What did you honestly expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BULLDOG GEORGE

i think the team is actually going better than i thought.

M

mofo sixx

Rebuilding phase is a crock of s**t , can you imagine how much worse it would be if the team had the attitude each week of "oh we are in a rebuilding phase" alot of how a footy team performs comes down to attitude,
would David ever have beaten Goliath without an attitude that it was possible for him to win>? , anyone who thinks its ok for the dogs of 2008 to lose a game because we are in a rebuilding phase can ah, i duno, they can do something unpleasant, they can wipe the sweat off Jarrad Hickeys spare tyre!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My expectations were for the coach to quit( this has happened). To see Groom play half back( hasn't happened yet). And El masri to loose his spot in the side toward the end of the year ( Don't think this will happen as his form has picked up a bit from last year). My expectations for the team was that we would finish 8th after the regular season and hit form and make it to the prelimanry final. Hope it happens

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree

off topic:
RYDE BULLDOG EH?
~eastwood station represent~

J

Johnno

Ryde bulldog is one of the best member on here and knows what he is on about

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its more about expectations of us playing to our potential, rather than where were gonna finish.

If we finish 10th, but try hard every week, then we'll cop it. But against the Warriors like the week before we didnt show much urgency or desperation

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
i think the team is actually going better than i thought.
Sure 2-3 isnt flash but we lost against Rorters and despite how much we hate em they are a favourite to be top 4 this year, we lost to warriors in auckland which we normally do, and they arent too shabby at home, and we lost to Parra week1. How we gave up 20-0 in week 1 was probably the most disappointing thing this year so far, the rest i can live with.

Im not angry or worried about the side. Cant win em all. I did think we would make the 8 this year and we made the top 6 last year after being 2-5 after 7 rounds so 2-3 is not the end of the world.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sure 2-3 isnt flash but we lost against Rorters and despite how much we hate em they are a favourite to be top 4 this year, we lost to warriors in auckland which we normally do, and they arent too shabby at home, and we lost to Parra week1. How we gave up 20-0 in week 1 was probably the most disappointing thing this year so far, the rest i can live with.

Im not angry or worried about the side. Cant win em all. I did think we would make the 8 this year and we made the top 6 last year after being 2-5 after 7 rounds so 2-3 is not the end of the world.
Bump for @indiandog
Dognacious has never changed
I respect that,

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ffs please dont bump my thread that said that everybody writing off the team in 2008 is not allowed to celebrate the grand final win we are going to have later that year

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs please dont bump my thread that said that everybody writing off the team in 2008 is not allowed to celebrate the grand final win we are going to have later that year
Lol,
What's your crystal ball saying now

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are so many people banned in these old threads? Haha.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump for @indiandog
Dognacious has never changed
I respect that,
One of the only positive (and needed) voices during some dark times indeed.

My fear is that we are heading down the path of 2006-2011 type failure.

Anastabation said it well in 2005. He predicted our demise and said that we are a club in decline. I'm not too sure if he follows the dogs as closely as he did back then.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
2008 we were 4 wins up at this same point in the comp.
2016 we are 5 wins up.
Cant see this year going the way that 2008 went later in the year though.
doesnt matter cos no one cares or remembers which team finishes 2nd or 2nd last.
You can bet your house the users in here will remember if we were 2nd last, and let us know about it.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Ahhhh, some Top Shelf old kennel memories in this thread!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Weeks off are funny, they are like mini offseasons. We start getting 8 year old threads bumped and it gets much quieter.

Status
Not open for further replies.