Is Des Still "Building" his team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For people saying player movements and or signings are all part of Dessies plans, then my question to All is HOW LONG is dessy going to :build HIS team"?
4 years now. This is his team. His style..his results.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We just need a playmaker. Can you imagine a Thurston, Cronk, Seizer even Cherry evans behind our pack? We don't need wingers or fullbacks.
I don't think he wants established players , it looks like he wants mainly young guns so that they can adopt his style of game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This team is capable we just need to get our timing right and stick to our structure for the 80, concentration is a big thing.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
We did make a play for Foran didn't we? And he would have loved Cherry-Evans and it turned out to be a massive mistake
This team is capable we just need to get our timing right and stick to our structure for the 80, concentration is a big thing.
I agree with this. It seems if teams rush up on us and choke us and put our game plan out of whack we get frazzled and it all falls apart.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he wants established players , it looks like he wants mainly young guns so that they can adopt his style of game
Yeh exactly right.

He isn't the type to chase big name players (was actually surprised with the Fifita signing, that was not a Hasler type signing).

He is the type that picks up fringe first graders/reserve graders and try's to make them first grade material. Only down side is most of his hand picked signings haven't done anything and the bulk of the first grade team was inherited or already in the system before he got here.

His "flop" signings include:
Inu
Perrett (to a degree)
Lloyd perrett (went all out for him)
Frawley
Chislom
Templeman
Trex
Bmoz (as a marque signing he hasn't had much time on the field yet)

I'm sure there is more that don't come to mind.

Pretty much the rest of the squad was inherited.

His best signings so far have been Rona, and I would say lichaa, I rate the kid but the jury is still out on him on the kennel.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We just need a playmaker. Can you imagine a Thurston, Cronk, Seizer even Cherry evans behind our pack? We don't need wingers or fullbacks.
Wouldn't make a difference.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our structure is rubbish and will never be good enough. We need to get away from our structure if we wanna have a real crack.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I think hes pretty much done. Just needs to develop who we have. Already has players to replace those who will retire in the next few years like mozzes and perrett. He could get us someone who is better value for his big pay than trex though imo.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for this thread, we don't have any other threads like this one discussing this issue..:fearful:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not the roster, the team has shown form at various stages of the season, we gotta get the positive attitude happening despite being behind on the scoreboard, bring back the 'comeback kings'.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not sure you ever stop building a team, things can always be tweaked and improved, you can always have an eye for the coming years - who'll retire, who'll be available

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
is Des gone yet?...........wake me up when he's gone

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think he will be building a death star next, don't quote me yet......it's not official.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please.....they built the great pyramid in 10 years and des can't even assemble 17 competent players in 5 ??

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we play way too robotic instead of playing what we see, its great to have structure but not when every set is an exact replica of the one before it with a slighty different backline shift on the last tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.