Donor Awareness - Worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Today is a moment of truth for me. One last test. Heading into the procedure this afternoon. If I pass, which I'm 99.9% certain I will, the last box is ticked and I'm number 1 on the transplant list. Thank you all for being part of my journey.
Absolutely thrilled for you DB. Everything crossed and hoping that you have some REALLY good news for us all later today.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Buggar. Another delay, had to postpone. Another month to wait. Assassin, your news??

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Buggar. Another delay, had to postpone. Another month to wait. Assassin, your news??
Mate, so sorry. Well, keep hanging in there DB, good things do come to those who wait. Nothing major I hope?

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dogluva but it's just a re-schedule, no biggie. My file is marked 'Hurry' as they want to do the transplant asap :-)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Weight loss is ahead of schedule which the doctors love. But transplant wise apparently I have only completed 20% of the tests and will have to re-do some because of the long wait

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thanks Dogluva but it's just a re-schedule, no biggie. My file is marked 'Hurry' as they want to do the transplant asap :grinning:
Well that at least is a real positive; that light at the end of the tunnel is still on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Weight loss is ahead of schedule which the doctors love. But transplant wise apparently I have only completed 20% of the tests and will have to re-do some because of the long wait
Some positives for you too which is good. Get that weight under control and you will probably breeze through the rest. You been feeling okay otherwise?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell the ***** to hurry the fuck up your got some fishing to do with southy. I know 2 cardiologists i can always knock on the door with a sledgy in hand asking them to get things moving faster

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Some positives for you too which is good. Get that weight under control and you will probably breeze through the rest. You been feeling okay otherwise?
I've dropped 23 kgs so far (27 kgs to drop to an impossible 80 kgs).

Some days are worse than others. But I'm not dead yet so any day above ground is a good day lol

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tell the ***** to hurry the fuck up your got some fishing to do with southy. I know 2 cardiologists i can always knock on the door with a sledgy in hand asking them to get things moving faster
I might hold you to that bro lol

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, the testing is the biggest time delay factor. Have they given you any idea time wise, with all going well, as to when you might make the list?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yes, the testing is the biggest time delay factor. Have they given you any idea time wise, with all going well, as to when you might make the list?
I have to go to St Vincent's in about 2 months for "re-evaluation".

I still want to prove the team of doctors wrong and get better (even though they say I can't)

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to go to St Vincent's in about 2 months for "re-evaluation".

I still want to prove the team of doctors wrong and get better (even though they say I can't)
I hear you. I spent many years trying to prove them wrong. Stay positive, your day will come.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hear you. I spent many years trying to prove them wrong. Stay positive, your day will come.
Well I'm already proving them wrong because I'm functioning fairly well with only 6% use, and I'm not in a wheelchair or dead like they expected.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So is that 4 kgs to go for the target weight ASSASSIN??

Just head down to the local markets and get some questionable curry.. theres 4kgs shat out easily!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here we have been trying since October last year to get the NRL to give us a response about Organ donation awareness and Ray Hadley on 2GB has just spoken about it for the last five minutes after Ray Warren spoke to a Parramatta fan who has just gone to the top of the list for a liver transplant and is now getting the transplant done. So, I have just spoken to a guy on the switch at 2GB continuous call and he has advised me to shoot of an email to Ray Hadley with all the info which I shall do next week. Hoping that Ray can at least give us some sort of response. Nothing to lose.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
God bless you Kennel Mama.

You are a super lady.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ray might come across as a real arsehole, but for things like this, he is very willing to take something from the community and try and get it happening. For that he deserves kudos.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here we have been trying since October last year to get the NRL to give us a response about Organ donation awareness and Ray Hadley on 2GB has just spoken about it for the last five minutes after Ray Warren spoke to a Parramatta fan who has just gone to the top of the list for a liver transplant and is now getting the transplant done. So, I have just spoken to a guy on the switch at 2GB continuous call and he has advised me to shoot of an email to Ray Hadley with all the info which I shall do next week. Hoping that Ray can at least give us some sort of response. Nothing to lose.
Good on you dogluva. You know where I have been recently and if your efforts can save just one person from this hell then it's very much worth it. Let me know if you need a 'Day in the life Of' type story. I know I'll be fine and can see the finish line. We need to get Assassin home:-)

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assassin, DropBear, how are you guys progressing? Any updates on possible time-frames for a transplant? Had a relative go through one around 8 months ago. They are doing extremely well now (only a little kid too). Still have the occasional hiccup largely due to weak immunity, but besides the physical scarring of the operation itself, they are having little after-effects. More energetic than any other kid I have ever seen.

All I can say is that I truly hope that the transplants are organised as soon as possible and that the procedure is done with as little ramifications as possible. A successful procedure will be a genuinely life-changing thing for you guys. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.