"Des will only leave if he wants to" - James Hooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks @Spoonman84 ... how much is the Football club membership? I doubt I can arrange mine from Singapore.

~c.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Des will only leave if he wants to"

So in other words he is going no where
Utter crap. He will be read the riot act at the next Board meeting. He may very well exit from that and choose to resign. The Board knows to first strip him of his mates, then appoint a Director of Coaching to oversea Des. Make his life a misery and his manager will start shopping him around. I hear Tigers and Knights and St Merge would be interested.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ok so there is two boards the Canterbury Leagues Club board which looks after the licenced club full of pokies. The Leagues club board is-
Steve Mortimer
George Peponis (Chairman)
Ray Dib
Arthur Coorey
Peter McMahon
George Coorey
Barry Ward

The Football Club Board is responsible for the Canterbury Bulldogs football club. The board is-
Ray Dib (Chairman)
Arthur Coorey
Anthony Elias
Andrew Farrar
Anter Isaac
Peter McMahon
Steve Mortimer

I know they look very similar but they are completely different boards. The way the leagues club is set up is to funnel money towards the football club so this is why so many of them are on both boards.
Constitution requires some football club board members to be on leagues club board to ensure funding to the football club as the priorities of the leagues club is not football and they could refuse funds.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasler is a successful coach that needs STYLE CHANGING
If he doesn't
CANTERBURY is a successful club that would need to CHANGE HIM

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just re watched the semi against penrith.

Why Des WHY

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trust me if des gets sacked he won't leave silently he will cause havoc and he will sue the club big time that's why they will put up within for the next two years
Two years? So he's contracted till the end of 2018? I thought next year was his last contracted year :anguished:

Well, I'll take the positive on that... we can reasonably hold off offering a new contract until the very end of 2017. If last year was his last contracted, i would be pissed off if the club offered a renewal without Des having delivered nothing less than a Premiership. There isn't that pressure/temptation if he has two more years.

If a Premiership pans out somehow next year, we can offer him an extension, with a year to go. It's a dangerous game to leave it late, but nothing less than a Premiership is acceptable. And I'll take that risk of losing a Premiership winning coach because we didn't offer that extension.

This season more than last has created a desperate situation. Not just because of the results, but because Des has to somehow recover from having "snookered" himself and the team.

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
it is not a question of money to pay him out.
its not like the current board and management have not approved overs on everything to do with Des, his team and his toys
It would be an admission from the board that they made the wrong decision.

Make the right decision and get the club back on track.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Dear Des & Raelene....... I binge eat when I'm depressed..........you guys are fucking killing me!!

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Two years? So he's contracted till the end of 2018? I thought next year was his last contracted year :anguished:

Well, I'll take the positive on that... we can reasonably hold off offering a new contract until the very end of 2017. If last year was his last contracted, i would be pissed off if the club offered a renewal without Des having delivered nothing less than a Premiership. There isn't that pressure/temptation if he has two more years.

If a Premiership pans out somehow next year, we can offer him an extension, with a year to go. It's a dangerous game to leave it late, but nothing less than a Premiership is acceptable. And I'll take that risk of losing a Premiership winning coach because we didn't offer that extension.

This season more than last has created a desperate situation. Not just because of the results, but because Des has to somehow recover from having "snookered" himself and the team.
Everyone is always unsure about signatures and resigning. Just go to zero tackle.com
Thanks to this suggestion, I can see that Des is contracted to the end of 2017. So, I'm ready to rage at the club if they give him an extension as is being touted in the article about the coaching staff shake-up.

He absolutely has not warranted a extension. It is basically a surrender by the club that we legitimately chase premierships.

Neither is it a good situation to have Des run out his contract over next season. I can easily see the Folkes situation repeating, and the team coming apart.

Because of this, I will not be surprised if the next couple of weeks sees Des leave.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those people on the board are good bulldog people i wouldnt want them changed,they have given des free reign till now but enough is enough ,it seems like they are listening to fans and making changes

Status
Not open for further replies.