Haslers future will be decided on friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Best thing I've read all year...... bring in Jimmy Dymock!!!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still like Walters.

Winning culture with bris and Melbourne,
He is ready

Someone that will try things.

Not a fan with potter, dymock(can't string 2 sentences together). Or (ex Penrith coach- sorry forgot his name)

Pay would be good! But doubt he will budge.

Go all out for walters- he will jump and at a cheap price
Personally, i doubt that walters would give up his QLD coaching job and the dollars for a cheap contract to coach the bulldogs. Plus he has no idea about our culture, and hes a bloody queenslander (im allowed to say this, i have lived in QLD for almost 10 years lol).
Dymock would be my first choice, he has done his apprenticeship, with dean pay as his assistant. i think they would be a great team, and i think dean would be keen to hook up with his old pal dymock again.
Plus, with dymock's involvement with the NSW team over the past years, i think he may even have some pulling power with some players, or at least they would know what hes about.
I have always been a fan of hasler, up until this year. I am sure he can coach but he has made some poor decisions and has not allowed the players to play to their abilities individually. The style he has created is boring as shit and totally predictable as well.
TIME TO LEAVE HASLER!!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler has been given the kiss of death in the form of castles' "at this stage Hasler is contracted to the end of 2017" comment.

Anyways I think there is no point blowing 1.2 million dollars on a coach that will go improve another club. We might have ruffled enough feathers with him that he will change something for next season.

There is no point to throw a new coach in there because our team is already weakened, it will be an uphill battle to get this team to be competitive amoungst top 4 teams. Our roster is set so not much a coach will be able to do with what he has (and I'm not sure how patient fans and the board will be if we finish 10th with a coach who inherited an unbalanced team).

Let Hasler see if he can change something this off season. If we are still having props take hit ups 20 out then it's easy to sack him and throw the reigns to dymock to see if he can change anything. That will be his audition. If jimmy fails too then you can open up your cheque book for a coach in 2018 (mind you almost all but jacko, Klem and mbye will come off contract in 2017 and 2018) which will give any new coach a chance to rebuild in 2017.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
From November, all clubs will be talking to the multitude of stars coming off contract next year while we twiddle our thumbs in countless board meetings which will result in nothing useful. I suggest you save yourself the heartache and accept that the next 3-4 years will be fruitless
You clearly havnt been following the dogs long!! When was the last time the dogs had 3 or 4 bad years in a row??????
Regardless of the coaching outcome, i think we will do ok next year!

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You clearly havnt been following the dogs long!! When was the last time the dogs had 3 or 4 bad years in a row??????
Regardless of the coaching outcome, i think we will do ok next year!
If there's no coaching change you are going to be unpleasantly surprised.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the rumours are true and he is gone I'd go for tony smith from England
He'd bring in the England hooker Clarke whom is an absolute gun and then start building a new spine.

I know it's a risk but many coaches have gone to England coached and returned successfully eg Trent Robinson etc

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope it's not a reduced contract and negotiation of the extension.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Fridays meeting will be to sack fucking Grimace in a wig. Send the porker back to Maccas on a prepaid Uber docket, and get someone like Corey Payne at the helm.

I HIGHLY doubt it'll be to sack Hasler... if anything it'll be to extend his contract, and figure out replacements for the recently departed staff.

Theres no way the club would leak such information to the media.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's say they do offer him some stupid contract extension with rubbish clauses and a severe pay cut in hopes that he'd decline it and fuck off, does Mbye fuck off with him? Did the Muppet get the Des clause in his contract?

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the rumours are true and he is gone I'd go for tony smith from England
He'd bring in the England hooker Clarke whom is an absolute gun and then start building a new spine.

I know it's a risk but many coaches have gone to England coached and returned successfully eg Trent Robinson etc
All that to bring in a hooker? Lol anyone but a smith

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's say they do offer him some stupid contract extension with rubbish clauses and a severe pay cut in hopes that he'd decline it and fuck off, does Mbye fuck off with him? Did the Muppet get the Des clause in his contract?
Well said, let's hope so.

Des' two big picks - Lichaa and Mbye are duds.
Only possible resurrection for Mbye is when Des goes we might see if the kid can play - but for now he is an expensive dud.

Killara DogStat

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guys i think if the biard meeting happening on Friday Hasler will go for a few reasons! 1. If u provide a lower salary he will be unsatisfied! 2. He has lost the players even the senior players do not agree with his playing structure evident by Graham attitude at after game speeches to media being dispondent! 3. All sponsors probably reluctant to continue to support a team that plays very unaatractive footy leads to companies not willing to be associated with that as their companies vibe to be attractive in mkt place & the pressure of membership retention falling! Guys do the maths. If our membership drops from 20,000 to realistic 15,000 in 2017 so 5,000 down by average membership $120 then club loses $600k which is a payout for hasler not to incl possible lost sponsors for club! Hasler has to go then it does not matter who coaches sponsors will then resign as well as members will sign up more if the club sack Hasler sign if change which will mean a more attractive footy next yr therefore more attractive club to be associated with!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Mick Potter with dean pay. Potter was going ok . He blooded the young kids coming through. He aren't going to win a premiership in the next 3 years. So lets get back to dogs of war and break a few heads in the mean time.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Fridays meeting will be to sack fucking Grimace in a wig. Send the porker back to Maccas on a prepaid Uber docket, and get someone like Corey Payne at the helm.

I HIGHLY doubt it'll be to sack Hasler... if anything it'll be to extend his contract, and figure out replacements for the recently departed staff.

Theres no way the club would leak such information to the media.
There is a reason. They are trying to undermine Des and give the impression that "hey, we run this place not you. You listen to us not the other way around".

It's kinda how NRL boards operate.its dirty. Once they want someone gone, they'll leak to continue to undermine said person. Happened to parra coaches all the time.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick potter lol no

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still like Walters.

Winning culture with bris and Melbourne,
He is ready

Someone that will try things.

Not a fan with potter, dymock(can't string 2 sentences together). Or (ex Penrith coach- sorry forgot his name)

Pay would be good! But doubt he will budge.

Go all out for walters- he will jump and at a cheap price
I agree 100%...Walters is the man to take the dogs forwards. I'm sick of hearing we need a coach who knows the culture of the club. It needs to be the best coach for the club. Can someone please explain to me why we need a coach who is connected to the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.