Holland - quicker than we all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id keep Holland at centre and Perrett is the one that has to make way
Thanks for the service Perrett, but with Hoppa , J&BMoz, Rona and Holland fit its NSW Cup time for Sam Perrett

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How would I know what ? That his kicking is suspect at best ? Have you watched him kick ? When he strikes a ball well it's great but the problem is it takes him 5 other kicks before he strikes it great.
I was talking about how you could possibly know that Roberts wasn't running at his PB

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was talking about how you could possibly know that Roberts wasn't running at his PB
He well might have been running at his PB but it's just my opinion that he wasn't because Perrett and Holland don't have the pace to get near him. He accelerated hard when he caught the intercept and eased up once he was over half way. It's just my opinion mate you're entitled to yours to.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He well might have been running at his PB but it's just my opinion that he wasn't because Perrett and Holland don't have the pace to get near him. He accelerated hard when he caught the intercept and eased up once he was over half way. It's just my opinion mate you're entitled to yours to.
It doesn't make sense to slow down if you are being chased so it would appear Perrett is pretty fast too.. I'm all for people writing their opinions but hate people putting random shit on our players

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to slow down if you are being chased so it would appear Perrett is pretty fast too.. I'm all for people writing their opinions but hate people putting random shit on our players
Yes it does because Roberts knew he had Perrett's and everyone else's measure and didn't bother going any harder. Are you seriously saying Perrett is up there with Roberts for pace ? Pull your head in that's not putting shit on a player.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think holland is good enough to stay but the only position vacant is Perrot's wing. I'm not saying Perrot's should go but he is the only one that could give way to keep our goal kicker in the team. Now in saying that he needs to improve his kicking a bit as although he is our best kicker he is not a great kicker as yet.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes it does because Roberts knew he had Perrett's and everyone else's measure and didn't bother going any harder. Are you seriously saying Perrett is up there with Roberts for pace ? Pull your head in that's not putting shit on a player.
Roberts was faster only because he was the first one off the blocks .
Perrett is a winger so chances are he's pretty fast too.. Your opinion is ridiculous .. thanks for the laugh

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roberts was faster because he was the first one off the blocks .
Perrett is a winger so chances are he's pretty fast too.. Your opinion is ridiculous .. Lol thanks for the laugh
Roberts had the ball too and was in cruise control. Honesty if you believe Perrett is even near Roberts speed I'm wasting time even talking to you about.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually Roberts isn't fast over 100m, just over initial 40. If you look at the way he delivers pace, it's always a burst of speed off the line that does the damage and holds other players at bay.

As compared to say Addo-Carr and Gela-Mosby, and a fit Bmoz who are quick over 100 AND off the mark.

GGM will do 100m in 10.95.
Addo-Carr is quick over 100m as well.
BMoz would definitely be up there over 100m as well.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roberts had the ball too and was in cruise control. Honesty if you believe Perrett is even near Roberts speed I'm wasting time even talking to you about.
im debating your claim that Roberts slowed down .. I re watched the highlights there is NO evidence to support this, in fact he was puffed out .. You're talkin shit

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually Roberts isn't fast over 100m, just over initial 40. If you look at the way he delivers pace, it's always a burst of speed off the line that does the damage and holds other players at bay.

As compared to say Addo-Carr and Gela-Mosby, and a fit Bmoz who are quick over 100 AND off the mark.

GGM will do 100m in 10.95.
Addo-Carr is quick over 100m as well.
BMoz would definitely be up there over 100m as well.
Same with Ben barba,
He is quick off the mark and elusive with his step,
But in a foot race over distance can get easily run down,

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
im debating your claim that Roberts slowed down .. I re watched the highlights there is NO evidence to support this, in fact he was puffed out .. You're talkin shit
Mate we aren't obviously going to agree on this. I stand by that I think he slowed down you don't. Have a good one and go the dogs.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate we aren't obviously going to agree on this. I stand by that I think he slowed down you don't. Have a good one and go the dogs.
Whether someone slows down or not is not a matter of opinion there are measurable parameters..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether someone slows down or not is not a matter of opinion there are measurable parameters..
It is opinion when you don't have any "measurable parameters". Did you have Roberts on a stop watch ? No! As I said we won't agree on this. Let's leave it here.

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My close mate has a sprinting background (sub 11 seconds over the 100 still till this day) and played footy with Roberts in their late teens. Insists that Roberts used to towel him up in sprints over both a short distance and 100m. Whoever claimed Roberts is not quick over 100m is kidding themselves.

On another note, Idris was a couple of grades above me in high school and I watched him race at rep carnivals. He was outrageously slow, but was absolutely elite at discus and javelin.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the things I liked about Dutchy last night was that he cuts down on mistakes.

eg Instead of the flash and glam style of trying to beat the defence by going around and being forced into touch, he opts to step inside and still makes good metres.

Also he can tackle pretty well. If he can get a smooth rhythm into his goal kicking technique he will very soon become a valuable back up player if not a regular first grader..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is opinion when you don't have any "measurable parameters". Did you have Roberts on a stop watch ? No! As I said we won't agree on this. Let's leave it here.
what about common sense ? what about visual signs of exhaustion ? what about 'this guy's a professional ? do you really think he'd slow down and cruise along when hes playing for a desperate try?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about common sense ? what about visual signs of exhaustion ? what about 'this guy's a professional ? do you really think he'd slow down and cruise along when hes playing for a desperate try?
You are clutching at straws now what happened to your "measurable parameters". Good bye

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, good to see you annoyed at someone other than me ☺
For what its worth i think you're right. Roberts was giving that all he had and he was knackered when the Broncos support got there after the try.
Lol dont worry you're still on the radar , but I respect that opinion because its like mine :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.