Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what you are saying we weren't penalised 5-0?
That didn't happen?

You did watch our game right? We wear Blue and white remember. No red
From the stats i see it was 6-5 penalties to them, so that must mean first half penalties to us 5-1, so the refs must have been on our side hey???

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Answer me this. Did you ever see Mbye kick before firstgrade? Do you think it has improved or gotten worse? Have we also seen an improvement in any of our halves kicking game under Des?
Can it get worse? Please tell me it cant cause its scary.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The point is we dont score the points when we are on top but the opposition do when the game turns and goes there way
Were did I mention that that?

I am talking about the way we are refereed not how we played. The pattern this year has been we get smashed week in week out in the penalties in the second half.

The statistics are there for all to see. almost every single week. It has become predictable. Not an even playing field.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is Des not a coach? Should he not be improving his kicking game?
There is a reason why they are called "coach killers", its because the errors are so fucking simple and shouldnt happen. Those THREE kicking errors were exactly that. Now kicking in general play yes he should be coaching getting help there whatever may be the case. BUT for the simple fucking BASICS of the game, just get real.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the ref hasn't got a clue there was no massive howlers tonight that cost us. Out kicking game, attacking structure and fitness did. We had enough ball tonight which should have seen us win comfortably and not have to worry about 50/50 decisions or penalty counts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Can it get worse? Please tell me it cant cause its scary.
Well it clearly has gotten worse over the years. It hasn't developed at all...and to me that is a confidence thing and a lack of coaching. Des has his ways he wants to play, and he sticks to it. Our kicking game isn't a key area to him, so there isn't going to he improvement in that area.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll reply to my quote at 7:50pm

This just goes to prove how fucked up we are... Seriously if it happens 2-3 times a season ok but to keep playing 40min games is a bloody joke... Someone needs to have answered and have them now... The issue is the score line will favour des as we lost against the top side by 2 which is bs because we should be the top side ffs had enough of des shit plays bloody joke
Seriously it's becoming real bad habit.

Coach: Who are we playing this weekend?

Captain: The Dogs..

Coach: You can take the training sessions this week. I am going for a weeks vacation.

Captain: What should we do?

Coach: Just do the usual stuff, do not push the guys too hard. You know the dogs will run out off puff and ideas in the 2nd 40 so we should be able to run them down. Do not forget Refs also asssist.

Captain: Thanks Coach.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why the fuck does Des coach for us not to grubber in the in goal area and get a repeat set and therefore making the opposition tackle contantly and therefore tiring them down. Instead, we take the tackle and hand over the ball to the opposition so that WE have to tackle more. Makes no fucking sense unless you have no faith in your halves and their kicking game. So why the fuck did you sign Mbye up and paid decent coin for a half that cant kick for shit?
And some of you say that its not Des' fault?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck does Des coach for us not to grubber in the in goal area and get a repeat set and therefore making the opposition tackle contantly and therefore tiring them down. Instead, we take the tackle and hand over the ball to the opposition so that WE have to tackle more. Makes no fucking sense unless you have no faith in your halves and their kicking game. So why the fuck did you sign Mbye up and paid decent coin for a half that cant kick for shit?
Well im not saying that. I am saying Mbye not kicking the ball out THREE times is his fault. School boy errors, coach killers, useless what ever you want to call them. Now the actual kicking game plan through the game, thats another story terrible game plan BUT to try and blame Des because our half couldnt kick the fucking ball out when he was basically next to the line is laughable.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The commentators praised out attack and ball movement...which I guess is an improvement on hitting it one out...yay!
However when you look at the points we scored
1.JR scores after a stupendous return from Hoppa and their line was shot to bits.
2. Lichaa scored after our go to play (run and get tackled close to the line) was foiled and we were forced into a grubbed kick.
So that leaves ONE TRY our famous "structured play" was able to get us over the line for....which was a Kas barge over special.
That's IT.
Then for the best part of 50 minutes, we do not even look like troubling the scorers....or even pretend like we're trying to score points.

We did our level best tonight to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory, and in that we succeeded.

Poor Klemmer, didn't deserve to go home a loser tonight.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
has any one seen the presser of Des?

the look on Graham's face sitting on his side as if he is going to punch des in the face, picking his tape from his hand.

you can see Graham looks pissed off when Des is talking shiit

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
has any one seen the presser of Des?

the look on Graham's face sitting on his side as if he is going to punch des in the face, picking his tape from his hand.

you can see Graham looks pissed off when Des is talking shiit
I'm just waiting for Graham to knock him the fuck out in any post match press conference.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for Graham to knock him the fuck out in any post match press conference.
Mate, the half time report was Des wanted to play the 2nd half in the middle of the field ie. Tackle our way to the win.
So poor bastards like Graham , Klemmer Jacko etc bust a gut , to execute a game plan which never threatens to put the game out of the oppositions reach. Then we lose...id be fucking fuming too!

But hey, at least we were closer to a win than last week eh ;), go Des! ...no seriously, pack your fucking bags and GO!

Moronic Musings

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont lie mate
http://hussle.fansunite.com.au

Snippet of chapter attached
Like I said releases 1 September
Saw that today on Facebook (Sandor Earl shared it - hopefully I am talking about the same snippet haha) and actually thought how well written it was. Very thorough and engrossing, really really top class writing.

Would love to have a read of the book when it drops.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des plays percentages. I can understand that play... But that's a shit way of teaching them how to play. The correct way would be to drill the grubbers all day so they can get better at it. Not to make them not do them.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bulldogs might not got the two points, but they outplayed the top of the table Sharks. They were very unlucky to lose that game, but it just goes to show the Bulldogs can match anyone in the comp if they can fine tune a few little things.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The bulldogs might not got the two points, but they outplayed the top of the table Sharks. They were very unlucky to lose that game, but it just goes to show the Bulldogs can match anyone in the comp if they can fine tune a few little things.
Sure we were competitive tonight, but it always looked like the Sharks were at some point going to break through and score numerous times throughout the 2nd half.

We on the other hand didn't look like we wanted a bar of putting any points on the board in the 2nd half.

That SUCKS!

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day, my question was why he signed up Mbye if he doesnt have faith in his kicking game...not talking about his tactics which are shit anyway. Its quite obvious that the tactics were put there cause he has no faith in him. He obviously didnt put these tactics in at Manly with Foran and Cherry Evans in the halves. Worrying about 7 tackle sets is stupid as most times we give them a dumb penalty to get out of their red zone anyway.

Why not get Sezer back who is a true half and can kick goals or sign up someone like Elgey or Ash Taylor who can also kick goals. Fuck, I could even live with Tyrone Roberts....he's definitely not worse than what we have now. Makes me wonder wtf is Crusher doing with his SHIT recruitment....getting paid to do sweet fuck all.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I disagree with the first part of your comment maddog, they had 3 sets on the bulldogs line and couldn't breakthrough. But I agree on the second part, bulldogs should of been creative with the ball & go for the knock out blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.