Did Anasta's Commentary Piss Anyone Else Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I admit that pissed me off!
I was one of those supporters who used to get to jersey Flegg games to watch the Thurston/Asotasi show!
Thurston wasn't the player he is now when he was at the Bulldogs. Heck I think he was only about halfway there. The choices we made back then were logical, and after all that happened (or didn't happen) in Coffs Harbour, we had to let him go.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's probably due to his time at the chooks and thinking he's now of the class of Eastern Suburbs yuppie... Not even those bastards could buy him a grand final ring..the Bulldogs earned his one and only one.
I do think though that past players of successful Bulldogs era's have high expectations and it's probably out of sheer frustration, who knows? We would all be hypocrites if we said that we never gave it to our own boys or coach from time to time..they've been inconsistent this year. Even j was still fairly frustrated that we didn't put the Tigs away yesterday good and proper. I find Gus Gould being the weird one.. If we're losing he's on the team like a bad rash and when we're up were the best rugby league club that graced the planet! I'd have to agree on the latter!!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thurston wasn't the player he is now when he was at the Bulldogs. Heck I think he was only about halfway there. The choices we made back then were logical, and after all that happened (or didn't happen) in Coffs Harbour, we had to let him go.
Let's not forget the quality of Anasta's debut season

Wahesh

Reaction score
Let's not forget the quality of Anasta's debut season
The year 2000? Nothing special happened for us that year. In fact I remember we didn't even make the finals that year.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The year 2000? Nothing special happened for us that year. In fact I remember we didn't even make the finals that year.
Think he only played one game in 2000..?

2001 was the year he played the house down if I remember correctly

Wahesh

Reaction score
2 intercepts against Manly in round 4. lol we hammered them that game, will never forget it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol I knew Jonathan Thurston would be one of the nrls best back in 2002.
In the lower grades he was scoring a try, setting Roy Asotasi up for at least a double and making sure the rest of the team all scored a try!
With the way he controlled the game in the lower grades I knew it was inevitable he'd do the same in first grade!
I know I'm not always right about everything, but Jonathan Thurston is one that I got right and I knew back then it would come back to haunt the Bulldogs letting him go.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's a given that any of the TV networks will cheer on the team playing us. You hear it in little things like "He was brilliant! Fooled the Dogs defence completely to score that try"; and "That was poor defence; they let the Dogs player step around them to score an easy try". The talk is generally around what the opposition needs to do to beat us when they're behind, to superlatives of the opposition if they're in front. If it had been the Broncos beating the Tigers, all we would have heard was how great the Broncos were. Instead, we had sympathy for the Tigers, and cries of foul when refs missed something in the play.

It ain't gonna change.

Lady Emerald

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Suck shit Anasta, YOU HAVE BULLDOGS INK WHICH WILL STAY WITH YOU TO THE DAY YOU DIE :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

He's ugly as hell and every word that comes out of his mouth is as equal as what comes out of his ass. Why he was ever considered to commentate ANY game is beyond me. He annoys me just as much as when Phil Gould starts talking, they both make me wanna rip my ears off!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of Anasta over the years.

After last night's commentary I was about to break my TV. That was a joke, fcking cockstain.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I haven't seen Anasta provide commentary on any other game so I don't know if it is his style or just the regard in which he holds the Dogs but watching yesterday's game you would come away thinking he really didn't like us. Perhaps he was trying to create interest in a game where the Tigers looked pretty much from the outset that they were in for a bad day?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He never achieved anything once he left the dogs, no more premierships and never won another origin series, He's probably seething inside.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
OMG!!! I just watched the replay and he was so annoying. Doesn't he have a Bulldog tattoo, you'd think he'd never played for them and won a premiership, he was so biased.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
It's a given that any of the TV networks will cheer on the team playing us. You hear it in little things like "He was brilliant! Fooled the Dogs defence completely to score that try"; and "That was poor defence; they let the Dogs player step around them to score an easy try". The talk is generally around what the opposition needs to do to beat us when they're behind, to superlatives of the opposition if they're in front. If it had been the Broncos beating the Tigers, all we would have heard was how great the Broncos were. Instead, we had sympathy for the Tigers, and cries of foul when refs missed something in the play.

It ain't gonna change.
Yep I have been saying the exact same for years. One of the best was when they had fatty do the comments on a Manly v Canterbury game one time a couple of years ago and Manly made a nice break to score a long range try and fatty could be heard saying go go go you good thing..

I have heard both Johns and Fitler do similar things in Dogs games.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pissed me off so much I switched it to nine

Status
Not open for further replies.