Members day 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Took the kids, anyone else dissapointed...i mean go out to Belmore today?
Your opinions please.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I didn't go , how was it apparently there is a lot of prizes to give away.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly i felt like a scab, maybe everyone had a great time but it felt forced by the club, waited for 45 min with my daughter to get face paint, my son waited for almost an hour to see morris twins then we were told players are leaving. Prizes included t shirt gun for about 5 min twitter post prizes not sure how it worked.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Honestly i felt like a scab, maybe everyone had a great time but it felt forced by the club, waited for 45 min with my daughter to get face paint, my son waited for almost an hour to see morris twins then we were told players are leaving. Prizes included t shirt gun for about 5 min twitter post prizes not sure how it worked.

I guess a lot of people would have felt disappointment, but we went and had a good time. Got our passports stamped and entered the social media competitions for signed jerseys, framed and signed items, 80th anniversary match footballs, much more and had the opportunity to chat to past players ( Baa, Barry Nelson, Matt Utai, Hazem, John and Adam Peek) , kicking with Hazem and footy skills clinics. Kids had a ball leading cheers with the sapphires, posing for photos with the mascots Brutus and Bella ( didn't see MP there though) having photos with Belmore the Bulldog( the live one). Free hats for the first 100 in the line at one of the many tents( special edition spray painted ones) we missed out on that but so did many others, just the luck of the draw. Merchandise for sale and club sponsors handouts.

I think that maybe to prevent people missing out on getting autographs it should be enforced that people cannot pose for multiple photos with players, chat with them for a few minutes and have four jerseys signed like some did. The players were spread out in groups of three and did the best they could. I did not get to see all of the players for autographs, so will get those at another time. Prior to the signings the players chatted on stage for 20 minutes, plenty of photo opportunities of the players there in my opinion.

Fan days would have to be six hours long to accommodate everyone and it must be mentioned that prior to the players walking onto the park they had had a training session.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Yep, I know what you mean, we got to meet Rona and Mybe and they were short lines, then waited for the bupa twins, but after that had no time left, dont know how anybody was able to meet more than maybe 4 players. Feels like the members day is getting smaller and smaller, i dont know.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I guess a lot of people would have felt disappointment, but we went and had a good time. Got our passports stamped and entered the social media competitions for signed jerseys, framed and signed items, 80th anniversary match footballs, much more and had the opportunity to chat to past players ( Baa, Barry Nelson, Matt Utai, Hazem, John and Adam Peek) , kicking with Hazem and footy skills clinics. Kids had a ball leading cheers with the sapphires, posing for photos with the mascots Brutus and Bella ( didn't see MP there though) having photos with Belmore the Bulldog( the live one). Free hats for the first 100 in the line at one of the many tents( special edition spray painted ones) we missed out on that but so did many others, just the luck of the draw. Merchandise for sale and club sponsors handouts.

I think that maybe to prevent people missing out on getting autographs it should be enforced that people cannot pose for multiple photos with players, chat with them for a few minutes and have four jerseys signed like some did. The players were spread out in groups of three and did the best they could. I did not get to see all of the players for autographs, so will get those at another time. Prior to the signings the players chatted on stage for 20 minutes, plenty of photo opportunities of the players there in my opinion.

Fan days would have to be six hours long to accommodate everyone and it must be mentioned that prior to the players walking onto the park they had had a training session.
Sounds like you guys had a awesome day, just seemed like everyone infront of us had 8 jerseys and multi kodak moments thst dragged on.
Good luck in all your entered competitions.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a awesome day, just seemed like everyone infront of us had 8 jerseys and multi kodak moments thst dragged on.
Good luck in all your entered competitions.
I agree with you comment regarding photos and jerseys, that is what took up a lot of time and kept the lines moving slowly.

We did have some luck. My daughter won an 80th anniversary football and was able to get it signed by most players. She was so happy and God bless her she gave it to her father for his games room as his birthday is coming up soon. So proud of her.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with you comment regarding photos and jerseys, that is what took up a lot of time and kept the lines moving slowly.

We did have some luck. My daughter won an 80th anniversary football and was able to get it signed by most players. She was so happy and God bless her she gave it to her father for his games room as his birthday is coming up soon. So proud of her.
Thats brilliant, congrats to the young lady on a new show piece. Giving it to her dad for his birthday..What a gem.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Members day can leave you feeling like you are part of a refugee camp being sent around in a circle being given your rations for the week.

I definitely know what you mean when you say it feels like these Members days are "forced". It would only be getting worse with the growing fanbase we have.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is there a junior fan day today? Saw something on FB briefly .. When I looked into it, no times were given or much detail

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hold it on Election Day... really smart *rolls eyes*.... but I expect nothing less from the club.
Maybe. But there is something on somewhere every weekend, plus this week the team played on Thursday in Sydney so weren't traveling over the weekend.

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe. But there is something on somewhere every weekend, plus this week the team played on Thursday in Sydney so weren't traveling over the weekend.
Correct. Not sure when the election was called but I'm sure the club would of locked in and started preparing for this day way before.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't bother this year after the debacle of last year's members day. The players were I think an hour late. Then they sat them at a long table. The workers pretty much said no photos, no talking, only get stuff signed, and to do it quick. Was an absolute joke tbh.

The best one was the Xmas party I think in 2012. They had it on the Peter Moore fields behind the stadium. The players came out, chatted on stage. Then dispersed around the Oval. Each player had a line. Manages to get to all the players through the night. At the end of the night we hung around and although most members had left. Most players were still there and I managed to have a decent Chat with Ennis and Trex.

Since then they have progressively gotten worse. And as I said I didn't bother this year after last year's piss poor effort.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't bother this year after the debacle of last year's members day. The players were I think an hour late. Then they sat them at a long table. The workers pretty much said no photos, no talking, only get stuff signed, and to do it quick. Was an absolute joke tbh.

The best one was the Xmas party I think in 2012. They had it on the Peter Moore fields behind the stadium. The players came out, chatted on stage. Then dispersed around the Oval. Each player had a line. Manages to get to all the players through the night. At the end of the night we hung around and although most members had left. Most players were still there and I managed to have a decent Chat with Ennis and Trex.

Since then they have progressively gotten worse. And as I said I didn't bother this year after last year's piss poor effort.
Didn't go last year but I heard same from a lot of people.

Not one of the biggest turnouts to a fan day last weekend but still huge waits to get an autograph. Realistically it would have to be an all day thing to keep everyone happy and I guess in the limited time available for autographs etc. always going to be a massive ( impossible) effort to see them all. There was a least a good effort to keep the kids entertained with quite a bit to do and some giveaways. Problem is a lot of people 'save' places in the lines for their mates creating a bit of discontent to those who have been waiting for a while, some want heaps of stuff signed and photos too and that is what takes the time. I am a patient person so I just waited and did my best.

Players trained before the event and then had a half hour session with the Platinum members in the Captain's club about 12pm; then about the same time on stage then to tables for autographs.

I remember the one in PM fields but also one at ANZ where the players were seated along a massive table, Matty Utai was there "drinking a bag of twisties" so it would have been pre 2009.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
they need to make it a Simpletom free zone

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there a junior fan day today? Saw something on FB briefly .. When I looked into it, no times were given or much detail
Junior members clinic was on today, my son , daughter and wife went, sadly i had to work.
What i can tell you is they had an absolute ball, wife was sending me photos all day. They split the kids up into age groups which was great, players all relaxed no pressure talking and playing with all the kiddies, w
Couple of funny moments when moses was asking the kids who there fav player was not one said his name, he then remarked " oh ok local boy i get it no one else is goid enough for you kids", just relaxed atmosphere where they all had a laugh. Nothing serious. I liked hearing also that the players got dragged away rather then them wanting to leave. Reynolds twins and trex didnt want to leave. Seemed they where having to much fun.....just wished i was there to see that.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Junior members clinic was on today, my son , daughter and wife went, sadly i had to work.
What i can tell you is they had an absolute ball, wife was sending me photos all day. They split the kids up into age groups which was great, players all relaxed no pressure talking and playing with all the kiddies, w
Couple of funny moments when moses was asking the kids who there fav player was not one said his name, he then remarked " oh ok local boy i get it no one else is goid enough for you kids", just relaxed atmosphere where they all had a laugh. Nothing serious. I liked hearing also that the players got dragged away rather then them wanting to leave. Reynolds twins and trex didnt want to leave. Seemed they where having to much fun.....just wished i was there to see that.
I am so pleased that the kids had a good time( sad you couldn't go because it sounds like you would have had fun too! :grinning:) , probably made up for the disappointment of the weekend fan day. I got the feeling that on the weekend too some of the guys did not want to go; Kerrod Holland for instance was still signing( on the run actually) well after the close of business was announced and T Rex and Jmoz too.

sillymaddog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Im so happy for them, it really brings me joy to know my son and daughter had such a great time. Im really excited to hear there stories.
I remember when i first met the players i was awe struck by lamb, mortimer, tunks and mcgrady.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just having a look at the slide show on the Dog's website for the Junior clinic and the players look so relaxed and happy; and the kids, well they obviously had a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.