Des under fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would any NRL fan be happy with just making the finals? What is the difference in making the finals and not actually ever having a chance to win the GF to not making the finals at all? Only one teams fans are happy every year, and if another teams fans are happy with not winning then ... good for them I guess.
Exactly Gareth, making the finals...?
Half the teams in the comp do that!
Top 4 or bust.

A team needs 28 points to make the 8 - thats a winning percentage of 58%
A team needs 34 points to make the 4 - thats a winning percentage of 70%

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
1 premiership in 20 years, that is all...

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say it again. The teams biggest problem is Mybe.

My view is Mybe is now a liability to the club.
He can't be the 7 going forward.
His $700k pa paycheck requires a value return he is not capable of delivering, well not yet it would seem.
True Trafford10 - question is what do we do now?
Many on here see him as a centre - if so he is a very expensive one.
Can't see him handling the D as a 9.
So what have we got?

Compared to Hunt, Corey, Pearce etc etc - Mbye is NOT a 7.

IF we get a 7 he becomes 6?
Reynolds?

Mbye's defence is soft - arm grabber, and he does not play from heart - when was the last time he took our breath away in attack OR D?

On another old song - Williams - even JT was quoted as saying 'I was on T-Rex right shoulder and he could have hurt me, but somehow the old legs got me through.'

Thats code for the guy didn't even have a go - 120kg arm grabber.
Take a look at the footage - Williams doesn't give a f... about the team.

Gee its JT - you'd reckon the boys were told don't take your eye off him, no dummies and make sure he gets whacked a few times.
Two Cowboys games: First one Tolman and Mbye let him in. Then he threw that ball out to the winger.
Second game it was Williams and Fualalo (Think it was Fualalo).

Soft.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
look fellas.....Des hasn't changed his hair style in 56yrs what make you think he'll do something as extreme as change our playing style

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dream Team

1. Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Lee/Phillips/McInally/Smith/Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Foran
8. Graham
9. Lichaa
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Fine
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Tolman
16. LPerrett
17. RFM

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fine was playing in the centres the other week so he's pretty versatile.

Pity we don't still have Halatau :(

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
True Trafford10 - question is what do we do now?
Many on here see him as a centre - if so he is a very expensive one.
Can't see him handling the D as a 9.
So what have we got?

Compared to Hunt, Corey, Pearce etc etc - Mbye is NOT a 7.

IF we get a 7 he becomes 6?
Reynolds?

Mbye's defence is soft - arm grabber, and he does not play from heart - when was the last time he took our breath away in attack OR D?

On another old song - Williams - even JT was quoted as saying 'I was on T-Rex right shoulder and he could have hurt me, but somehow the old legs got me through.'

Thats code for the guy didn't even have a go - 120kg arm grabber.
Take a look at the footage - Williams doesn't give a f... about the team.

Gee its JT - you'd reckon the boys were told don't take your eye off him, no dummies and make sure he gets whacked a few times.
Two Cowboys games: First one Tolman and Mbye let him in. Then he threw that ball out to the winger.
Second game it was Williams and Fualalo (Think it was Fualalo).

Soft.
Hmmmm.....yeah I don't really know, it's a head scratcher.

Maybe fullback he is quick and has a good passing game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
this is your dream team for next year?? will Lichaa in there, and LP on the bench?? what are you on tonight?? if lichaa stays hooker next year we cant win, simple, it was like hodko at halfback, no chance and proven
i think dream team is a loose term, he's merely choosing based on what we have at our disposal, not who we 'could' get.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Weve been just making up the numbers since the start of 2013

The main issue is theres been little to no Improvement for 4 full full seasons and the same issues remain unaddressed year in year out including the attacking style and a lack of talent in our spine especially at halfback & fullback

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Mbyes post game smirks to Freddy is infuriating. He seems more interested in being articulate in the post match interview then he is at having an impact on the field. Stop thinking about your media career after footy and start playing like you know what you're doing ffs.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des had a golden opportunity to affirm his so called title of SuperCoach in the Cowboys rematch at our spiritual home ground... What strategy did he use, the same f##king one he's used for 24 rounds! I am bewildered on how we are still using completion rates as a legitimate excuse??
Des, get it into your noggin that to score points against strong defences, you need to try something different or have a game plan that works against specific teams...sometimes that means you make errors, but it also means creating scoring opportunities so it goes both ways. Holding the football alone just looks good on the stat sheet, it does not buy you 20+ points. Wake the hell up!!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye is not the problem. Hasler gave him 800k a season because he must be following his gameplan. If Hasler wasn't happy with him he would've got rid of him.

Reactions: GDR

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand.....look at what Des did with DCE, Foran, Brett Stewart, Watmough....why cant he do that with us?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont understand.....look at what Des did with DCE, Foran, Brett Stewart, Watmough....why cant he do that with us?

look at what Des did to Ennis, he made him Dally M hooker of the year.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weve been just making up the numbers since the start of 2013

The main issue is theres been little to no Improvement for 4 full full seasons and the same issues remain unaddressed year in year out including the attacking style and a lack of talent in our spine especially at halfback & fullback
Spot on mate - since 2014 we are a yearly 'also ran'.
We finish about 5th to 7th every year - pulled off a bit of a miracle in 2014 and got to the GF but were an exhausted spent force when we got there.

2016 is a re-run of 2015. Again we will finish 6 /7. (yes we are at 6's and 7's).
Stumbling along - 2 to 4 point wins over average teams - a rare big win.

Reckon we would have been in more Golden Point wins in the past two years than all the other teams out together.
We do not flow - we stumble.

Time we got out of denial. It DES'nt work!
Which ever way you cut it OR intellectualise it.

The club is stable, the team is stable (most of the guys were there in 2012 and 2014 GF), yet we have a spine that just does not hold a candle to any of the top 4.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The fact is we have not improved since 2012, I feel our team has regressed and our players are playing like robots.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If Des is under fire then he is dug in

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's obvious that regardless of the amount of frustration and criticism coming from fans and members that a) Des won't change and b) those higher in the club won't try and make him change.

Gone are the days when you would be entertained by the team and it's footy. Today most games are spent in a frustrated rage trying to understand why the team can't do what it's capable of doing. Add to that the frustration of listening to the brain dead commentary and the poor standard of refereeing and there's a life experience that you would be better off without, for your sanity's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.