My biggest online pet peeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I'm Italian, and I do that.
In my mind, Brrrusketta is the kind of thing that an inner city yuppie - whose handbag was made in Italy - would say.
Yeah i can't stand it when someone with an Italian heritage with the most normal Aussie accent starts pulling out the over the top Italian pronunciations. We know your grand parents were born in Italy you don't have to keep reminding us.

There is some chick that is on one of those cooking channel shows (My missus loves that channel if you were wondering how i know) and she reminds everyone every show how Italian she is but she has the most uppity American accent until bang.... Spa-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-te. I can't stand the bitch.

This should probably be in the grind my gears thread but anyway.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i can't stand it when someone with an Italian heritage with the most normal Aussie accent starts pulling out the over the top Italian pronunciations. We know your grand parents were born in Italy you don't have to keep reminding us.

There is some chick that is on one of those cooking channel shows (My missus loves that channel if you were wondering how i know) and she reminds everyone every show how Italian she is but she has the most uppity American accent until bang.... Spa-GEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-te. I can't stand the bitch.
Not even full blooded Italians speak like that!
It's just stupid stereotype IMO!
I've heard legit Italians speaking their lingo, I'm nowhere near fluent in Italiano but I can pick up on it.
Most of the time Italians are speaking about the old country, comparing Firenze to Venezia to Roma, usually with no mention of Milano!
Most real Italianos who are not from Milano spit on it!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've heard legit Italians speaking their lingo, I'm nowhere near fluent in Italiano but I can pick up on it.
Most of the time Italians are speaking about the old country, comparing Firenze to Venezia to Roma, usually with no mention of Milano!
I have a peeve about people who use words like Firenze and Roma when they aren't Italian. You don't say you are going on a holiday to Munchen or Krung Thep. You go to Munich or Bangkok.

Besides, this is how Italians talk:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

Here is the chick i was talking about.. Conan calls her out.. Watch from about 2:20 if you can be bothered.

PS on watching that it's actually a pretty boring video and beside her tits how annoying is she with her wanna be Italian crap.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is the chick i was talking about.. Conan calls her out.. Watch from about 2:20 if you can be bothered.

PS on watching that it's actually a pretty boring video and beside her tits how annoying is she with her wanna be Italian crap.
I do recognise those bewbs.

I saw her and her sister travel through Thailand on a food doco on SBS recently - she was annoying AF, her sister making it doubly so. For someone who allegedly is supposed to be a foodie, she was pretty ignorant, when it came to both the food and culture, whilst banging on about being Italian the rest of the time. I noticed this during My Kitchen Rules - all the wogs kept banging on about their heritage. Yes, you're from Montenegro... it doesn't make you special....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is when people write "his" instead of "he's" lol fcuk that is annoying.

His playing tonight

His fvuken shit

His alright for club but when his playing rep....

Ggrrrrr fcuk gggrrrrrrrr :endrant:
or loose when they mean lose lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
just paragraphs without punctuation of any kind it really annoys the hell out of me seriously how do you think anyone can comprehend an entire paragraph with no commas full stops or breaks of any kind to differentiate sentences and statements seriously it is that hard is it man its annoying

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

If she is married I feel sorry for her husband

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a peeve about people who use words like Firenze and Roma when they aren't Italian. You don't say you are going on a holiday to Munchen or Krung Thep. You go to Munich or Bangkok.

Besides, this is how Italians talk:

I was just describing the last conversation I heard between a couple of woodfire pizza shop owners

d0ody

tad fancy
Reaction score
When people don't know when or how to use apostrophes, e.g. Mrs' thread about "recipe's from the past". It's way too common

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Is that the little bitch who has a scary smile?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Is that the little bitch who has a scary smile?

Yep I can't stand her. I mean I am not literate enough to put my hate for her into words.

That mouth looks like it would gobble your soul.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

This one is not bad. Nadia G.

Mmmmm, all in the kitchen!
upload_2016-5-19_22-36-21.jpeg

upload_2016-5-19_22-37-51.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.