Strongest 2017 Team Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There's a reason why these guys are at the Titans........... Good players find good clubs, simple!

Belmore4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs 2017 lineup

1.Brad Abbey

2.Jarrod Mcinally (if Rona leaves)

3.Josh Morris

4.Will hoppate

5.Brett Morris

6.Moses Mbye

7.Kerien Foran (if he comes) (c)

8.David Klemmer

9.Michael Lichaa

10.James Graham

11.Josh Jackson

12.Ramond Faitala Marina

13.Danny Fualalo

Interchange:

14.Sam Kasiano

16.Aiden Tolman

15.Greg Eastwood

18.Tony Willeams

Possible edits:

4.Kerrod Holland

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Abbey would need a whole season on the wing first, his defence still isn't there yet from what others are saying.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think Mead is better than Lolohea and Holmes??? :/
No I think it will break the bank going after Lolohea and Holmes. Meads good, very underrated hey.. would be a good buy.

But I don't think we need anyone in my opinion. We might see this next yr if were lucky.

Abbey
Moz
Moz
Hop
Lee

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I think it will break the bank going after Lolohea and Holmes. Meads good, very underrated hey.. would be a good buy.

But I don't think we need anyone in my opinion. We might see this next yr if were lucky.

Abbey
Moz
Moz
Hop
Lee
As much as i would like to see abbey crack first grade. Unless he bulks up (im talking 5kg of muscle minimum) i don't see him physically being able to handle the intensity

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as i would like to see abbey crack first grade. Unless he bulks up (im talking 5kg of muscle minimum) i don't see him physically being able to handle the intensity
Yeah I know, but he must get a run next yr, like must or that's a joke.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Honestly I prefer Morris at fullback over Hoppa but Hoppa has been decent enough at fullback and Morris on the wing is one of our best weapons. We move Morris from the wing we stop scoring tries.
Im willing to weaken the left wing spot, in order to strengthen fullback. Rona was a pretty good finisher when he played there anyway. Morris is a weapon and needs to be unleashed.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Adam Elliot...I call him Adam idiot. His big but no brains. Doesn't realise his potential..dogs need some zip out wide.. The backs are all carrying to much weight..and sorry to say this but perret doesn't offer much anymore
Elliot can provide zip in the forwards... he is pretty small. Just looking at him, he looks a little smaller than Jackson.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im willing to weaken the left wing spot, in order to strengthen fullback. Rona was a pretty good finisher when he played there anyway. Morris is a weapon and needs to be unleashed.
After the last game I think I have to agree. Move Morris back to fullback, Hoppa to centre and Rona back to the wing. Rona is pretty much non-existent now and if we make the grand final it'll be a lot easier bringing in Holland to replace Hoppa in the centres than moving the whole team around to replace Hoppa.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After the last game I think I have to agree. Move Morris back to fullback, Hoppa to centre and Rona back to the wing. Rona is pretty much non-existent now and if we make the grand final it'll be a lot easier bringing in Holland to replace Hoppa in the centres than moving the whole team around to replace Hoppa.
Considering the salary cap, and many other scenarios, the possible team we could have...
B. MORRIS
B. LEE / MEAD
C. RONA
W. HOPOATE
S. PERRETT
M. MBYE
K. FORAN
G. EASTWOOD
J. JACKSON
J. MORRIS
A. TOLMAN
M. LICHAA
D. KLEMMER

J. REYNOLDS
J. GRAHAM
S. KASIANO
T.WILLIAMS / RTM

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Perrett, Rona and probably Williams gone and Foran looking like a done deal I think the team below is our best for 2017
Brad Abbey
Brett Morris
Josh Morris
Moses Mybe / Holland
William Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Josh Cleeland
Aiden Tolman
Josh Reynolds
James Graham
David Klemmer
Greg Eastwood
Josh Jackson
RESERVES
Sam Kasiano
Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Danny Fualalo
Lloyd Perrett / Fine

If Abbey's not ready for first grade by 2017 then we should never have bought him. Hopa 's a decent fullback but not great and too slow in defence. Abbey's fast and also a decent back-up goalkicker. As Josh Reynolds admitted in a recent article on the Dogs site he and Moses aint team organiser type players and never were when coming up through the grades. Moses has more experience at centre and I've always thought Josh were more a hooker type similar to Michael Ennis. Lichaa is average unfortunately. Maybe we could still play Lichaa for the first 30 then bring on Josh at hooker for more impact (as T-Rex won't be there next year). Josh was a bit of a live-wire when he was coming off the bench for us last year. Cleeland is worth a try at half. If you watch his highlights package he's an experienced playmaker and keen to run the ball himself like Foran. 2 playmakers "finally" would give us so many more options in attack and make better use of our forwards in attack. Our current halves don't ask for or get the ball enough. They need to seek out more ball. Foran and Cleeland wouldn't be so shy. We should really have kept Rona rather than paying overs to Eastwood. Out of the 2 who do we need more - another average forward or a tall fast back who can score tries off most half chances ?

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ill put a poss 2017 team fwd when 2016 finishes....though agree w comment on abbey

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They havent paid Mbye 600K+ to play centre
Brad Abbey ( If not ready then Hoppa )
Brett Morris
John Morris
William Hopoate ( Holland if Hoppas FB )
Brenko Lee
Mbye
Kieran Foran - he will be here

The rest pretty settled

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They havent paid Mbye 600K+ to play centre
Brad Abbey ( If not ready then Hoppa )
Brett Morris
John Morris
William Hopoate ( Holland if Hoppas FB )
Brenko Lee
Mbye
Kieran Foran - he will be here

The rest pretty settled
Agree G Dog but have we overpaid for Mbye?
Also think his D is suspect - think he misses a lot but don't know the stats. But he has a good passing game.
Hoppa in the centres not Holland.
Fb??

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1.Mybe( not putting a dam player payed 600k plus at center ) hoppa is to slow
2.Brett
3.Josh( Miss when he used to be fast )
4.Brenko
5 Hoppa?( I think Brenko is better at center )
Might need to move j moz to this side if the defence remains horrible on that side.
6. Reynolds/ mybe/ cleeland
7. Foran
8. Tolman( wish we would sack him...)
9. Cleeland( Cleveland plays half a match lichaa plays the other half? )
10. Graham
11. Jackson
12. Eastwood/ RFM
13. Klemmer

14. Kasiano
15. T-Rex( if he stays if not rfm or Eastwood or aspeli )
16. Fualalo
17. Lichaa( maybe start lichaa don't know

Don't want Brad in first grade. He isn't ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.