Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so torn by this. He's been a great buy but the no Sunday thing still pisses me off.

Maybe it's worth it, we will see.

Reactions: TGN

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually of the opinion now that having hoppa have a few Sundays off during the regular season can be beneficial (assuming we have a full squad available and able replacements for him e.g perret).

He can rest the body and sort out any niggles.. He's in a good space mentally and he's going to be 1000% committed to us from here on out because we are the only club stupid enough to allow him to have Sundays off.

I also have no doubt he'll play finals football, they'll announce it at the time that it was only ever going to be applied to regular season games.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually of the opinion now that having hoppa have a few Sundays off during the regular season can be beneficial (assuming we have a full squad available and able replacements for him e.g perret).

He can rest the body and sort out any niggles.. He's in a good space mentally and he's going to be 1000% committed to us from here on out because we are the only club stupid enough to allow him to have Sundays off.

I also have no doubt he'll play finals football, they'll announce it at the time that it was only ever going to be applied to regular season games.
If he cherry picks what Sunday's he plays and doesn't play as you are suggesting I will be even more missed off

If a player is fit and healthy, then he should play
It's that simple in my books

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I only see the decision/clause putting his teammates a little offside...whilst they are busting their a$$es he's having days off. It's like any workplace with "special conditions"..the employees all start talking about it and it becomes an unwelcome distraction. If we hypothetically make it to the grand final it will be very interesting to see if he is still going down this path of "no Sunday's"...
As I've always stated, you buy and develop players to win grand finals not to make up the numbers on the day and then say "we've made 2 grand finals in 4 years"...

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they look at it as if he isn't playing first grade, don't play him in NSW Cup if there is a risk of injury. I would have though he would play the Saturday NSW Cup games to keep fitness...

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he cherry picks what Sunday's he plays and doesn't play as you are suggesting I will be even more missed off

If a player is fit and healthy, then he should play
It's that simple in my books
I've changed my opinion on this . I think it actually is a plus .

It doesn't excuse Hoppa's lack of commitment to the team but taking a smaller bite of the celery cap allows us to afford other star players.
It also allows the other fullbacks to develop their 1st grade game which undoubtedly will cause competition amongst the fullbacks.
Also we'll have a seasoned back up should anything happen.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love the people sympathising with Hoppa.

This guy has fuked our season.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would we risk an injury to Hoppa by playing him in NSW cup?

He has to do a games worth of extra running when he's not playing anyway, just like anyone who is suspended does.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've changed my opinion on this . I think it actually is a plus .

It doesn't excuse Hoppa's lack of commitment to the team but taking a smaller bite of the celery cap allows us to afford other star players.
It also allows the other fullbacks to develop their 1st grade game which undoubtedly will cause competition amongst the fullbacks.
Also we'll have a seasoned back up should anything happen.
I await other clubs trying to emulate our tactics, lol.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I await other clubs trying to emulate our tactics, lol.
It's new age for football but happens in regular jobs , family friendly employment where people can Taylor their job around other commitments which in effect reduces staff turnaround and abuse of sick leave , it seems to work for employers and employees.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Hoppas overrated on here. Perrett didn't miss a beat on weekend. Borris shits on both of em

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hoppas overrated on here. Perrett didn't miss a beat on weekend. Borris shits on both of em
It remains to be seen but I think both Morris brothers are finished

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you elaborate as to how he has fucked our season?
Look at the top sides in the comp, they all have a stable spine.

These key four players gel together and control the play which is brought on from the platform layed upon by the forwards.

We have a stable spine and now hoppa is going to miss some games. By missing games he changes the structure of our side, the halves have to adjust, different attacking styles etc.

Come finals the top teams are well heeled and we are still in a transitional phase.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read the entire thread here, has it been resolved whether William will in fact compete during the finals series, should our games be played on Sundays?

~c.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything it might be blessing in disguise where we are able to quickly fix positional changes due to future injuries.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
foxsports reporting hoppa will play reserve grade tonight in the hope to hold onto his NSW jumper. So he wouldn't play last week to help them out but he will when it suits his own interests. Pretty ordinary stuff if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.