What next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1. We need a top class half back asap, hopefully next year.

OR

2. Mbye hits a purple patch of form and leads this team to a top 4 finish.

OR

3. We wait for Mbye to develop, it could take a few more years...

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats our problem, not scoring tries. You just made my point. Cheers
Your still wrong,
Our problem is we can't score points when we need to to close out games, and we can't maintain intensity and get run down late in games,

That's our problem,

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree to an extent. People forget
Mybe is a 30 game rookie. Thurston debuted in 2002 yet didn't starts dominating the game til 05-06. Mybe will be a star and the banker for us to win a premiership but yes 100% this year and maybe next we will get knocked out second week of the finals
When comparing the two, thurston's first full season(when he actually started and not from the bench) he won the Dally M and well the rest is history. Mbye is not even in the same postcode as thurston and never will be.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Let's support our young half back ... He had an off night .. We all have bad days at the office or worksite

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I held hope at the start of the year, but the reality is we cant do enough in attack to threaten for the comp

we are clearly not a top 4 team, just a solid top 8 team since Rd1 2013

We need to address the squad/tactics if we want to become contenders

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To improve we must

1. Sack Des

The balance in our forward pack is way off. We have too many workhorses in Graham, Tolman and JJ.

We need to bite the bullet and release Tolman along with Browne, Dorothy, Garvey & Elliott.

I would target Segeyaro, Elijah Taylor & Gillett

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't say for sure he never will be. Mybe will be one of the best players in the game it's easy to see
I just don't see it, he does have a really good running game but that is it. His kicking game and organising skills are abysmal. He will be a solid 5/8th at the very best, so far he is just ben roberts 2.0

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mbye doesnt have anywhere near the vision Thurston had at same age and no where near the skill set either, so I don't know how you guys could even say he will be a top player in years to come.
Sherwin shits all over him and he was a real halfback who took control of our team. Mbye will never be that type of player.
Its over rated hype at this stage of his career

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To improve we must

1. Sack Des

The balance in our forward pack is way off. We have too many workhorses in Graham, Tolman and JJ.

We need to bite the bullet and release Tolman along with Browne, Dorothy, Garvey & Elliott.

I would target Segeyaro, Elijah Taylor & Gillett
We should have nabbed Taylor when we had a chance. Playing great for the Tigers atm

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Worse...same stupid game plan. Again. Again. Again. If i see tolman take another 4th ruck hit up im going to have to take a compound bow to the next game and wing him at half time to force some different structures
Our style of play will work against the dragons though lol. And then people will be like "are we back?" Hahah

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Reynolds kicking last night was improved. Mbye had a shocker, given hes been going better in previous games this year.

Everyone is saying we cant score points, but we can we just choose to turn it off in the second half to defend the lead. I am yet to see an 80min performance but i think we are close, last 2 games we lost them in the last 5-10mins. A few adjustments to the bench rotation and i think that would fix it up.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Reynolds kicking last night was improved. Mbye had a shocker, given hes been going better in previous games this year.

Everyone is saying we cant score points, but we can we just choose to turn it off in the second half to defend the lead. I am yet to see an 80min performance but i think we are close, last 2 games we lost them in the last 5-10mins. A few adjustments to the bench rotation and i think that would fix it up.
This has been an issue since 2013, its not going to get fixed, its just something we're going to have to deal with until there is a major shakeup at the club.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'm no Supercoach like Des but last time I checked voluntarily running the ball on the 5th tackle into the defence and handing it over isn't a good way to score points. As I said, no supercoach though....over to you Desmond?

Malla

Reaction score
We are clearly a half back short of a good team. We are strong everywhere on the park but that position. Last night, in the dying minutes, a good half back would have controlled those final few possession and tried getting a repeat set. Unfortunately we don't have that at the Dogs.

chuckynemo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Even if we Sack everyone. Including the coaching Staff, players, admin, board, ceo. Sell the leagues club. Demolish belmore sports ground and build 400 overpriced appartments. Well have a greater chance winning a premiership then we do now

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm no Supercoach like Des but last time I checked voluntarily running the ball on the 5th tackle into the defence and handing it over isn't a good way to score points. As I said, no supercoach though....over to you Desmond?
That fucken burned me when Tolman did that. :rage:

Status
Not open for further replies.