God's Will? Hopoate will not play Sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Why am I being asked for evidence When actual real evidence is the one thing you don't have. You have faith in what you've been rooms to believe.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, this thread is about Will, his decision not to play on Sundays and how the club handled it.

It looks like its turned into a debate about whether religion exists or not. If you want to have that debate pls create a thread in the lounge to discuss otherwise please keep to the topic.
I agree,

My apologies, that was probably my fault.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
I like this guy, he's got a good scence of humor.

He does however come to all his conclusions from an assumption that God is a myth or fairy tale.

Equations based on assumptions are very dangerous.

The is a ton of evidence to suggest God exists, yet no one has ever come close to proving that He does not exist.

You go through every statement he makes in that film knowing that the evidence points to there being a God (and there is absolutely no evidence to God being a fairy tale) and all of a sudden his intelligent well thought out critiques sound foolish.
Actual real evidence that doesn't involve faith?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score

so much sense

Ahhh when we look to actors for comfort and somehow find solace. You do realise they are paid top dollar to lie and deceive you?? In fact the better they lie and deceive you the better they are at there job and the more money they are paid. It's a very sad state of affairs when you turn to Ricky Gervais!!!!!!

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously you have no belief in anything or anyone religion if you believe in it or in fact believe in anything you would realize there is so much more to life than playing in the NRL. When have so little to believe in your mind and world become a whole lot smaller and you fail to see things above your eyeline. When players take time off for Drinking, Gambling or personal issues we APPLAUD there strength to take a stand yet the fact is most of these issues would not exist with a support system in place whether that be spiritually or not. Simple fact to that matter is Hazem was an example for ALL of us and you couldn't find a more RELIGIOUS person in the NRL didnt miss 1 ramadan and continued to train snd plsy through the whole month it speaks volumes when religion is what drove and balanced Hazem yet you all attack it as if its the issue if only we were all like Hazem
I agree with you mate, I am very religious myself, I said it before, I have no problem with anyone's religion or not, I agreed with Skippy on the other things he's saying but. My apologies if I offended you in any way

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Ahhh when we look to actors for comfort and somehow find solace. You do realise they are paid top dollar to lie and deceive you?? In fact the better they lie and deceive you the better they are at there job and the more money they are paid. It's a very sad state of affairs when you turn to Ricky Gervais!!!!!!
Try listening to his words rather than judging him on his job. That is not very islam/christian, blah blah blah of you. There are so many great minds that are from all walks of life. Just because I use his interview to prove my points means shit.

As for Habibsta, Hazem is a shining light. Unfortunately, he is not the rule, he is the exception. Most religious people are wolfs in sheeps clothing.

A friend of mine shared a video on facebook of a religious islamic dude (do you call them Imam or something like that) his message was doesn't matter what your sin is as long as you pray to allah your sins will be washed away. So, in essence...drugs, adultery, drink, beat your wife, become a biker, dw because you can pray and it is all good

On the other hand I have so many church going friends who give to the church, are holier than thou and the shit they get up to would definately be frowned upon.

Point is, religious or not there are decent people that comes from believers and realists and wicked that come from both too.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Try listening to his words rather than judging him on his job. That is not very islam/christian, blah blah blah of you. There are so many great minds that are from all walks of life. Just because I use his interview to prove my points means shit.

As for Habibsta, Hazem is a shining light. Unfortunately, he is not the rule, he is the exception. Most religious people are wolfs in sheeps clothing.

A friend of mine shared a video on facebook of a religious islamic dude (do you call them Imam or something like that) his message was doesn't matter what your sin is as long as you pray to allah your sins will be washed away. So, in essence...drugs, adultery, drink, beat your wife, become a biker, dw because you can pray and it is all good

On the other hand I have so many church going friends who give to the church, are holier than thou and the shit they get up to would definately be frowned upon.

Point is, religious or not there are decent people that comes from believers and realists and wicked that come from both too.

Bro I suggest you read about religions before making these massive assumptions based on people's words the first and most important thing in Islam is to listen to know one read the quran and make your own determinations. We don't believe Preechers or imams to be any higher than you or me they are just people and like a lot of us severely flawed, skewed and self interested.

Maybe because of my username you assumed I am Muslim and Lebanese, I am Muslim I reverted almost 12 years ago and am only a quater Lebanese mixed with Italian and Australia. The words of the Quran are very simple none of what you have mentioned is permissible in Islam in anyway shape or form it is as simple as that.

The weird thing to me is the things you brought up starting with Drugs are you inferring to selling or taking?? You do know in Australia per capita we use more drugs gamble more money and drink more than anywhere on earth. Isn't drinking almost embedded in the culture and the worrying thing is people laugh and joke about it.

From all I have interpreted from the Quran Hazem is the rule almost in everyway he is supposed to be an example to mankind someone who loves and treats all equally never to offend or judge people.

TGN

New Pup
Reaction score
I'm actually of the opinion now that having hoppa have a few Sundays off during the regular season can be beneficial (assuming we have a full squad available and able replacements for him e.g perret).

He can rest the body and sort out any niggles.. He's in a good space mentally and he's going to be 1000% committed to us from here on out because we are the only club stupid enough to allow him to have Sundays off.

I also have no doubt he'll play finals football, they'll announce it at the time that it was only ever going to be applied to regular season games.
I think having him sit out Sundays will make for a lot of unhappy team mates maybe they are not saying so publicly but privately they might and if they allow him to play in a G/F if they make it will prove he uses religion to suit his mood or the occasion.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Canberra's Devout mormon who took 2yrs off for his mormon mission played on Sunday ran for 135 meters & scored a try.........ours stayed home and talked to an imaginary sky man

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok fair enough
This is not the platform to discuss religion
And footy isn't the platform for hoppa to push his beliefs either

He should not be an NRL player in my opinion

I'm entitled to that opinion and I'm entitled to voice that,

I take your point about saying fuck his religion is wrong

I take that back, but stand by everything else I said,
No. Fuck his religion. I don't give a rats arse who the fuck I offend.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Bro I suggest you read about religions before making these massive assumptions based on people's words the first and most important thing in Islam is to listen to know one read the quran and make your own determinations. We don't believe Preechers or imams to be any higher than you or me they are just people and like a lot of us severely flawed, skewed and self interested.

Maybe because of my username you assumed I am Muslim and Lebanese, I am Muslim I reverted almost 12 years ago and am only a quater Lebanese mixed with Italian and Australia. The words of the Quran are very simple none of what you have mentioned is permissible in Islam in anyway shape or form it is as simple as that.

The weird thing to me is the things you brought up starting with Drugs are you inferring to selling or taking?? You do know in Australia per capita we use more drugs gamble more money and drink more than anywhere on earth. Isn't drinking almost embedded in the culture and the worrying thing is people laugh and joke about it.

From all I have interpreted from the Quran Hazem is the rule almost in every way he is supposed to be an example to mankind someone who loves and treats all equally never to offend or judge people.
Where in my post do I suggest you are muslim or leb?

So the important part in islam as you put it is to make your own determinations. So , if one is going to take the opinion that prayer heals and forgive all then you cannot in any way refute that. You could pretty much come up with anything and you are not wrong. It is open to interpretation. This is so important and those are your words. So, it is possible that your own determinations are severely flawed, skewed and self interested.

I did't know that about Australia/drugs per capita. Could you please reference the source for these compelling statistics?

Don't you mean converted to islam? (Surely you don't believe everyone is born muslim - yes, I know about that arrogant view).

If you think Hazem is the rule you need to open your eyes and take a look around you.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No. Fuck his religion. I don't give a rats arse who the fuck I offend.
Skippy has learnt it's not right to be a bigot who thinks his beliefs give him a sense of entitlement to disrespect other people's beliefs, whether that's Atheism or Islam or any other belief structure.

I commend him for that.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't you mean converted to islam? (Surely you don't believe everyone is born muslim - yes, I know about that arrogant view).
We believe all people are born innocent and non sinners, so yes we believe all people are born submissive to God. That's why we believe children and new borns that pass go to heaven no questions asked as they are pure.

I don't see how it's arrogant as we know people once older differ in their views and beliefs.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
We believe all people are born innocent and non sinners, so yes we believe all people are born submissive to God. That's why we believe children and new borns that pass go to heaven no questions asked as they are pure.

I don't see how it's arrogant as we know people once older differ in their views and beliefs.
Your version is different to the "all people are Muslim" version that I've been told

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Your version is different to the "all people are Muslim" version that I've been told
Muslim means a follower of Islam and Islam means submissive to God, so a follower who is submissive to God is what they mean. There are different doctrines to follow and still be submissive to God.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Muslim means a follower of Islam and Islam means submissive to God, so a follower who is submissive to God is what they mean. There are different doctrines to follow and still be submissive to God.
If someone is Catholic (a follower and submissive to god) and they convert to Islam - are they reverting or converting?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If someone is Catholic (a follower and submissive to god) and they convert to Islam - are they reverting or converting?
It's hard to say honestly, Christianity isn't rejected as its believed to be doctrine brought down by a prophet before as is Judaism plus other doctrines.

Status
Not open for further replies.