Pokemon Go WTF is it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yep. It uses the GPS and the GPS won't work without location services turned on. It also records where you caught each Pokemon. It's all part of Google's long term goal of controlling the world.
I give google, the 1-finger solute... this is one persons information they're not going to get ;)

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I give google, the 1-finger solute... this is one persons information they're not going to get ;)
Do you remember back in the day when Google was like a last resort search engine?
There used to be a time where I would use tucows before Google.
Now kids don't know what tucows or alta vista is?
What about askjeeves.com? Does that shit still exist?

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm so glad my version of android is too old to download it and my phone doesn't have enough space for the updated android so I am not going to be a sheep like every other idiot in the universe. I'll keep my fond memories of Pokemon when I had Pokemon gold on Gameboy.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Netscape? Pretty sure that's older than most of the recent generation put together :tearsofjoy:
I loved Netscape.. Apparently the kid who networked and help code Netscape went on to found Firefox?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh ok well news.com.au reported it was Google.
I don't know? We just go off what we read and think we know everything don't we?
Yeah, it's a bit confusing. The actual people effected were iOS people logged into their google account on their iphone. The reason for this is that Pokemon Go uses Google maps and the developers of Pokemon Go were a subsidiary of Google. As iOS uses Apple instead of Google to sync everything they needed access to your Google account to sync everything up and access the maps. Problem is that it was a very loose link that allowed too much access to the app.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved Netscape.. Apparently the kid who networked and help code Netscape went on to found Firefox?
And Microsoft basically stole the Netscape technology to make Internet Explorer.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I don't think that was the case, but I know there was an element or code or something within the Netscape programming that was used in Firefox that has since become in the norm in other browsers such as Chrome, Opera, Safari and even IE.

Unofficially, Firefox was the successor to Netscape.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that was the case, but I know there was an element or code or something within the Netscape programming that was used in Firefox that has since become in the norm in other browsers such as Chrome, Opera, Safari and even IE.

Unofficially, Firefox was the successor to Netscape.
It was the best thing that happened to the internet before chrome came in and tore it apart.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Firefox you mean - yes. I still use it at home. It's got a few good add-ons that Chrome doesn't have and runs just as fast as it. Also, you have more control over things with Firefox and is less complex to use.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firefox you mean - yes. I still use it at home. It's got a few good add-ons that Chrome doesn't have and runs just as fast as it. Also, you have more control over things with Firefox and is less complex to use.
Firefox I found overtime is not compatible with many things. For instance when theres certain pop ups required to visit certain sites and etc they don't work well with firefox. Chrome is fast and reliable and really simple to use too.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So this thing is really taking off. someone let off a reward things on one of the pokestops that is in the park right under our window at about 8:30pm last night and about 3 cars and 12 people from around the neighbourhood turned up within a couple of minutes to get free Pokemon. The cars were mainly parents driving their kids to the spot to collect Pokemon.

Wow

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So this thing is really taking off. someone let off a reward things on one of the pokestops that is in the park right under our window at about 8:30pm last night and about 3 cars and 12 people from around the neighbourhood turned up within a couple of minutes to get free Pokemon. The cars were mainly parents driving their kids to the spot to collect Pokemon.

Wow
Parents secretly went for themselves aye

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Parents secretly went for themselves aye
For sure.. No ones driving their kids around at 8:30 at night in the middle of winter to random parks just because they are good parents.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You filthy Brits who are playing when you shouldn't are the reason Pokemon is broken :(
LOL I'm not British!

You're looking at this wrong. It's because of all the Aussies living and breathing Pokemon right now, no one else in the world can play it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently there's a gym at the 9/11 memorial in America. Someone captured it and put a Pokemon there named "Jet Fuel"

Status
Not open for further replies.