Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
never watch 9 since i have foxtel HD...but seriously already know the commentators are biased and the game is rigged...
32 mins to get a penalty against the roosters? really?
pearce shoulder charge (contact with the head on bmoz) no penalty? ok....
then we get 3-4 penalties within 5 mins...
then 2nd half...roosters get 4 in a row...
there is no consistency...the refs try to level penalties up and pick and choose when they want to penalise players...
another example..... Roosters players trying to play the ball quickly...stepping off the mark... and then dogs penalised...
rona tries to do the same thing...he is called back to the mark to play the ball again...
there is absolutely no consistency and the more games i watch...the more i think its rigged...

lets go to the bunker to check ronas try...just want to see if he put his hand on the deadball line.... REALLY???

ffs its so obvious sometimes!!! RANT OVER
Maria Hargreaves never played the ball legally at any time during the match. Not pulled up once....

Reactions: DT

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
never watch 9 since i have foxtel HD...but seriously already know the commentators are biased and the game is rigged...
32 mins to get a penalty against the roosters? really?
pearce shoulder charge (contact with the head on bmoz) no penalty? ok....
then we get 3-4 penalties within 5 mins...
then 2nd half...roosters get 4 in a row...
there is no consistency...the refs try to level penalties up and pick and choose when they want to penalise players...
another example..... Roosters players trying to play the ball quickly...stepping off the mark... and then dogs penalised...
rona tries to do the same thing...he is called back to the mark to play the ball again...
there is absolutely no consistency and the more games i watch...the more i think its rigged...

lets go to the bunker to check ronas try...just want to see if he put his hand on the deadball line.... REALLY???

ffs its so obvious sometimes!!! RANT OVER
What about checking the "driver" in Jacko's try. What bloody driver....

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Looked like a freak show. Even the lebbos in background looked creeped out were unsure as to whether they should play along lol.
I don't know why they would've been freaked out. I would've put my arm around that blokes shoulder and said the William Wallace "Freedom" speech with him lol. What an absolute character. Loves the game, loves the team, lifts the mood, and goes for some fun. Spectacular.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Re: Press conference audio

Sent: Friday, 1 July 2016 5:04 PM
To: NRL Feedback
Subject: Press conference audio

Hi front desk,

I really appreciate accessing video post-match, especially hearing from the coaches in the press conference.
Why does it remain impossible to detect audible questions from the media ?
Surely this is valuable insight as it frames the answer/response by the coaches, yet viewers are rarely privy to hearing gallery audio.
$2 million dollar bunker, mic’d up referees, ref-cam etc…. Get a wriggle on with the press conference delivery to the fans, it can’t be that difficult !

~claire
(yes I’m a ticketed club member).

Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 3:25 PM
To: Claire
Subject: RE: Press conference audio Incident No#:A0V2VNC

Hi Claire,
Thanks for your email.
Given the number of journalists at theses post-match interviews and the different positions they stand in, it is difficult for Fox Sports to provide audio across the entire room.
It is also difficult due to the challenges of a competitive media environment.
In saying that we are always looking to make improvements and we will certainly take your comments on board.
Thanks again for writing to us and for your passionate support of the game.

Kind regards
Robert

Supporter Liaisom

~c.
Good question.
Lol. Supporter liaisom ?

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice to see an entire thread on this.

The bias was rank. You could just tell by their tone of voice when Roosters were leading with 2 tries, the excitement was real.

As soon as the Dogs came back, you would think somebody had been stretchered off with a broken neck.

What else do you expect with a Cock-filled commentary box - plus Johns who had been coaching them all week.

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Channel 9 has been a pro Roosters channel for a very longtime..

Ex Channel 9 Boss Gyngell was on Roosters board

Gus Gould - best mates with Politis & former rooster coach
Brad Fittler - former Roosters captain
Finch - ex roosters player (got beaten in 04 GF)
Andrew Johns - Current halves coach at Roosters
Yep, all of them root for the Roosters.
Yes. I believe all three of them were seen crying behind the northern stand after the game.
Lol, yea.
I can picture it now. Joey behind the stands getting "spit roasted" by Pearce and Hargreaves. Crying and sobbing "sorry" at the end of every upstroke.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pearce was the best on field lol

But yes the commentary is appauling

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What I liked about channel 9 the best... before, during and after the game, they said a win for the Bulldogs will temporarily get them into the top 4.

End of the round... we remain in the top 4 :grinning:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad we won tonight so I can make this thread and not be accused of sour grapes.

How many times did every single Canterbury player fuck every channel 9 employee?

The coke head, fat slug and lol finch could not stop riding Caesar Milan's dick. Man of the match in a losing side? Fuck off. Talk about saving face. Can't give MOTM to anyone else except the guy whos dick they were riding like it was a ride at Disneyland since before kick off...

No mention of the 4 day turn around once. It's a valid excuse for every other team that have it but no not Canterbury.

Reynolds kicks the ball dead with about a minute to go and that fat **** puts shit on him. "wrong option". If that hairy **** Cameron Smith did the exact same thing, that fat fuck who clearly needs to wipe the dandruff from his suit would be lubed up and on all fours. "OH MY GOD! ABSOLUTE GENIUS! CONTROLLING THE GAME! HARDER, DADDY! DEEPER!"

And could all of them been more depressed after the game? Roosters bombed this, Mitchell Pearce that...

Roosters were in seventh gear, Canterbury were in second gear and the Roosters still lost. The fuck does that tell you?

Is there anything lower than mute?
They all had cash on the Roosters, that simple.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pearce was the best on field lol

But yes the commentary is appauling
With the exception Ray Warren and Peter Sterling, the rest are shockers.. We have to endure a Bronco jizz-fest when Lockyer, Wally and co do the Bronco games and for Sydney games, it's Fittler, Johns and Gus Gould that have smacked their wages on one of the teams and their respective comments are telegraphed accordingly. Fox Sports have a really good commentary team.. They call it as they see it.

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@K E .. this has been one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on here....add to that there's almost complete agreement among Kennel posters that there is strong bias against us at every option by across the entire gamut of media/commentators.

I think I laughed most when @rissolerob referred to Ghould as Puss Gould lmfao ... thank you !!! I'm not sure why, but I find it hilarious !!!

Great thread folks, wonderful contributions from all!

~c.
I call him Puss Gould because the quicker he is "squeezed out" the better off we will all be.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unreal, isn't it! ~20 mins to reply on a Friday afternoon....incredible.
> Sent to the Bunker for review :expressionless:

~c.
Must have been drinks night, lol. If it had been sent to the bunker for determination we would still be waiting for an informed answer. :grinning:

In hindsight though, I am surprised that you didn't lose them when you stated "Surely this is valuable insight as it frames the answer/response by the coaches, yet viewers are rarely privy to hearing gallery audio."

They normally run a mile when anything to do with coaches answers/responses is mentioned, so will now probably ensure that the coaches replies are muted too in case they say anything that is remotely critical.That is what he may have meant by "In saying that we are always looking to make improvements and we will certainly take your comments on board"

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any other half/player would have done the exact same thing. If Abu Lassie did it, there would have been a jizz tsunami originating from Moore Park...
Jizz tsunami...funniest line I've ever seen on the net...lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm glad we won tonight so I can make this thread and not be accused of sour grapes.

How many times did every single Canterbury player fuck every channel 9 employee?

The coke head, fat slug and lol finch could not stop riding Caesar Milan's dick. Man of the match in a losing side? Fuck off. Talk about saving face. Can't give MOTM to anyone else except the guy whos dick they were riding like it was a ride at Disneyland since before kick off...

No mention of the 4 day turn around once. It's a valid excuse for every other team that have it but no not Canterbury.

Reynolds kicks the ball dead with about a minute to go and that fat **** puts shit on him. "wrong option". If that hairy **** Cameron Smith did the exact same thing, that fat fuck who clearly needs to wipe the dandruff from his suit would be lubed up and on all fours. "OH MY GOD! ABSOLUTE GENIUS! CONTROLLING THE GAME! HARDER, DADDY! DEEPER!"

And could all of them been more depressed after the game? Roosters bombed this, Mitchell Pearce that...

Roosters were in seventh gear, Canterbury were in second gear and the Roosters still lost. The fuck does that tell you?

Is there anything lower than mute?
Wtf? Who commentates of channel 9 now?
Btw why did channel 9 get rid of Andrew Voss? He wasn't the best commentator but he seemed like an expert compared to the rest of channel 9?
Did Vossy put Warren Smith out of a job? Both those guys are carbon copies of each other!
Like Preston Vogul and Owen Burnett.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
As bad as channel 9 commentary sounded I didn't think foxtel was much better. However I can't remember any games for that matter were we highly spoken about. In saying that blocker roach the new guy on fox seems to like the dogs hasn't said a bad word.
Steve Roach is awesome, just calls the game how he sees it.
He was too good for channel 9.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Wtf? Who commentates of channel 9 now?
Btw why did channel 9 get rid of Andrew Voss? He wasn't the best commentator but he seemed like an expert compared to the rest of channel 9?
Did Vossy put Warren Smith out of a job? Both those guys are carbon copies of each other!
Like Preston Vogul and Owen Burnett.
I think Voss got into a big stink with Ray Hadley over comments he made about the Ray Warren statue that Hadley help create not looking like Ray Warren and Hadley then made sure his life was hell at 9 with his high up contacts.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TBH

There is only 1 thing more annoying than the majority of 9's commentators..

KE and his incessant whistling at games >:(

Status
Not open for further replies.