Channel 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Round Of A-Paws

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foxsports isn't that great either. Gasnier and Voss were going on and on and on about the Jackson try with the latter bringing up Hazem's try in the 2004 GF, virtually citing it as the biggest blunder in Rugby League history.
Out of all people Brandy actually put both of them in their place.

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Maybe it's the beers I was drinking during the game, but I tend to tune out the commentary in my head as I think I'm so focused on the play itself. Plus I never watch half time discussion - I give the wife 10 minutes of attention (but I think she sees right through my attempts at sincerity).

But I do think rabs nowadays is just sad. And since he doesn't fly much anymore he will be doing Sydney teams mostly, which means we are more likely to be hearing him.
Ray Warren is seriously demented and continually goes off topic (waffles about rubbish that isn't even related to the game.
Jibberish the Hutt (Gould) retains his long held bias in favour of the Roosters and against the Dogs.
Brad Shittler can barely string two words together and seriously needs a full blooded bogan interpreter.
Finch is no better than Shittler.
Sterlo is pretty good generally . . . no Oxford scholar but makes sense and is quite fair and generally non-biased in his opinions.

The broadcast is also ruined by excessive hysterical advertising which also doesn't help. Channel Nine do the game more harm than good.

Reactions: GDR

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Haha yeah Gordan Tallis predicted an upset and then laughed and said he predicted all the roosters fans would be upset as the dogs will destroy the roosters.
That actually was funny

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Jibberish the Hutt (Gould) retains his long held bias in favour of the Roosters and against the Dogs.
Actually in regards to the Jackson try last night, Gus said how Lichaa helped Jackson ground the ball was perfectly legal.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ray Warren is seriously demented and continually goes off topic (waffles about rubbish that isn't even related to the game.
Brad Shittler can barely string two words together and seriously needs a full blooded bogan interpreter.
Finch is no better than Shittler.
Sterlo is pretty good generally . . . no Oxford scholar but makes sense and is quite fair and generally non-biased in his opinions.

The broadcast is also ruined by excessive hysterical advertising which also doesn't help. Channel Nine do the game more harm than good.

Ray Warren is so far past it and should of given up years ago obviously the gambling debts mounted up and he needs to keep going. Andrew Voss is awesome he is so passionate about his commentating he knows all the players and NRL news. Has a very strong understanding of how to capture an audience have not watched a 9 telecast all year

Wahesh

Reaction score
Foxsports isn't that great either. Gasnier and Voss were going on and on and on about the Jackson try with the latter bringing up Hazem's try in the 2004 GF, virtually citing it as the biggest blunder in Rugby League history.
Out of all people Brandy actually put both of them in their place.
Minichiello and Cross weren't actually restraining him. Fair try.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could get HD Foxtel so I didn't have to watch Channel 9. It is a punish.
Let me tell ya, Gasnier is just as bad as the druggy, the fat ****, the geriatric and the dickhead.
Christ knows what the Dogs did to Gasnier but he HATES us !!!
He jizzed his jeans whenever the Roosters did anything good to the point of embarrassment, the bloke is a full blown fucken **** !!!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A while back foxtel had an option where you could watch the game without commentary, just a crowd microphone. I wish they would bring that back.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He went on for a good 10 minutes about the guy who shoved cigarettes up his nose and ears. Clearly commentating the crowd!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Did anyone else see that guy in the crowd that was referred to as "BraveDog" (like Braveheart, but a dogs fan)? He even wore a kilt and had a speech ready as soon as he knew the camera was focused on him LOL. I love fans like that, they are a true blue as you get ;)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Let me tell ya, Gasnier is just as bad as the druggy, the fat ****, the geriatric and the dickhead.
Christ knows what the Dogs did to Gasnier but he HATES us !!!
He jizzed his jeans whenever the Roosters did anything good to the point of embarrassment, the bloke is a full blown fucken **** !!!!!
I'm guessing it was just because he was a shit player in general. His team could never beat us whenever he was in their lineup and they were playing us LOL. Sucked in!

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foxtel isn't any better than nine. Last week they had Andrew Voss, Blocker, Brent Tate & Kevin Walters.

If you listened to the commentary only you would have thought the Broncos were playing themselves.

We were barely mentioned. Very Biased

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In NZ we dont get a choice we have the Fox boys. TBH Anasta and Gaz give me the shits as much as some of those plonkers on nine, when they commentate on our games.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did anyone else see that guy in the crowd that was referred to as "BraveDog" (like Braveheart, but a dogs fan)? He even wore a kilt and had a speech ready as soon as he knew the camera was focused on him LOL. I love fans like that, they are a true blue as you get ;)
Yes he's always at the games in Anz, I got a photo with him and my son.

He didnt have a Scottish accent when we spoke to him. Top guy though

Status
Not open for further replies.