we desperately need a half back for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Sam Williams?

He's behind the Raiders halves (no shame there) but he's a good organiser and he is a good half.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What experiment? You do understand he is not being asked to play like a halfback yh? If Des wanted halfback he would of bought one. Instead he blew money on his precious forwards. Bringing in a actual halfback won't change shit.
It will change something. The halfback we buy will change to another invisible man on the field. Or transform into a forward.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What experiment? You do understand he is not being asked to play like a halfback yh? If Des wanted halfback he would of bought one. Instead he blew money on his precious forwards. Bringing in a actual halfback won't change shit.
C'mon brotha, did he even have a run tonight? The structure is not his fault, I agree, but have a run with the ball and threaten the line. DO SOMETHING

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best half back in the world would struggle under this structure

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
C'mon brotha, did he even have a run tonight? The structure is not his fault, I agree, but have a run with the ball and threaten the line. DO SOMETHING
He took 1 run from memory and got pushed back a few metres. No suprise as that is what usually happens when a half runs with 0 support around him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mbye will make a killer fullback. Fast, can pass, average kicking game. Could be our own Lachlan Coote
He basically plays the a similar role as Coote already. Coote plays left edge for cowboys (moses) Morgan on the right (Reynolds) and JT through the middle third (our fucking props).

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wouldn't matter who we have with the structures we play at moment. Even Thurston would struggle, well maybe not.

But you have a look at the top halves... they generally have attacks with multiple runners attacking the line at varying angles, just a matter of passing to the right runner (ok, oversimplification).

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not a new hb we need
It's a fcuking new coachhhhh
Mbye would be a freak under Bellamy or Stuart

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It wouldn't matter who we have with the structures we play at moment. Even Thurston would struggle, well maybe not.

But you have a look at the top halves... they generally have attacks with multiple runners attacking the line at varying angles, just a matter of passing to the right runner (ok, oversimplification).
No way. JT, Cronk or a Foran would still look class under these structures, they are just better in every way. I like Mbye but he goes missing for a guy who is supposedly calling the shots, his words.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way. JT, Cronk or a Foran would still look class under these structures, they are just better in every way. I like Mbye but he goes missing for a guy who is supposedly calling the shots, his words.
Not doubting their class, they truly are a cut above the rest. I just think that having runners on multiple vectors makes a half's job that much easier.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not a new hb we need
It's a fcuking new coachhhhh
Mbye would be a freak under Bellamy or Stuart
Yeah but that's not an option is it for next season?
Des is not getting the sack.
Look at the game tonight.
We need a kicking game and be much more organized in attack.
Mybe is a good ball runner but he lacks what we need as a halfback.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but that's not an option is it for next season?
Des is not getting the sack.
Look at the game tonight.
We need a kicking game and be much more organized in attack.
Mybe is a good ball runner but he lacks what we need as a halfback.
What happened to the top 4 or be sacked info from earlier on in the year???

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not doubting their class, they truly are a cut above the rest. I just think that having runners on multiple vectors makes a half's job that much easier.
Yeah no doubt. Im just saying that if we pop a top half in these structures and they would do better job, even though the structures are shit house. Some people on here hammer him to hard and others give him a pass because of our "structures", I think it's somewhere in the middle.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah no doubt. Im just saying that if we pop a top half in these structures and they would do better job, even though the structures are shit house. Some people on here hammer him to hard and others give him a pass because of our "structures", I think it's somewhere in the middle.
True.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He seems to go missing in the big high pressure games. Even though the structures that everyone hates are toilet, why is it that Josh managed to have 10 runs while Moses only had 3? Its because he is always trying something, even though his talent is way down, compared to Moses, he is still trying something. While Moses seems to sit back and just lets things unfold, even though he has said he calls the shots.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye will make a killer fullback. Fast, can pass, average kicking game. Could be our own Lachlan Coote
Maybe, I just have nightmares already thinking about him under the high ball though! Hopoate is bad enough!

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a new ceo
we need new board members
we need a new coach
we need fresh new players in key positions
we need a new head conditioner

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Throw the chequebook at Kieran Foran...

If he's not in Blue & White in 2017, we have no chance.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best 2018 teams( because there are halves coming of contract )

1. Mybe
2. Brett
3. Josh
4. Brenko
5. Edrick lee/Mead( Gold Coast don't want him )
6. Reynolds ( plays with pride love him )
7. Pearce/Adam Reynolds/ ash Taylor/ Shaun Johnston
8. Klemmer
9. Andrew mcoholloh( lol )/ Damien cook
10. Jame graham
11. Jackson
12. Rfm
13. Eastwood

14. Kasiano
15. Danny fualalo
16. Aspeli( can play centre, wing and second row. Very versatile )
17. Adam Eliot ( he will improve )

Also we need better bench rotation. Somethings like this

20-25 minute mark kasiano takes graham of. And fualalo takes Eastwood of.
45-50 minute mark aspeli come on for rfm. And kasiano comes of for Graham
60- 65 minute mark Elliot takes fualalo of. And Eastwood takes klemmer of
70 minute mark kasiano takes graham of.
75 minute mark klemmer takes Eastwood of.

Lol I'm in a rush so I rushed that it probably doesent even makes cence.

Status
Not open for further replies.