How quickly things change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/01e061ef9b45359afbc5ea60742890b5

RAELENE RE-SIGNS TILL 2018
May 20, 2016 6:30pm

THE comments are burnt into Raelene Castle’s memory.
“She’ll never survive. She’s a Kiwi who ran netball, how is she going to be an NRL club CEO?’’

Castle recalls all the criticism about her arrival at Canterbury in 2013.

On Friday, Castle signed a new contract with Canterbury Bulldogs until the end of 2018.

Not only has Castle survived, she’s creating history.

The new deal will make Castle the longest-serving female administrator in rugby league’s 108-year history.

“I feel proud,’’ she said.

Castle’s diary is clogged with requests from major companies, including Westpac and National Australia Bank, to tell her story.

“Because when you take these opportunities, they’re very high-profile and if you don’t get it right, it’s a high-profile departure which is always difficult.

“Equally, if you put some runs on the board it can be beneficial and rewarding. Why did I re-sign? Because I’ve got unfinished business.’’

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
WORK IN PROGRESS
At the beginning of last season, the Bulldogs board and Castle produced an ambitious strategic plan.

Within the blueprint was a list of lofty targets — including a 30,000 average match-day attendance, 25,000 members by 2018 and $30 million club revenue by 2020.

But the bullet point that grabbed the headlines was the goal to win two premierships by 2019.
“And we’re still very comfortable with the overall direction of the strategic plan,’’ Castle said.
“We really feel it gives us a base on which to create the building blocks for the Bulldogs.
“As far as two premierships, we’ve still got four years to go. Is it a challenge? Absolutely.
“But that’s what strategic plans are. They’re about stretched targets.
“There’s no point being safe with them, they’ve got to be aspirational.

“And we still think two premiership titles is aspirational for us as a club and also for the fans.
“It’s the right target.’’

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
DES & RECRUITMENT
Coach Des Hasler averages four hours’ sleep a night. He unlocks his Belmore office door at 7am most days. He’s intense, calculated and complex.

Castle’s relationship with Hasler has been a slow-burn. Like any relationship, trust has taken time to develop. But as recently as a fortnight ago, amid suggestions Hasler was under pressure, Castle rushed to his defence by revealing the club was planning to upgrade his contract.

“When you look at the results, I think it was very unjustified and disappointing that discussions about his contract extension ended up in the media because our Bulldogs modus operandi is to do those things behind closed doors,’’ Castle said. “But having said that, given that it is in the public domain, I can only reaffirm we’re in negotiations with Des’ management and we’re working towards a two-year extension in order to achieve the success we’re after.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
RELIGIOUS-BASED CONTRACTS
Will Hopoate will miss Sunday’s game with Sydney Roosters at ANZ Stadium, having sought approval before signing with the Dogs to not play on Sundays because of his Mormon faith.

Castle said that the decision to sign-off on the deal was difficult, but one that they believed was necessary.

“We thought about it long and hard because it does have implications for what happens when you’ve got other players in other situations that have other religious beliefs,’’ Castle said.

“But I don’t think you can be a family club and not take those things into consideration. It would be irresponsible.

“Such is he and his family’s faith, Will will always put his football and career opportunities in a different level of conversation than what some other players will.

“I think it will come to the table again (with other players), but it takes both parties to discuss it.

“I think you need to find a position that means it’s beneficial for both parties.’’

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...8/news-story/01e061ef9b45359afbc5ea60742890b5

“She’ll never survive. She’s a Kiwi who ran netball, how is she going to be an NRL club CEO?’’

On Friday, Castle signed a new contract with Canterbury Bulldogs until the end of 2018.

The new deal will make Castle the longest-serving female administrator in rugby league’s 108-year history.

Castle’s diary is clogged with requests from major companies, including Westpac and National Australia Bank, to tell her story.

“Because when you take these opportunities, they’re very high-profile and if you don’t get it right, it’s a high-profile departure which is always difficult.

“Equally, if you put some runs on the board it can be beneficial and rewarding. Why did I re-sign? Because I’ve got unfinished business.’’

It is a pity that a concerted pursuit of a premiership is not one of those items of "unfinished business". I would love a story about our Premiership win in 2017 but that does not look like it will even get past the editor.

CB1935

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DES & RECRUITMENT
Coach Des Hasler averages four hours’ sleep a night. He unlocks his Belmore office door at 7am most days. He’s intense, calculated and complex.
Can someone tell me what he does? If I went to work at 7am and stayed till 3am and was so unproductive, i'd be fired a long time ago.

So we should upgrade his contract based on 4 hours sleep, not on results?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what he does? If I went to work at 7am and stayed till 3am and was so unproductive, i'd be fired a long time ago.

It is like that guy who is fast approaching retirement, the one who goes to work, clocks in and out with very little productive effort in between. He has been there so long and blended in to the background with his quiet ways and lack of talk that the boss does not notice he does basically nothing. All for a gold watch and a bang up farewell party.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The more I read stuff like this, the more it makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm actually starting to wonder if this whole "Castle project", is more about self gratification, than what's best for the club (because if she knew what's best for the club, she'd pack up her office and tender her resignation).

An ability to tell her story, an ability to share in how she is the longest serving CEO of an NRL club with no prior experience.

and henceforth what the problem is. It may not have been evident at the time, but upon reflection if you stand back and look at what she's done for the club (success wise), versus what she's done that she can grandstand over (free refugee memberships!!!).. there isn't much in the clubs favour (even moreso when you take into account that under HER watch the club made NEGATIVE $1.5 million last year).

Is it any wonder we can't attract quality players... the club CEO is focussing on the wrong things and instead ticking the small boxes, not the big ones.

I doubt any other CEO in the NRL would give their coach so much power.

Time for the "high profile departure" Raelene... you've got it all wrong.

Maybe the answer lies in his Internet Browser History :D

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Please shoot me

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DOES THIS FUCKING STUPID CLUB UNDERSTAND THAT FUCKING APPARENT MASTERMIND COACH AND REFUGEE LADY ARE DESTROYING OUR CLUB. WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING LIKE FUCKING CRAP FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. 4 FUCKING YEARS. IS IT THAT HARD TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS YOU PETHETIC PRICKS. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT. I LOVE THE DOGS BUT WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING NETBALL GENIUS AS YOUR CEO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CLUB IS FÜČKÈD. WE WILL EVENTUALLY BE REMOVED FROM THE NRL. OH WAIT NO WE WONT BECAUSE ALL OF AFRICA HAS A "FREE" BULLDOGS MEMBERSHIP. FUCK THIS CRAP. FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DOES THIS FUCKING STUPID CLUB UNDERSTAND THAT FUCKING APPARENT MASTERMIND COACH AND REFUGEE LADY ARE DESTROYING OUR CLUB. WE HAVE BEEN PLAYING LIKE FUCKING CRAP FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS. 4 FUCKING YEARS. IS IT THAT HARD TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS YOU PETHETIC PRICKS. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT. I LOVE THE DOGS BUT WHEN YOU HAVE A FUCKING NETBALL GENIUS AS YOUR CEO YOU KNOW THAT YOUR CLUB IS FÜČKÈD. WE WILL EVENTUALLY BE REMOVED FROM THE NRL. OH WAIT NO WE WONT BECAUSE ALL OF AFRICA HAS A "FREE" BULLDOGS MEMBERSHIP. FUCK THIS CRAP. FUCK EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the issue, Raylene would have deemed the past 3 years a success, and would have done so this year had all the media, journos and every single Bulldogs fan (social medi) not ridicule our pathetic hack of a football setup

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What fucking runs has she put on the board ?? She's improved our image in the Morman and refugee communities. That's about it.
Oh, and she's taken the most fearsome player in the game and turned him into a trembling bitch.
Well done raerae.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are obviously very annoyed..........lol.

A

Alexander the Great

It is like that guy who is fast approaching retirement, the one who goes to work, clocks in and out with very little productive effort in between. He has been there so long and blended in to the background with his quiet ways and lack of talk that the boss does not notice he does basically nothing. All for a gold watch and a bang up farewell party.
I thought you were describing 99% goverment works for a moment.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
what the hell is modus operandi?

speak english

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What fucking runs has she put on the board ?? She's improved our image in the Morman and refugee communities. That's about it.
Oh, and she's taken the most fearsome player in the game and turned him into a trembling bitch.
Well done raerae.
Maybe she's mistaken runs on the board with runs in the toilet AKA got the runs..

Because shes got verbal diarrhea.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
what the hell is modus operandi?

speak english
It's the MO, don't you watch cop shows ffs

It's the way you do something, in castles case, how she is using our once proud club as a stepping stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.