Bulldogs want Des Hasler to stay on as coach until at least 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't agree with this. The last 3 premiers all had coaches at their clubs for 2 years or less.
I can sympathise with that side of the arguement. I'm not anti-sack Des. I can see both sides of the argument.

But again, it's a risk. There's no guarantee that sacking Des will generate results just because it worked for the last 3 Premiers. I feel as though Des has put structures in place at our club that make us depend on him now in the same way he set up a dynasty at Manly for so many years.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way that Des will be released before his contract expires though I hope that he and Dorothy are pissed off from Belmore when there contracts are up

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the end of the day Folkes had eleven years as coach only won one premiership but also had a lot better players than what we have now.
Folks at least held players to account, if they didn't perform or played up, he demoted them. Folks was also passionate about our juniors as he was one himself... If you take a peak into that era, I'm sure that our lower grades were also top 4. This ultimately meant that the first graders were looking over their shoulders with the wave of high performing talent coming through.. Remember, it was folks who took the gamble on Sherwin, Anasta, SBW, Asotasi, Mason, Utai, Grimaldi and co. Who has Des taken a punt on? He's not even close to looking into our local talent pool... And for those who think our local talent is not up to scratch, a reminder that Canterbury-Bankstown has one of Sydney's best pool of young athletes so perhaps the fact Des is not interested in promoting youth suggests they have become demotivated..the results are speaking for themselves..that NSW Cup team should be top 6 with the guys available in that squad... They simply have no more goals to aspire to under Dessies reign.

Last edited:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I love it how people on here just make assumption and pull $$ out of their backsides...

I know it's a discussion forum but when people say stupid shit and declare it as fact, well, that's how silly rumours start.

People forgot that when we signed Trex he was an origin and Australian Rep, he was considered as one of the most damaging runners with the ball.

Milford, DCE, and Thurston, Norman were absolutely no chance of signing with anybody else. (how many of you would have been winning if we offered DCE the same as Manly).

Foran, well Parra just basically cheated...that's the same as Milford to an extent with Wayne Bennett and the Broncos.

Soward??? Are you freggin Serious?? That's the last thing I want in the blue and white.

Sezer, well you can thank Greenburg for that one, I have said it here years ago that this will come back to bite us in the arse, and it did. Some people said that he had an attitude, his attitude was that he is ready to play, he said that he was better than the combination that we had and because of that Greenburg decided not to sign him... S Mort is still pissed about that till today.

Beast is not on top $$.

Brett Morris was signed up as a full back... He wanted to play full back.. To say that Des cut his career short is stupid statement in itself...

Lichaa is a great player, he just is just wasted in tackling his heart out.

We need to get rid of Trex (for obvious reasons) JR (he tries his heart out, but he lacks talent) Toleman and Browne and maybe Sam P.

Once fit, I think our backline should be:
Abbey
2xMorris
Hoppa & Ronna
Tg.

We heard similar excuses during the moore era... Scrap a few players.. Rebuild... Start over... Let me remind you of the plodders that came through the club backline alone:

Bryson Goodwin
Drury Low
Jono Wright
Mitch Brown
Kris Inu
Kris Keating
Tyrone Phillips
Large islander from ipswich
Jamal Idris
Jacob loko

Just a few...

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm certainly am growing impatient with des and his style and tactics. However Wayne Bennett is considered the best coach in the nrl. When was the last time he won a premiership? 2010 when was the last time Des won one? 2011. I know it's not a relevant point but thought it was interesting. Still think this is his last year to prove himself or bring in Ivan clearly.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But Bellamy's storm never played forward based play like Des, and Bellamy unlike Des, changes his game plan every week to suit the opposition they are playing, and he did that to a tee in the 2012 GF when he outcoached DES and nullified our attack by instructing his outside backs to rush up on us whole game. was so simple and yet so effective. If hasler had a fucking clue, he should have told Keating and Reynolds to put the kick behind the line and that way it would have put the outside backs in 2 minds and they wouldnt have rushed up and would have created more room for BArba to weave his magic.
Even Haslers manly team didnt have the structures we play now. They played free flowing footy in the conventional method.
Never compared their styles just showing how long it took for him to get his first GF win as a coach. Most coaches win a GF in their first 3 years, after that the window of opportunity gets smaller and smaller. This is Des's 5th year and I cant see another GF win coming anytime soon.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tg.

We heard similar excuses during the moore era... Scrap a few players.. Rebuild... Start over... Let me remind you of the plodders that came through the club backline alone:

Bryson Goodwin
Drury Low
Jono Wright
Mitch Brown
Kris Inu
Kris Keating
Tyrone Phillips
Large islander from ipswich
Jamal Idris
Jacob loko

Just a few...

Goodwin is playing better with rabbits than he played with us or should i say under des.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm certainly am growing impatient with des and his style and tactics. However Wayne Bennett is considered the best coach in the nrl. When was the last time he won a premiership? 2010 when was the last time Des won one? 2011. I know it's not a relevant point but thought it was interesting. Still think this is his last year to prove himself or bring in Ivan clearly.
To be fair to Bennett he got sent to the Knights for 3 years and no matter how good you are you're not winning a GF there any time soon. First year back at the Broncos and he was unlucky not to win the GF. Broncos are favourites to win the comp again this year, Des never got us into the top 4 again since 2012.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Canterbury CEO Raelene Castle is deep in negotiations to keep the 55-year-old at Belmore until the end the of 2019.
That was early May 2016.

So she's been "deep in negotiations" since May 2016??

Is it any wonder the board are NOT happy with RaeRae at the moment!!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was early May 2016.

So she's been "deep in negotiations" since May 2016??

Is it any wonder the board are NOT happy with RaeRae at the moment!!!
The only thing 'deep' now is the level of shit we are in each week...and it's getting deeper!

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Realistically what better coaches are on the market?

Des is still one of the best. His loyalty to dud players is getting tiresome but he has his methods. It's the right decision to keep him here for 2 more years.

Recruitment has been the worst aspect of his Dogs career. In saying that we are only 1 or 2 key signings from challenging. He built a strong forward pack, he just hasn't got the spine right.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has become an unskilled and outdated chiropractor with our spine. We need a highly skilled surgeon now.
And this thread like mr I states, one year later we're still in deep negotiations with our coach.
4 years later i await the rockstar fullback.
It wasn't perret. Wasn't morris twins. Surely not mitch brown. Hopoate?
Fuck no to all of the above.
The lady has exposed herself as cliche fool.
And it has filtered through to the players who seem to engage more in conversation than demonstration.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love the car and always will but I hate the driver

I love the club and colours but hate the coach

It's that simple really

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fucking lol @ you once again. Go back to fairy land where everything is rainbows and lollipops.

All you do is have a bloody whinge about people that currently don't have a positive outlook on the side. How about you stop jumping into threads and swinging your dick around while making baseless claims about posters looking for a fight.

So shove your condescending attitude and stop looking for fights.
Lol I love this guy
100% correct
What is there to be positive about
The prick is holding our club to ransom or running it into the ground
Why didn't he accept the 600k payout and let us part ways.
He's an arrogant selfish scummy tight arse manly grub
Always has and always will be a womanly scum.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No gf wins
Poor top 4 record
Terrible junior development programme
Terrible recruitment & retention programme
Lack of discipline for poor on-field form
Lack of creativity

Yep, that should earn an extension...

Reactions: DT

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Took Manly 12 years from 96 to 2008, Broncos havent won since 06 so not that far behind us. For me its more that I cant see when we'll win another GF, we're currently stuck in limbo having identical seasons year after year with no change.

You've said it the way itis blueyedsamurai.

The club extended the contracts of all our forwards which has given us a bunch of old, never fit enough, injury prone, no grunt, no mongrel forwards.

Our backline looks like a spare parts shop made up of a part time full back, a make shift right wing, a good right centre and a brain snapping five eight. Our left side is made up of an ageing and injury prone wing and centre. Although both are injury prone the left winger can still do the business but the centre is a shot duck. Our half back is not worth a cracker.

So basically, when our side gives it its best shot its like looking at the family station wagon with the wheels spinning in the mud going nowhere.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We needed to make some big decisions in player contracts over the years and instead, we're paying overs for people not giving the club the appropriate return on investment.

Mybe is a classic example, how he is 750k per year is beyond belief.. There's a handful of quality halves going around that would take that in a heart beat. The fact most of our guys are playing out of position is also ridiculous.

Special mention to NSW cup and NYC up and comers who will never experience NRL unless the club is plagued by injury.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No gf wins
Poor top 4 record
Terrible junior development programme
Terrible recruitment & retention programme
Lack of discipline for poor on-field form
Lack of creativity

Yep, that should earn an extension...
Spot on

Status