNED OFF ON THAT

and more to the point, those that DID sign off on it, would have also sacked Pay/Mullholland/etc.

SO ASK YOURSELVES why did our recruitment go to shit? Because Cleal was at the club. Why was Cleal at the club? Because our BOARD/CEO agreed for him to come over with Hasler.

There's a word out there.. it's only short and our board/ceo would know it..

NO

That is all it would have taken to retain Mullholland and Pay.. too late now though.

This whole rubbish in the media is because our recruitments gone to shit because the board / CEO have failed the club by handing over too much control of staff (and money) to Hasler. They could have said NO, but they didn't.

Now that things haven't worked as well as they'ed hoped, they are trying to save their own arses by making Hasler the fall guy instead of putting their hands up and admitting they have fucked up.

The Foran fuckup is just another fine example of the Board/CEO screwing up something potentially good. It's not the first time it's happened (nor the second or third). The Board and CEO are the reason our lineup is as average as it seems, and why we can't attract players..

Friday, if Hasler is sacked, give it a while, and you'll all come back to my posts in this thread and go "oh fuck, he was right".

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I was in Wagga today, driving through Turvey Park (cos I missed the fukin maccas turn off) and started getting the shits (probably cos I was hungry) but then Steve "Turvey' Mortimer came to me in a vision and put his hand on my shoulder (was sitting in the back seat, with his seat belt on...cos he's a responsible fella) and he said don't worry mate that ****'s gone.......at the time I thought he meant the cat I had just run over doing an illegal U-turn, but when I got home this afternoon I realised he was talking about Des Hilter

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was in Wagga today, driving through Turvey Park (cos I missed the fukin maccas turn off) and started getting the shits (probably cos I was hungry) but then Steve "Turvey' Mortimer came to me in a vision and put his hand on my shoulder (was sitting in the back seat, with his seat belt on...cos he's a responsible fella) and he said don't worry mate that ****'s gone.......at the time I thought he meant the cat I had just run over doing an illegal U-turn, but when I got home this afternoon I realised he was talking about Des Hilter
Nice area Wagga :grinning: Mrs I's family are from down there.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So... people blaming Hasler for bringing over Cleal, etc... but ask yourselves..

WHO SIGNED OFF ON THAT

and more to the point, those that DID sign off on it, would have also sacked Pay/Mullholland/etc.

SO ASK YOURSELVES why did our recruitment go to shit? Because Cleal was at the club. Why was Cleal at the club? Because our BOARD/CEO agreed for him to come over with Hasler.

There's a word out there.. it's only short and our board/ceo would know it..

NO

That is all it would have taken to retain Mullholland and Pay.. too late now though.

This whole rubbish in the media is because our recruitments gone to shit because the board / CEO have failed the club by handing over too much control of staff (and money) to Hasler. They could have said NO, but they didn't.

Now that things haven't worked as well as they'ed hoped, they are trying to save their own arses by making Hasler the fall guy instead of putting their hands up and admitting they have fucked up.

The Foran fuckup is just another fine example of the Board/CEO screwing up something potentially good. It's not the first time it's happened (nor the second or third). The Board and CEO are the reason our lineup is as average as it seems, and why we can't attract players..

Friday, if Hasler is sacked, give it a while, and you'll all come back to my posts in this thread and go "oh fuck, he was right".
Check your facts Mulholland was already gone before Des's arrival we had signed Manlys other recruitment manager Dave Warwick for 2012 and that all changed once Des arrived.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems the last few days Mortimer has been beating his chest telling every paper who cares to listen "I'M A DIRECTOR ON THE BOARD".

Mortimer needs to really shut the fuck up. I mean that. His latest few articles quoting him in the media, makes it sound like he's firing a gun into the air, happy to get sacked.

I mean he's tendered his resignation, and doesn't care if he leaves the board... THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!
Some of the Board have been hoodwinked by Hasler. Mortimers comments are to circuit break the inaction. Suffice to say that despite some comments by Mbye and others in support of Hasler, he has lost the dressing room. I was at the SF and Turvey was sitting a row in front of me. While most supporters around us felt that we put in ...in the first half, our 2nd half performance, with the season on the line was abysmal. Turvey was absolutely gutted after the game and headed for the sheds. I felt sad for him. I feel, like many long term Dogs fans that Turvey and Lamb and even Dymock have had enough of Hasler and his lame fucken statistical excuses as to why we have become a shell of a team.

How dare you EVER say Mortimer needs to really shut the fuck up. Do you forget that Turvey was our club captain, was the first NSW Captain to win SOO and is considered an ABSOLUTE LIVING LEGEND at Belmore. If Turvey says he can sense a lack of passion, that our play is clunky, disorganised, that we play as individuals rather than a team and that weve lost our way then he is entitled to say that. He is echoing what 99% of fans are saying.

Dont you see this is Turveys way of saying.......FUCK OFF DES!!!

A man that stands for nothing falls for anything. Turvey has staked his enormous club legendary reputation and public standing on the line in his comments. Hes challenging the Board....If the Board see Hasler as the best for the future of the Club then Turvey is prepared to walk. You Mr Invisible are better off staying Invisible if you cant stomach this.

Last edited by a moderator:

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The prick could be the best coach in the NRL but the majority of the players are not responding to his tactics or game plan.
What Mortimer is saying is that he is not the right fit at Canterbury
I don't see Mortimer calling him a shiet coach all I see is Mortimer saying he doesn't understand our culture and players don't want to play under these conditions.
Halves being halves calling the ball running the plays grubber kicks on last isn't a culture it's what is meant to be coached and forwards trying to be halves is just bull shit. Fuck Hasler coaching is fucken shit

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Facts as i mentioned in a previous post a few days ago if you lose the players there is no other choice Hasler coaching the Bulldogs is unteanable! Even blind freddy can see that. You can only get so much out of the players! It is time for Change!!! Graham is dispondent at after match speeches & the players can play to their strengths not a biring 80% completion & running on the 5th no kick every set in the attackive 20m? This is very negative & history may show best defense wins however you have to have attack xfactors strike weapons & plan B's! So good on Steve Mortimer a legend & cares for the club more than anyone else unlike Hasler control freak etc! Anyone content with just making the 8 means they accept a Bulldogs side accepting mediocre. We are a proud successful club & no player coach board member or CEO is bigger than our club! Also all jobs have KPI & if udo not perform you are out especially coaching caper! Lastly, all clubs run to try & make a profit so when a decline in membership by eg 5000 by $120 = $600K it may be more reduction 2017. The board & club & turvey have heard & tome is now get on board & do not sit on the fence & take a risk! We need rebuilding it will take a few years! I would love Dean pay with dymock & adviser eg Hagan etc Dean pay was ricky assistant even at the roosters & not sure about cronull or when he was at Parra! I will never regret hasler going as that is why people did not go this year & membership down next year as the footy is less exciting that watching paint dry & u want to keep him r u guys dillusional???

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mate everyone has a part in both success & failure! I do not see why u stick up for hasler who has been there 5 mins & the only reason he is here is too collected his big fat cheque! U blame Castle the board & everyone else but remember one thing. When Hasler came in 2012 we gave him players we can him his own team etc & gave him the keys to do whatever he wanted spent millions on state of art facilities & scientific methods & to buy who ever he wants. He buys 2 over rated ex Manly players & Borris because of his brother. So u blame the board but in all sports the coach lives & dies by the sword! Why r u afraid of unknown. Hasler will go & if anyone else is putting the club down then they will also in time board members or castle also if they do not perform that is fact of life!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn straight. Go hard out turvey!!! Love ya work mate.
Fuck some people make me laugh.. they complain when players or explayers just give scripted P.C responses to the media, the one time someone speaks the truth and speaks from the heart, it's considered over board by some? Give me a fucking break

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't believe for one second that Toovey would put castle over the best interest of the club
I won't cop that
He may be leaking certain shit but so did lamb and a few others feel exactly the same way.
Some players do not want a bar of him
I have spoken to 3 at their own house
I won't divulge who
Toovey?? Lol players dont want a bar of who? Turvey or hasler?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
No I'm telling our "number 1 club legend" to shut the fuck up and stop dragging the clubs name through the dirt.

Where do you guys think the media is getting all this information from about Hasler on the rocks?
MORTIMER

AND DOES IT COME AS NO SUPRISE THAT
Suddenly he's in a few papers, shooting multiple comments off about Hasler going.

ADD TO THIS
Coorey himself states that nothing has been talked about Haslers position.

PUT 2 and 2 TOGETHER.. ITS OBVIOUS WHAT IS GOING ON!!!
This "number 1 club legend", is doing his best to use trial by media to give the rest of the board no other choice but to sack Hasler and keep his mate Castle free from the swinging axe.

WHY DO YOU THINK HE THREATENED TO WALK IF HASLER REMAINS?
It's not because of that, it's because they'll quickly find out he was shit talking to the media to try and have Hasler removed, and they'll remove him from his position on the board.

SIMPLE AS THAT!
Hasler will be sacked on Friday. And who cares what Coorey said, doesn't mean it's true. You are insane if you think the board hasn't discussed sacking Hasler. And to top shit off, if you still think Hasler is our best option wake up. Any one can tell tolman to touch the ball 200 times a game and die with the ball. He is fu3king useless. Mortimer is a club legend who is on 2 boards the football club and leagues club. And you say he needs to shut the fuck up, yet the propaganda you come up with has fuck all evidence. Few people
One here claim to know what's going on more than the board do, trust me if anyone on here was that high up, they wouldn't have that much time in their day to be on the kennel using emojis. I couldn't give a shit about castle and how good or shit she is, she doesn't tell des how to coach. We are one of the poorest coaches teams there is. Hasler fucked Manlys juniors and backend contracts the same way he has with us, I'm glad all his bs staff got the sack, and I'll be even more glad come Friday when this smug, arrogant prick is told to pack his shit and leave.

Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Some of the Board have been hoodwinked by Hasler. Mortimers comments are to circuit break the inaction. Suffice to say that despite some comments by Mbye and others in support of Hasler, he has lost the dressing room. I was at the SF and Turvey was sitting a row in front of me. While most supporters around us felt that we put in ...in the first half, our 2nd half performance, with the season on the line was abysmal. Turvey was absolutely gutted after the game and headed for the sheds. I felt sad for him. I feel, like many long term Dogs fans that Turvey and Lamb and even Dymock have had enough of Hasler and his lame fucken statistical excuses as to why we have become a shell of a team.

How dare you EVER say Mortimer needs to really shut the fuck up. Do you forget that Turvey was our club captain, was the first NSW Captain to win SOO and is considered an ABSOLUTE LIVING LEGEND at Belmore. If Turvey says he can sense a lack of passion, that our play is clunky, disorganised, that we play as individuals rather than a team and that weve lost our way then he is entitled to say that. He is echoing what 99% of fans are saying.

Dont you see this is Turveys way of saying.......FUCK OFF DES!!!

A man that stands for nothing falls for anything. Turvey has staked his enormous club legendary reputation and public standing on the line in his comments. Hes challenging the Board....If the Board see Hasler as the best for the future of the Club then Turvey is prepared to walk. You Mr Invisible are better off staying Invisible if you cant stomach this.
Couldnt agree more!! Its as if he knows his remarks are inflamatory and possibly out of line, but he is saying it anyway in hope that it will be the katalyst to remove hasler from his position.
And contrary to what mr invisible says, i think his offer to resign is to save the club from sacking him if his tactics to stir the pot and push for haslers departure are considered over the top, especially if he isnt sacked.
In the words of Martin Luther king "he who stands for nothing shall fall for anything". One of my all time favourite quotes!!

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mortimer is behaving like the manly and eels board it's not right, all this media attention is not good even if you have an agenda go about it a different way

Status
Not open for further replies.