Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still hitting a brick wall with brain dead when we get to the line, grubber the thing softly into goal FFS then have chasers pounce.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Roosters got ripped off on a couple of tries, hate to say it, we are on the improve no matter what.

ouwet

Bulldogs 4 Life
Reaction score
The Roosters got ripped off on a couple of tries, hate to say it, we are on the improve no matter what.
Maybe they did however in the 36th minute Phillips goes with a few millimetres of making it 24-0, he dropped the ball short n went out of touch before the in goal, Roosters incorrectly got a 20 metre tap momentum from the tap and 7 tackles, they score a try and another one, game changed! They should've been working it from 10 out and most likely wouldn't have scored, we would've got the penalty and try at the start of the second half, 26-0 game over they would've given up!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe they did however in the 36th minute Phillips goes with a few millimetres of making it 24-0, he dropped the ball short n went out of touch before the in goal, Roosters incorrectly got a 20 metre tap momentum from the tap and 7 tackles, they score a try and another one, game changed! They should've been working it from 10 out and most likely wouldn't have scored, we would've got the penalty and try at the start of the second half, 26-0 game over they would've given up!
and the Jmoz one which could have gone either way... seen them given more than a few times this year.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think much has changed.

We scored all our tries off a running game. We had the confidence to score those tries because the Tigers were a defensive mess.

We couldn't score one try off a fancy kick. When our opposition muscle us up in defence, that's where you are going to need a good kicking game to get you out of strife. And that's where we will be exposed once again.
Once again, we scored all our tries off a running game.

If you ever wanted a summary of the Bulldogs season in 40 minutes of football - look no further than that first half against the Roosters. Inconsistencies, so much wasted opportunity, and letting shit teams into contest.

We dominated the Roosters pack and once again, this allowed our boys the confidence to play the running game that they did.

Not much has changed...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was no try. If they called it a try then maybe it would have counted but the fact that he bounced the ball then got up shaking his head made it easy to call a "no try"

As far as refereeing went, it was terrible. Some really poor calls. Forward passes missed, backward passes called forward, no idea what they saw with Perrett "losing" the ball. That said, most of the poor calls went our way for the first time in history.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Considering the way we have been playing we are 2 wins off the top which isnt too bad. The second Parra game and The Belmore game against Canberra are 2 games that we should have won.

Playing rubbish and still up there isnt a bad thing, hopefully a few things change and we become more consistent and stop switching off. Next week is a 4 point game, a must win.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This year our biggest losing margin has been 14 points. At the same stage of the season in 2015 we had 3 losses greater than 14 points including 2 30point blowouts. It's defence the first half of the year and attack in the second(hopefully)!
Similar to 2012?

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Sunday we will be going over speed humps around the round about

Perrett, Rona, Stanley, Holland, Phillips, Reynolds, Mbye, Tolman, Lichaa, Graham, RFM, Eastwood, Kasiano - Browne, Garvey, Someone, Someone. No impact off the bench whatsoever

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Blue n white goggles
Sorry I don't wear googles .
I was at the game on the big screen it looked like he put it down ,
then I watched it on fox even the commentators said either call he would have been happy with.
The only reason they ruled no try is cause the ref called it no try.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
After the tigs game I thought maybe after last night I am kinda on the fence. The fan in me wants to say yes. I think the origin period will be defining for us. If we can get a few wins and get some momentum going we will give it a red hot crack!!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry I don't wear googles .
I was at the game on the big screen it looked like he put it down ,
then I watched it on fox even the commentators said either call he would have been happy with.
The only reason they ruled no try is cause the ref called it no try.
My iris is blue and my pupil is white. When they get dry I try to use my half full eyedropper.

Too close to overturn the on field decision, would of preferred a T from the ref but what can ya do

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
On a different note, I still can't believe the refs have given us a good run of the green lately! To good to be true? Hell yeah... But hey, let's enjoy the ride!!

Status
Not open for further replies.