Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So Parra can't play for points until under the cap again. That idiot at Parra has indicated prior to this that they will fight it, question is: Any team they play, do the 2 points go to them win or lose? Parra shouldn't be allowed to field a team until they are under the cap for 2016 and should forfeit all games until they are!
If Parra win, they will not earn the 2 points, neither will the losing team.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That does raise a very good point that the NRL have not addressed. This can really change the make up of the 8
Exactly, what were the reporters thinking not asking this question?

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I shouldn't make fun, as really I can never forget how brutal other fans were to our club and supporters. And the supporters really aren't at fault here... but with no malice, I have to have my bit of fun:

Modifying the lyrics a bit:

They made us proud,
they made us rich,
but how were we to know,
they're counterfeit

*continue rocking hard*

Edit: oh, and the video may be NSFW. It certainly has some images of people being operated on, that may not be fore the faint hearted. But it is just a regular music video that you might see on MTV.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This one is of massive proportions. I cannot understand how they can still be allowed to accrue points and have a chance of playing semi final footy. Of course they cannot do this until they cut $570k from their roster and I would say they will do this sooner ( much) rather than later. Two weeks until their next game.
Todd unlike his predecessors took the easy road in not wanting to prevent them earning any points. Why is that the case? How will it sit with him and the NRL if Parramatta can make the semis and go deep into September; I know it will not sit well with fans of the other clubs who were punished for the same crime of breaching the salary cap in a deliberate way. They were not afforded the same. I guess the lesson is if you get caught, get caught early in the season so you still have a shot at the big dance.

Hailed as the BIGGEST breach since the Melbourne one; however Melbourne was precluded from winning any further points in the competition and took NO part in the finals series. Consistency....what? A fine of $1mill with $250k suspended. Todd Greenberg says it was an operation of consistent, systematic and sustained rorting by the club under the watch of the board and its members and in fact they helped with it. Paying cash under the table, dodgy invoices, dodgy third party; they had numerous chances to come clean and did not. Breach 5 of the last 6 years and are over again this year. The breach in fact is even bigger than ours.

The NRL is well and truly pissed at the club and I don't blame them, I am certainly angry.

I feel for guys like DB and others who love their club and don't deserve the anguish. The guys who perpetrated this are a bunch of arseholes and they deserve nothing but scorn and need to be ashamed of themselves.Lying, cheating bastards, all of them.

You know what makes this worse. Parra did sweet FA over the last three years and the advantage they sought to gain did nothing.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Head start for most Eels fans. DB this is not referred to you whatsoever, you're one of the coolest Eels fans I've ever come across.

PARRAMATTA-EELS.png

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why did we have to play them twice in 5 weeks before they got their judgment
BS
Now that is a good question.

We lost both times to a club that had breached the cap by monumental proportions and now the NRL says that they can still have the chance to play a part in the semis? Any club they have played has effectively been penalised by the fact that it was not a level playing field. I would say that in relation to any club that had played them and lost. Two points to them by deception and a big fat zero to the side that lost.

Melbourne fans in particular will be absolutely filthy that the punishment has been handed down in the form it has been.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Head start for most Eels fans. DB this is not referred to you whatsoever, you're one of the coolest Eels fans I've ever come across.

View attachment 453
Nah, it's all good Izy. I knew we would lose points and get a fine, I'm ok with that. But the NRL said we were ok for this year, now they have retracted that. Now, they want to pull the team apart. It's rather ironic than you put that coffin up, because if you saw me at present, I look like I belong in one:-). Anyway, I'm going to leave you all to have your fun. I think you may understand I can't join you all in your celebrations.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah, it's all good Izy. I knew we would lose points and get a fine, I'm ok with that. But the NRL said we were ok for this year, now they have retracted that. Now, they want to pull the team apart. It's rather ironic than you put that coffin up, because if you saw me at present, I look like I belong in one:grinning:. Anyway, I'm going to leave you all to have your fun. I think you may understand I can't join you all in your celebrations.
Fuck that coffin talk bro, we have plans remember?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the fuk are they only being docked 12 points what the fuk is this shit. How is it fair the dogs were docked 37 and Melbourne couldn't acquire points while eels are only docked 12.
And eels fans think themselevs victims of the nrl and are targeted. Fucken dillusional every eels fan, dillusionalllllll. They're still over the cap by over half a mil and they wanna complainnn fkn get a life you scummy *****.
And they're so shit it took them like 5 years how to work out how to cheat properly to win instead of cheating to win the wooden spoon. Retarded mutha fkr hill bullied rabied looking muthr fkrs

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nah, it's all good Izy. I knew we would lose points and get a fine, I'm ok with that. But the NRL said we were ok for this year, now they have retracted that. Now, they want to pull the team apart. It's rather ironic than you put that coffin up, because if you saw me at present, I look like I belong in one:grinning:. Anyway, I'm going to leave you all to have your fun. I think you may understand I can't join you all in your celebrations.
I'm not celebrating (doesn't appear that way with my earlier post though, I concede :grinning:). But honestly, your admin may have been the worst perps, but we all know there are more clubs (and were so when the Bulldogs copped it in 2002) doing dodgy things around the salary cap. The cap is so artificial. A complete con. If you are a club that fully complies, or even has no choice (based on wealth, or lack thereof) but to comply, you are worse off than without the salary cap restriction. Because you comply, whilst clubs around you that do the dodgy, have an unfair advantage you can't compete with. For all the rorts Parra are guilty of, there is no suggestion that they placed a strain on the clubs finances. That wouldn't be so for a St. George Illawara, or West Tigers, etc.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh and a p fkn s to dropbear. Stop talking shit. Yes the nrl cleared them for this but then they found more shit out after they asked the eels if there is anything else. Stop playing the fkn victim card and accept how shit your club is without a but or a if or a they said this or they said that or he did that or he didn't do that fkn suck it up I swear you eels supporters are the biggest fkn whingers and act as if the nrl has it out for you. You only need to look at only 12 point deduction compared the penalty of the dogs and the storm.
Oh and your team is still over the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.