Dogs Give Lloyd Perrett The Cold Shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
WTF are the club doing? At least let him play Reggies. Very disappointing indeed.

He's better than most of the forwards in our Reggies team and better than Elliott and Browne, in my opinion. The only one ahead would probably be Danny F.

Considering we bought a couple of players from other teams during the season - I cant understand this salary cap issue???

I am sure he will get a start elsewhere but it seems that we might have signed him on too much money for others to be interested.

This must be a ploy to get rid of both Perrett brothers.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That answer by Raelene doesn't make much sense to me.

Ok yeah an 18th man is important in case of people being injured in warm ups etc, but why Lloyd? He isn't exactly a utility player. Also having an 18th man who has zero match fitness makes no sense at all.

Something else is going on here, maybe Lloyd did something, maybe the club is just pissed off that he doesn't want to sign elsewhere because they regret paying him so much for so long. Either way this is a shitty situation, and it makes the club look pretty heartless.

It isn't Lloyds fault that he has a 4 year contract on good money. So if this is all about us wanting to push him out the door, that is really disappointing behaviour from the club.
exactly Gareth, and shows how good our CEO and Coach, manage our club

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Gee's any form of mainstream media like to make us sounds like the devil. We were actually VERY GENEROUS in giving him a 4 year deal. Did anyone ever think about that??

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The stupid thing is by not letting him play reggies he isn't getting a chance to show anything to rival clubs so it would be even harder to get rid of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gee's any form of mainstream media like to make us sounds like the devil. We were actually VERY GENEROUS in giving him a 4 year deal. Did anyone ever think about that??
VERY DUMB don't you mean

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So is he playing this week as "18th man"?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both. Either way we're being made to look like the bad guy when we haven't done anything evil!
He should have never been signed for 4 years but why its not evil we aren't really treating him that fairly I dont buy Castles rubbish about 18th man. If he's fit he should be playing.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
WTF are the club doing? At least let him play Reggies. Very disappointing indeed.

He's better than most of the forwards in our Reggies team and better than Elliott and Browne, in my opinion. The only one ahead would probably be Danny F.

Considering we bought a couple of players from other teams during the season - I cant understand this salary cap issue???

I am sure he will get a start elsewhere but it seems that we might have signed him on too much money for others to be interested.

This must be a ploy to get rid of both Perrett brothers.
All of you need to settle down. Castle has explained why Lloyd hasn't played. If any of you bothered to check you would see that in every round that NSW Cup has played before the NRL team Lloyd has played a game.

He may have played the round 9 game for NSW Cup but that game was postponed.
He did play for NSW Cup in round 11 despite that game being before the NRL game. So this is just RLW trying to sell papers. I do recall Tim Browne had a similar role a few years ago

d0ody

tad fancy
Reaction score
Hope he plays through the internal BS behind the scenes and the way the club has treated him and has a good game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For those who believe the 18th man story, why do we only have a forward as 18th man. If Des really wants to be cautious and carry extra players why don't we have a 19th man in the backs. Would have solved alot of issues when Josh Morris got called into origin. The reason is the 18th man story is bs.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So, according to Auntie's quote, "Des likes to carry an 18th man for all matches and he can't risk that person playing prior to the NRL fixture" and that ISP is the main reason for his non appearances. If Lloyd has been our 19th man all year......

Round 11 : our NSW Cup side played on Friday the 20/5 against Penrith and LLoyd named on the four man reserve bench in jersey no 19; his last football .

Who was then named as our 19th man for the game on Sunday 22/5 against the Roosters?

We will have a player on the bench who has had very limited footy this year with his last appearance being that game on the 20 May ; twenty seven days or nearly four weeks. At least he will be fresh but if Des sticks to his usual tactics of giving one of his bench players limited minutes he should be okay even with his lack of game time this year, lol.

These rumours of shopping him around etc. have been going since January this year prior to a ball being kicked.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Who gives a fuck what the reasons are. He's a dud and soft as butter.
Add that to the fact he searches his own name on social media to see what they are saying about him and then abuses anyone who says anything negative it goes to show he is just a kid trying to be a man

Status
Not open for further replies.