NSW halves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belmore4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
To me i don't understand why the blues are not picking up most likely ONE of the best halvs in the game Adam renoylds and Blake Austin! I mean i might be wrong in this but people complain that we have bad halvs, i mean blues can just pick up those to.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds would break within 20 minutes in the SOO arena and I think Austin is missing that classy touch all the top halves have to be a good half in SOO

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd pick Reynolds. Not Austin but. ***** so far overrated. Can't tackle and is only ever effective when his team a going forward.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has Austin even played this year? Lol. All of the raiders points come from Hodgson, Croker, Joey and Rapana

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd pick Reynolds. Not Austin but. ***** so far overrated. Can't tackle and is only ever effective when his team a going forward.
That can really be said about any half to be fair.

I agree about Austin, last year he was just always backing up line breaks and seemed to get all the glory. His kicking game isn't strong enough for mine. I'd prefer to see him at lock at club level or even fullback. He's good enough to make the bench as a utility I reckon

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Adam Reynolds would break within 20 minutes in the SOO arena and I think Austin is missing that classy touch all the top halves have to be a good half in SOO
I think we've got to take that risk, he has arguably the best kicking game in the comp at the moment

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd have Maloney and A.Reynolds. NSW desperately need a half that can kick.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd have Maloney and A.Reynolds. NSW desperately need a half that can kick.
Agreed, but for mine Soward is kicking and playing better then Maloney at the moment + Moylan should probably get picked at Fullback so that combination should synergise better.

City v Country, Maloney kicked the ball dead 4 times, can't directly blame that on the score line but it didn't help

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
To me i don't understand why the blues are not picking up most likely ONE of the best halvs in the game Adam renoylds and Blake Austin! I mean i might be wrong in this but people complain that we have bad halvs, i mean blues can just pick up those to.
I'm not a Blake Austin fan,
I just not seeing what all the hype is,
I accept he is in good for,, is big strong and a good ball runner, but I just don't see him being mature enough as a player to do much at that level,

I actually rate Adam Reynolds and have done for a few years now,
I think he has an amazing kicking game and outstanding vision,
I think James Maloney is also right up there,
I'd go with A Reynolds and J Maloney if it were my choice,

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, but for mine Soward is kicking and playing better then Maloney at the moment + Moylan should probably get picked at Fullback so that combination should synergise better.

City v Country, Maloney kicked the ball dead 4 times, can't directly blame that on the score line but it didn't help
Maloney can be a rocks and diamonds type player sometimes, I guess soward can be as well but as you said his kicking game is great. I doubt Soward will ever pull on the sky blue Jersey ever again though.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maloney can be a rocks and diamonds type player sometimes, I guess soward can be as well but as you said his kicking game is great. I doubt Soward will ever pull on the sky blue Jersey ever again though.
Yeah, you're right - I doubt Soward will get a look in, probably deserves just as much of an opportunity as Maloney does

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No for Austin, one good year isnt good enough, Daley wouldve been looking for consistency from Austin but he hasn't shown that this year.

I doubt Daley will blood two rookie halves or even a rookie spine, especially with talk Dugan might move to centres. I think it will be Pearce and Adam Reynolds

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt Daley will blood two rookie halves or even a rookie spine, especially with talk Dugan might move to centres. I think it will be Pearce and Adam Reynolds
I could live with that even though Pearce more then anybody doesn't deserve ANOTHER opportunity

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't get the Austin hype tbh. He's a Josh Reynolds type player with less experience.
Blake had his breakout year in 2015 and everyone rates him now.... just a flash in the pan imo.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Save yourselves the heartache. It will be Pearce and Maloney for sure. If Knights weren't getting pumped every game then Hodkinson would still be in the hunt

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what's a halv ?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Save yourselves the heartache. It will be Pearce and Maloney for sure. If Knights weren't getting pumped every game then Hodkinson would still be in the hunt
A.Reynolds has a genuine chance, big game experience seems to be one of Daleys biggest criteria

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
On a serious note they would go OK

Status
Not open for further replies.