Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Some guy moved over on the train yesterday arvo to give me a seat cause he saw I was a nurse and thought I had been on my feet enough for the day! There are some advantages to being a nurse after all... Seats on an overcrowded train

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Some guy moved over on the train yesterday arvo to give me a seat cause he saw I was a nurse and thought I had been on my feet enough for the day! There are some advantages to being a nurse after all... Seats on an overcrowded train
After you sat down, did you tell him the truth about how you and the other nurses actually sat all day taking bets on how long you could make people wait in the ER before the first person flipped their shit after bleeding out for 3 hours?

Well maybe not where you work, but I assume that's what they do at Bankstown Hospital.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
It's ok if ur asian and you let out a big fart on a packed train. Must be normal in hong kong.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
It's ok if ur asian and you let out a big fart on a packed train. Must be normal in hong kong.
What's with azns and farting without a care in public?
I've heard that if you eat in a restaurant in South Korea and carelessly let one rip, you're telling the chef you enjoyed the meal?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What's with azns and farting without a care in public?
I've heard that if you eat in a restaurant in South Korea and carelessly let one rip, you're telling the chef you enjoyed the meal?
I heard the same thing about Indians and burping. Not taking the piss, LITERALLY, that's what someone I used to work with told me. I was disgusted.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I fart all the time in public. So what? Its just an effing fart. I'm not holding it in, risking personal injury for some precious princess who can't handle a bit of trouser trumpet.

And I'M criticised for being "PC".

Wahesh

Reaction score
I fart all the time in public. So what? Its just an effing fart. I'm not holding it in, risking personal injury for some precious princess who can't handle a bit of trouser trumpet.

And I'M criticised for being "PC".
PC?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"Politically correct".

All the cool kids on the kennel say that it is the spawn of the devil... until of course, its them being offended. But that's a story for another day.

I still stand by that if you need to fart, just bloody fart.

Wahesh

Reaction score
"Politically correct".

All the cool kids on the kennel say that it is the spawn of the devil... until of course, its them being offended. But that's a story for another day.

That reminds me...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That reminds me...

I also notice that the older a person gets, the less they seem to give a crap. My own mother, visiting for a while, is just letting them rip... of course, i'm in no position to criticise.

It's one of the perks of ageing i guess...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
"Politically correct".

I first heard a 39 year old refer to political correctness as PC.
He must be the coolest kid in school?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Why do trains always arrive late when it's freezing at the station and you just want to enter the warm air conditioned train???

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Seeing how out of place an uncoordinated these uni students look as they conduct themselves (mainly Asians studying to become doctah btw).
I look into the future and it scares me that one day my life maybe left in their hands?
FUCK, I better take care of myself!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Train was delayed at Central this morning due to a signal failure. How is it that in this day and age, in the 21st century, in 2016, signal failures STILL hold up trains? Surely their is enough technology available to have the signal system run wirelessly through mobile data service physically located in the drivers control panel as a backup right??

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Train was delayed at Central this morning due to a signal failure. How is it that in this day and age, in the 21st century, in 2016, signal failures STILL hold up trains? Surely their is enough technology available to have the signal system run wirelessly through mobile data service physically located in the drivers control panel as a backup right??
This sentence reminded me of an Aurora Borealis

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
This state is too busy spending the budget on other useless shit that we don't really need.

Wahesh

Reaction score
And you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled.