Tony Williams has been dropped from First grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
After 3 years this has finally happened. FFS. It shouldnt have ever EVER taken this long. I hope Des actually starts dropping under performing players.

Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks 2h2 hours ago
Hearing Tony Williams has been dropped to reserve grade this week @NRL_Bulldogs #NRL

------------------------------------------------------

Dorothy dropped by Canterbury Bulldogs before Wests Tigers clash

Dorothy may have played his last NRL game after he was dropped from the Canterbury side to take on Wests Tigers on Sunday.

Dorothy was named on an extended six-man bench but Fairfax Media can reveal he will be one of the two players to make way. There has been ongoing speculation about the future of the man dubbed 'Dorothy' for some time due to his inability to consistently reproduce the form that earned him NSW and Australian honours. However, the backrower has shown only glimpses of his best form since shifting from Brookvale to Belmore and coach Des Hasler has finally lost patience.

Dorothy was demoted to the interchange in Canterbury's last game, a loss to Parramatta, in which he played for 33 minutes, made 11 tackles, one error and 42 metres from six runs. However, he has now been axed altogether and is likely to run out for the Bulldogs' Intrust Super Premiership clash against Wentworthville at Belmore Oval on Saturday.

Dorothy is in the final year of a lucrative contract but will need a huge turnaround in form, and a significant pay cut, to continue his NRL career. Hasler is hoping Dorothy will bounce back in first grade when several stars - including Josh Jackson and David Klemmer - are unavailable during the State of Origin period.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...efore-wests-tigers-clash-20160512-gotoe1.html

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the last time Des dropped someone it was Inu wasn't it?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cant tell me all these comments from baa and rumours regarding des has finally forced des to wake up or go

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know TW isn't playing to his full potential but honestly the guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet... I know this counts for nothing around here but I'm just deploring you to think about that before you start ripping into him personally.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Oh no where does he sit on the Williams Scale now guy??

Hopefully it's just what he needs to come out and smash it again.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You know TW isn't playing to his full potential but honestly the guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet... I know this counts for nothing around here but I'm just deploring you to think about that before you start ripping into him personally.
Never met him but my impression is that he would be a good bloke. Differing things may be said about his pride etc regarding performances V pay packet? I'm just hoping all concerned see this as a kick in the bum for the whole team and hopefully time to stop pissing about and play some footy.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
How dare you point out Trex is an underperforming player? You're a disloyal supporter. You should support the team, players and club blindly.
Mr Fairweather is that you?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Early release coming ala Inu?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whoa..well hopefully it will snap T-Rex into action and he'll come back bigger..better..and stronger!

Ps. Can we drop Des..just until he picks his game up?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He certainly is a very nice guy to talk to and I have had several conversations with him. It is not right to personally attack someone and something I won't do . As a fan of a football team however ,who needs their players to aim up, players who don't perform, even if they are nice guys , need to be dropped . I will be watching Intrust on Saturday and I hope he goes well, but it will probably be too little too late.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You would think not having a job next year would be enough fire in the belly. If this doesn't get him going nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.