• Yes, IF he changes our playing style.

Votes: 34 52.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I have been a "sack Des" person but all I ever wanted was him to change the style we play.

The way I see it we have him for 2017 no matter what and I think the club has been caught with a fair bit of fan disapproval and now know they are notice....so providing our style changes I am prepared to follow for one more year. I will enter 2017 with much hesitation and see what unfolds. I think a 7 signing is vital and tbh has been for years, still waiting for a genuine Sunday playing FB so we have a couple of signings and changes to make. Ball is in our clubs hands now, let's see what happens and how they respond. I would also like to see a massive improvement in attitude from our playing roster.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd let him see out his contact but don't want a extension signed until halfway through next year.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have been a "sack Des" person but all I ever wanted was him to change the style we play.

The way I see it we have him for 2017 no matter what and I think the club has been caught with a fair bit of fan disapproval and now know they are notice....so providing our style changes I am prepared to follow for one more year. I will enter 2017 with much hesitation and see what unfolds. I think a 7 signing is vital and tbh has been for years, still waiting for a genuine Sunday playing FB so we have a couple of signings and changes to make. Ball is in our clubs hands now, let's see what happens and how they respond. I would also like to see a massive improvement in attitude from our playing roster.
I couldn't agree more GrogDog those are my sentiments exactly!!!

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like most agree with all the des bagging and hated watching our style of play "but" in seeing des at halftime of the panthers game it showed me that the pressure is finally getting to him and he will have no choice but to change his ways.
Im happy to have him for 2017 as a last chance, he is a great coach who eat sleeps drinks footy so its in his dna and his full of ideas all be it he is stubborn as hell!!
I think he knows that this is his last chance to "change" so he might surprise us all.
What he done with the team in 2012 was pure genius and im hoping next year he comes up with something just as good.
Last chance des dont dissapoint

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like most agree with all the des bagging and hated watching our style of play "but" in seeing des at halftime of the panthers game it showed me that the pressure is finally getting to him and he will have no choice but to change his ways.
Im happy to have him for 2017 as a last chance, he is a great coach who eat sleeps drinks footy so its in his dna and his full of ideas all be it he is stubborn as hell!!
I think he knows that this is his last chance to "change" so he might surprise us all.
What he done with the team in 2012 was pure genius and im hoping next year he comes up with something just as good.
Last chance des dont dissapoint
I agree with every word you wrote and after 358 messages it's my privilege to take your virginity by giving you your first thumbs up :grinning:

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Without a suitable candidate to replace him, then no point sacking Des.

Grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Roosters, Souths, Cowboys all took a chance with their coaches and it payed off.
Their rosters might have been stronger than ours, but at least the played footy.
I'm sure des isn't going to be the last Bulldogs saviour.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck him off. He made us sit through and watch the most boring style of rugby league ever......
Ha ha
I agree- he killed me this year. Worst team to watch.

Even Greg Alexander wanted to slash his wrists when commentating us.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Des has killed the dogs full stop if anyone thinks that des is going to change good luck to you .
We had top 4 with 4 points clear what does des do stick with the same game plan and we were out in straight sets .
Great coaching by a great coach.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm so torn on this...

A part of me is saying straight out no, because I know he can be stubborn and won't change. Also, I'm so upset seeing Finucane, Tapau, Cook & Sezer in other teams + Rona leaving (although in fairness Rona probably wasn't his fault).
I think you will find that Sezer departed with a bad attitude prior to Des starting, Finucane requested a release because he could not get enough game time, Cooky was approached by the Bunnies after killing it during Semi final time coz the Menace was injured as he was only the second string Hooker....I understand that he wants to return but Mag will not release him as yet (I believe he will fix our Hooker problems big time) Tapau departed because he was impatient... wanted more game time + the fact he became a bit of a nut trying to prove he was a tuff man and spent a lot of time suspended going on like a pork chop.
Rona.......well he was moving on to YAWNION and seemed to lose interest in his performance from mid season as far as I am concerned. I do not believe that these players departed because of Des.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you will find that Sezer departed with a bad attitude prior to Des starting, Finucane requested a release because he could not get enough game time, Cooky was approached by the Bunnies after killing it during Semi final time coz the Menace was injured as he was only the second string Hooker....I understand that he wants to return but Mag will not release him as yet (I believe he will fix our Hooker problems big time) Tapau departed because he was impatient... wanted more game time + the fact he became a bit of a nut trying to prove he was a tuff man and spent a lot of time suspended going on like a pork chop.
Rona.......well he was moving on to YAWNION and seemed to lose interest in his performance from mid season as far as I am concerned. I do not believe that these players departed because of Des.
Perhaps some of them (Sezer maybe Tapau) but getting Liccha when you have Cook is Des's fault along with Finucane sitting in the bench watching that useless prick Williams taking a starting spot is also Des.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My mate is fed up with me and all other dogs fans winging, as an ex dogs supporter he recons we should all vote with our feet DON'T RENEW OUR MEMBERSHIP :sleepy:

Belmore4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yes i do want him to coach, but i believe he then has to make some big changes with our spuad and plays on attack and back to the classic defense that we use to have in 04

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The bloke has had 5 seasons to make changes to the playing style and has failed to make any adjustments. The following pretty much describes Hasler: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You could argue us being in the top 5 most of the year with the spine we have is a credit to Des Hasler as a coach. I couldn't imagine any other coach in the NRL capable of taking a team to a top 8 finish with the spine we have.

At the end of the day though he's had 5 years to mold the team to his liking. Fair enough players like Barba leaving were out of his control, but he's had plenty of chances to sign a class halve and passed on it every time.... while also letting go of guys like Ennis and Sezer. We could've easily had a spine like the below without doing anything in the recruitment sector:

1. B. Barba
6. J. Reynolds/M. Mybe
7. A. Sezer
9. M. Ennis/D.Cook

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Changed my vote from "Yes, with changes" to "No way" just now. I don't want this rabble in charge of our club anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.