Bulldogs great Terry Lamb says coach Des Hasler doesn’t get the Canterbury club culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
BIG story in the Mole in @LeagueWeek tomorrow - the @NRL_Bulldogs board members gunning for Des Hasler - and who they want to replace him!
I'm over 35. I need it in English

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TACKLE FIVE – DOGS OF WAR TARGET DES

Des Hasler
is one of several under pressure coaches who would be silently praising theEels for taking the focus elsewhere this week.

Over the weekend, he was the target of an extraordinary stab from Bulldogs legendTerry Lamb.

Asked to fathom the team’s inconsistent form, Lamb said Hasler didn’t understand the club’s culture and history.

In this day and age of highly controlled public statements, that’s about as inflammatory as it gets.

But make no mistake – Lamb was entirely on message. A Bulldogs ambassador who is paid to promote the club, Lamb’s views on Hasler are entirely in line with those of certain board members.

Bulldogs directors had numerous conversations about Hasler in the lead-up to last Friday’s red-letter clash against Parramatta.

The build-up also featured Lamb publicly declaring that Canterbury wouldn’t make the finals if they lost. And they lost.

The next morning Lamb gave his thoughts on Hasler in an unprompted interview with The Sunday Telegraph.

Make what you like of that timeline; as well as the fact Hasler’s management has tried to start talks about a contract extension in recent weeks.

The two-time premiership winner is a free agent at the end of 2017. We understand the Bulldogs board are demanding a huge improvement in the focus on junior development and the lower grades for Hasler to stay.

And Hasler’s reaction? Our sources say Bulldogs players have been relentlessly flogged this week; despite having the weekend free.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Both.....
Surely he'd be under serious pressure from the board.

I'd be interested to know what Des's KPI's look like as I'm sure there's a focus on lower grades/development, which seem to be going downhill severely over the last few years.

That in itself has to be getting some air time from the board.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Surely the club must do something, he's killing us slowly! Things need to change asap!
Internal discussions between board and coach take place at every club.A few questions would have been asked by the board in regards to team performance but that's about it.Don't read to much into it.Things will hopefully change

Status
Not open for further replies.