TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikgan123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des Hasler is one of several under pressure coaches who would be silently praising theEels for taking the focus elsewhere this week.

Over the weekend, he was the target of an extraordinary stab from Bulldogs legendTerry Lamb.

Asked to fathom the team’s inconsistent form, Lamb said Hasler didn’t understand the club’s culture and history.

In this day and age of highly controlled public statements, that’s about as inflammatory as it gets.

But make no mistake – Lamb was entirely on message. A Bulldogs ambassador who is paid to promote the club, Lamb’s views on Hasler are entirely in line with those of certain board members.

Bulldogs directors had numerous conversations about Hasler in the lead-up to last Friday’s red-letter clash against Parramatta.

The build-up also featured Lamb publicly declaring that Canterbury wouldn’t make the finals if they lost. And they lost.

The next morning Lamb gave his thoughts on Hasler in an unprompted interview with The Sunday Telegraph.

Make what you like of that timeline; as well as the fact Hasler’s management has tried to start talks about a contract extension in recent weeks.

The two-time premiership winner is a free agent at the end of 2017. We understand the Bulldogs board are demanding a huge improvement in the focus on junior development and the lower grades for Hasler to stay.

And Hasler’s reaction? Our sources say Bulldogs players have been relentlessly flogged this week; despite having the weekend free.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...ep-round-featuring-josh-massoud-and-liam-cox/

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can flogg the players all you like ,that aint going to change the shitty game plan.
If a player aint up for fg drop them .try chasing kicks , try something different have a deep back line set for tbe 4th tackle throw it around. For fuck sake just do something different .

FreshSoulL

Faith
Reaction score
Ive been hearing before the season started that there was a lot of heat and pressure on Dessie

Last edited:

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Is there really any chance of the game plan changing?
Not likely.

Steve Wilson

Waterboy
Reaction score
Our recruitment at a junior level is poor. This mantra of going around and buying all the big islander kids, with poor body shapes on $500 junior contracts and hoping 1 in fifty turn out to be ok, is ridiculous. And our junior coaching is ordinary. Giving mates of mates junior coaching positions is absurd, but i do know that junior coaches are hamstrung to a degree as they are told how to coach and play the way des wants and not to implement any ideas themselves, or if they do, they are rissoled pretty quickly.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Are we forgetting that we lost against a Parra team who was over the Salary Cap, and also needed the rub off the green from the ref to win, and scored a try off not 1, but 2 OBVIOUS forward passes???

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Are we forgetting that we lost against a Parra team who was over the Salary Cap, and also needed the rub off the green from the ref to win, and scored a try off not 1, but 2 OBVIOUS forward passes???
And played without Perrett who has been outstanding this year,
The guy didn't even get a mention!!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
They were down to 14 players we should have smashed them ,
Down by 8 with 20 min to go and we couldn't score.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
In some small and immature way, hearing that the team have been flogged this week actually makes me feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside.

Although if you come back to reality I'm not sure that simply 'training harder' is going to solve our problem. Our key problems that need addressing:

- Halves that can't control a team
- Halves that can't capitalise on the most metres gained in the competition out of any team (or close to it)
- Halves that seem clueless how to put pressure on a team
- The team looking like the Chester Hill Under 7's when we attack an oppositions line
- Having next to no 'plays' on the opposition line apart from the out the back and cut out ball to a winger who hopefully makes it into the corner for a try.
- Halves with no kicking games

When you actually put the issues down in black and white, it seems the problems tend to come back to the #6 and #7.

Reactions: TAS

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flogging thing could be coincidental. Heard on triple m from ex players and Soward that some people prefer short turn arounds because you have less training. Longer turn arounds often invoke coaches and their staff to "flog" them perse.

And I think we're not playing this week right? so yeh...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ive been hearing before the season started that there was a lot of heat and pressure on Dessie
I heard exactly the same thing. One of our key forwards told me directly that he (Des) was under pressure from the board, well before the season started.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In some small and immature way, hearing that the team have been flogged this week actually makes me feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside.

Although if you come back to reality I'm not sure that simply 'training harder' is going to solve our problem. Our key problems that need addressing:

- Halves that can't control a team
- Halves that can't capitalise on the most metres gained in the competition out of any team (or close to it)
- Halves that seem clueless how to put pressure on a team
- The team looking like the Chester Hill Under 7's when we attack an oppositions line
- Having next to no 'plays' on the opposition line apart from the out the back and cut out ball to a winger who hopefully makes it into the corner for a try.
- Halves with no kicking games

When you actually put the issues down in black and white, it seems the problems tend to come back to the #6 and #7.
Our halves don't even get the chance to control the team, simple as that. We play around teams and not through them. Im not gunna sit here and blame our halves for shit that isn't there fault.

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its got nothing to do with flogging the team. Its got to do with his shithouse gameplans, and playbook. I cant understand why we looked so sharp in attack in round 1 agaisnt Manly, and back to the same shit that we have been dishing out since 2013. Tolman and Graham playing 6 and 7 in our attacking zone, and our 7,9,6 playing like shrinking violets.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flogging a team that's underperforming works, if the potential is there. It's effectively a punishment to try and motivate them.
Problem with us is, I don't believe we have a team that could win a comp. I don't think they're underperforming. I think they're as shit as they look.
Flogging them will just make them tired.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Our halves don't even get the chance to control the team, simple as that. We play around teams and not through them. Im not gunna sit here and blame our halves for shit that isn't there fault.
It's true we try to play around teams, but it's up to our 6 and 7 to take control and lead the way.

The forwards aren't going to sit there and help them. It's the forwards job to get us into the opposition half. It's the halves job to do something with the ball once we get up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.