TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Flogging a team that's underperforming works, if the potential is there. It's effectively a punishment to try and motivate them.
Problem with us is, I don't believe we have a team that could win a comp. I don't think they're underperforming. I think they're as shit as they look.
Flogging them will just make them tired.
I actually think our current team could win a premiership. But only if they learn some consistency i.e. learn to play consistently like we did against Manly in the first half.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IF the smashing coincides with Des also looking at his coaching than I am very happy. IF smashing means Des is just blaming the players and not himself than no change at all! Unless we run out and smash Tigpies by 70 than we will need to wait a few games to see what's doing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's true we try to play around teams, but it's up to our 6 and 7 to take control and lead the way.

The forwards aren't going to sit there and help them. It's the forwards job to get us into the opposition half. It's the halves job to do something with the ball once we get up there.
Yes it should be the halves job, but it simply isn't atm under Des. We play through the forwards to try and compress the defence and that is it, that is the only thing we do. Our halves then sit out wide like extra centres and wait for the forwards to give it to them. Everyone is simply doing what Des is asking of them.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we forgetting that we lost against a Parra team who was over the Salary Cap, and also needed the rub off the green from the ref to win, and scored a try off not 1, but 2 OBVIOUS forward passes???
You're absolutely kidding, right?

The same team who had their game plan rattled last minute by the news that their star half had to pull out of the team.

No excuses. We were pathetic.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish rumour maybe started by a disgruntled board member...
The players are 100% behind Des they are taking full responsibility for their lacklustre performances.
Des is in advanced negotiations to extend his contract.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The players are 100% behind Des they are taking full responsibility for their lacklustre performances.
If des just adapted to the new style of playing he won't be talked about,
But the fact is if we play Broncos or the knights we go in with the same game plan, we need a different approach to every team.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
An extension? Please tell me you are joking..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he finally changes his game plan to one that actually fits us then there is no need to get rid of him.

Key word is IF

Des is not fucked in the head numpty, he is just a stubborn dick head.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly believe we should give Des a round or 2 more, see if the teams attitude has changed after the embarrassing rubbish they've dished out. Apart from Cleary, who else is out there??
Our major issue is our spine.
M'Bye is a keeper, but the kid's a 5/8 or fullback. Reynolds is not a keeper unfortunately. I feel for him, he tries his guts out, he just hasn't got "it". He can't organize, he can't kick, he just hasn't got it. We need a half. Also, I don't think Liccha is much after a year and a half. He's no Ennis. We need another option there but Garvey didn't impress either. THESE are our main issues.
Williams??? That's not a major issue, des just has to cut the bloke and hopefully we don't see him again. What's Des thinking anyway? He has clearly let club, coach, players and fans down. He goes, another steps up, no major issue so long as Des acts NOW.
I say give Des a little more time and let the club invest in a halfback.
He and a Cleal though have to own up to their recruitment failures and turn that around.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a half back I like JR but the dude but he doesn't have it... We need to help Mbye out by putting him in his best position (running 5/8) and get a proper 7 to play alongside him. I am hearing some positive things about that Lewis kid but don't know if he is ready.

We also need a good option at 12, someone who isn't lazy... someone who can assist Lichaa and Jackson with some tackling... Lichaa is a good player but he is being wasted in all the tackling that he does because of how lazy Trex is.

I also think we need to drop Tolman and Browne, they both don't offer anything at the moment.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need a half back I like JR but the dude but he doesn't have it... We need to help Mbye out by putting him in his best position (running 5/8) and get a proper 7 to play alongside him. I am hearing some positive things about that Lewis kid but don't know if he is ready.

We also need a good option at 12, someone who isn't lazy... someone who can assist Lichaa and Jackson with some tackling... Lichaa is a good player but he is being wasted in all the tackling that he does because of how lazy Trex is.

I also think we need to drop Tolman and Browne, they both don't offer anything at the moment.
Agree with everything.... it is intersting what you say abouy Lewis, i would have thought he is a couple of years off first grade

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with everything.... it is intersting what you say abouy Lewis, i would have thought he is a couple of years off first grade
Yeah, that's why I'm saying he isn't FG ready yet.

I would have loved to sign Cronk for 2 years so he can bring all his experience to help Mbye... But it looks like he will be staying in Melbourne. So our next best option is Brooks.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I'm saying he isn't FG ready yet.

I would have loved to sign Cronk for 2 years so he can bring all his experience to help Mbye... But it looks like he will be staying in Melbourne. So our next best option is Brooks.
Id be happy with brooks! Questionable in D but nothing a good off season won't help to fix.... as soon as josh reynolds is gone, is when i let me son watching their games again, dunno how he kept his contract after 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.