Round 10 - Dogs vs Tigers - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Discussion Thread & Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
With Kasiano at lock and (if?) Lichaa getting the "go forward" on the roll it looks as though we will have a good day out in attack. But our defence has to dominate for that to happen.

I was very happy to see Danny Fualalo in the NSW Cup line up. Is this his first run after a spell?
Believe so. He will be a bit underdone but it will be good to see him back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome back Danny hope he has a decent game.

BTW if the rumors I'm hearing prove correct the Wenty side might look very different (think "over the cap players we need to get under the cap" different).

No real salary cap restrictions in NSW Cup.

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Expect Trex to be dropped before kick off.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So he was ill for two months?
Yes. They could not pinpoint what was exactly wrong with him, he had vertigo and suffered head spins. Must have worked it out and he is back.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welcome back Danny hope he has a decent game.

BTW if the rumors I'm hearing prove correct the Wenty side might look very different (think "over the cap players we need to get under the cap" different).

No real salary cap restrictions in NSW Cup.
That will be interesting. I shall check the team list lodged with the ground manager on Saturday prior to the game. They are usually very nice about letting you know the changes.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Guess one question is answered. Des picked Holland over Stanley, who is in NSW Cup.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's a shame. Stanley is a damn good player just as fragile as glass, everytime he runs into any sort of form he breaks into pieces.
Totally agree.. BUT we have a few really decent hopefuls coming through which will need spots in NSW Cup, and Stanley wouldn't be on a cheap wage.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get Eastwood in the second row.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trex is going to be in reserve grade this week where he belongs.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. It is a rubbish call. But i guess it fits into Des' system.
Could it be that he doesn't have the balls to replace Williams with RFM, so he does it in a round about way by putting Eastwood in the second row?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Could it be that he doesn't have the balls to replace Williams with RFM, so he does it in a round about way by putting Eastwood in the second row?
RFM looks far more suited to the right edge...i guess that is why he is playing Eastwood on the left instead. Still wouldn't play Eastwood there at all, he is a prop and nothing more.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
beast can hold his own on the left edge for us, his creativity is needed to create space. he is a better middle player but we need to replace frankie's ball playing on the left, the outside backs are missing it and i'm not sure we have a guy who can do that better then beast. RFM looks to have a bit of an off load so maybe we get some before the line stuff into him too and he can play that starting role later in the year

Trex getting dropped is whats needed, i think he started the year ok but last month or so has seen the lazy efforts come back (they were still there early but less often) and he just looks like he is a 1 trick pony with the ball

re stanley: i would re-sign him, i doubt he is on that much above minimum and i think you need some experienced players in ressies when you're bringing through some younger kids, his experience helps their development and still provides depth when he is healthy

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hoping it stays this way

the interesting dilemma will be what happens when bmoz and hoppa are back

i think bmoz will still be fullback and hoppa will shift to right centre

Status
Not open for further replies.